With Folded Hands
"folded hands "|"folded hand" |"with folded hand"|"with folded hands"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "With Folded Hands"
The following 98 pages are in this category, out of 98 total.
- A devotee who rises early in the morning and with folded hands chants these prayers sung by Lord Siva and gives facility to others to hear them certainly becomes free from all bondage to fruitive activities
- After all the rsis and others had seated themselves comfortably, the King, humbly standing before them with folded hands, told them of his decision to fast until death
- After He had followed Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for some distance, Advaita Acarya was petitioned by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu with folded hands. The Lord spoke the following sweet words
- After hearing from the great sage Maitreya about the Lord's incarnation as Varaha, Vidura, who had taken a vow, begged him with folded hands to please narrate further transcendental activities of the Lord, since he (Vidura) did not yet feel satisfied
- After his appearance, Svayambhuva Manu, the father of mankind, along with his wife (Satarupa), thus addressed the reservoir of Vedic wisdom, Brahma, with obeisances and folded hands
- After offering the wooden shoes before Lord Ramacandra, Lord Bharata stood with folded hands, His eyes full of tears, and Lord Ramacandra bathed Bharata with tears while embracing Him with both arms for a long time
- After receiving the Lord's causeless mercy, the two brothers folded their hands and in great humility offered the following prayers unto the Lord
- Akrura thought, "By His (Krsna's) merciful embrace, surely my body, heart and soul will be completely cleansed of the actions and reactions of my past life. When our bodies touch, I will immediately stand up with folded hands, with all humility"
- Akrura thought, "Even though I am on a sinful mission, being deputed by Kamsa, when I approach the Supreme Personality of Godhead (Krsna), I shall stand before Him with all humility and folded hands"
- All the demigods are surrendering and entering into You. They are very much afraid, and with folded hands they are singing the Vedic hymns. BG 11.21 - 1972
- All the members of the Kuru dynasty appeared before Lord Balarama with folded hands just to beg the pardon of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- All the princes who saw Lord Krsna forgot all their past tribulations. With folded hands and with great devotion, they offered prayers to Lord Krsna, as follows
- All the sages and demigods, headed by Indra, offered their respectful obeisances unto Lord Siva with folded hands. Lord Siva was dressed in saffron garments and absorbed in trance, thus appearing to be the foremost of all sages
- Although for the moment he (Akrura) was bewildered, he retained his clear consciousness and bowed down his head before the Lord. With folded hands and faltering voice, he began to offer prayers to the Lord
- Although Indra was so powerful that he could neutralize the sinful reactions for killing a brahmana, he repentantly accepted the burden of these reactions with folded hands
- Arriving in that way, the Muslim governor was respectfully brought before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu by the maha-patra. The governor then stood before the Lord with folded hands, and he chanted the holy name of Krsna
- As far as liberation is concerned, I (Srila Bilvamangala Thakura) think that liberation stands at my door with folded hands, waiting to serve me
- At Soro-ksetra, the Lord requested the Sanodiya brahmana and Rajaputa Krsnadasa to return home, but with folded hands they began to speak as follows
- At this time Prthu Maharaja became exactly like Yamaraja, & his whole body appeared very angry. In other words, he was anger personified. After hearing him, the planet earth began to tremble. She surrendered, & with folded hands began to speak as follows
- Bali Maharaja's chaste wife, afraid and aggrieved at seeing her husband arrested, immediately offered obeisances to Lord Vamanadeva (Upendra). She folded her hands and spoke
- Being thus ordered by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, all the boys went to the brahmanas and began to ask for some charity. They approached them with folded hands and fell down on the ground to offer respect
- Bilvamangala Thakura realized that if one develops his natural devotional service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, mukti stands before him with folded hands to offer all kinds of service
- But after this incident, his false, puffed-up prestige was destroyed. Being conscious of his subordinate position, he appeared before Krsna with folded hands and began to offer the following prayers
- But since his heart was already attracted by the deities, somehow or other he gathered his senses, and with folded hands and sweet words he began to offer prayers to the predominating deities of the universe
- By the time the Lord finished all these daily duties and activities, His charioteer Daruka would come with His wonderful chariot to stand before the Lord with folded hands, intimating that the chariot was ready
- Finally all of Lord Jagannatha's servants submitted to the goddess of fortune with folded hands, assuring her that they would bring Lord Jagannatha before her the very next day
- Folding his hands, Sanatana Gosvami said, "My Lord, You ordered me to write a directory about the activities of Vaisnavas"
- Folding his two hands, he (Canura) began to strike the chest of Krsna, but Lord Krsna was not even slightly disturbed, any more than an elephant is when hit by a flower garland
- Getting up from the ground & seeing Brahma before him, the head of the Daityas was overwhelmed by jubilation. With tears in his eyes, his whole body shivering, he began praying in a humble mood, with folded hands and a faltering voice, to satisfy Brahma
- Gigantic demon asked with folded hands, "What shall I do, my lord?" Lord Siva, who is known as Bhutanatha, directly ordered, "Because you are born from my body, you are the chief of all my associates. Kill Daksa and his soldiers at the sacrifice."
- Having recited all these verses from scripture, the Lord again offered His obeisances, and all the devotees, with folded hands, also offered prayers to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- He also worshiped many other living entities who presented themselves in the sacrificial arena. With folded hands he worshiped all these, as well as the SPG and the personal associates of the Lord, by offering sweet words and as much wealth as possible
- He fell on the ground with his head bowed to offer obeisances unto the lotus feet of the Lord. His heart naturally full of love of God, with folded hands he satisfied the Lord with prayers
- He immediately stood up, along with Svayambhuva Manu and his son Priyavrata, whom Narada was instructing. Then they folded their hands and began to worship Lord Brahma with great respect
- Hiranyakasipu was by nature very cruel, and feeling insulted, he began hissing like a snake trampled upon by someone's foot. His son Prahlada was peaceful, mild and gentle, his senses were under control, and he stood before Hiranyakasipu with folded hands
- If a servant makes a mistake, the master is punishable because he is responsible for the offense. Taking this seriously, Yamaraja, along with his servants, prayed with folded hands to be excused by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana
- If one has no straw mat, he can immediately cleanse the ground and ask the guest to sit there. Supposing that a householder cannot even do that, then with folded hands he can simply receive the guest, saying, "Welcome
- If they want to insist on touching your feet and there is no other way to avoid it, you can simply remember your predecessor Acaryas and Spiritual Masters and accept them and return namaskara with folded hands. That is the Vaisnava etiquette
- In a deep voice that resembled the rumbling of clouds, the Lord replied to the demigods, who all stood there attentively with folded hands
- Maharaja Prataparudra was so humble that with folded hands he first took permission from all the devotees. Then, with great courage, he fell down and touched the lotus feet of the Lord
- My dear Lord, by Your causeless mercy I am awakened to consciousness, although I am only ten months old. For this causeless mercy of the SPG, the friend of all fallen souls, there is no way to express my gratitude but to pray with folded hands
- Narada Muni continued: O King, although the exalted devotee Prahlada Maharaja was only a little boy, he accepted Lord Brahma's words. He gradually proceeded toward Lord Nrsimhadeva and fell down to offer his respectful obeisances with folded hands
- Not only did Krsna bow down, but He also touched the feet of Narada and with folded hands requested him to sit on His chair. Lord Krsna is the Supreme Personality, worshiped by all devotees. He is the most worshipable spiritual master of everyone
- O King, being very much aggrieved, they pleaded to Indra with folded hands, saying, "Dear Indra, we are the Maruts, your brothers. Why are you trying to kill us?"
- Offering obeisances to the Lord with folded hands, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu raised His face toward Jagannatha and prayed as follows
- One day Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya came before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu with folded hands and submitted a request
- Our only request is, with folded hands and begging you, so many flatterings, we simply request... Dante nidhaya trnakam padayor nipatya. This is our process. We are not very violent pushing
- Please just touch your (the gopis') foreheads with folded palms and bow down before the demigod Varuna in order to be excused from this offensive act (going naked in the river Yamuna)
- Prahlada was peaceful, mild and gentle, his senses were under control, and he stood before Hiranyakasipu with folded hands
- Prahlada, master of all the chiefs of the demons, took the Supreme Lord's order on his head with folded hands. After saying yes to the Lord, circumambulating Him and offering Him respectful obeisances, he entered the lower planetary system known as Sutala
- Prthu Maharaja continued: How can such persons, who have rendered unlimited service by explaining the path of self-realization in relation to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, be repaid except by folded palms containing water for their satisfaction?
- Sanjaya said to Dhrtarastra: O King, after hearing these words from the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Arjuna trembled, fearfully offered obeisances with folded hands and began, falteringly, to speak as follows: BG 11.35 - 1972
- Seeing her, the damsels suddenly rose and said with folded hands, "We are your maidservants. Tell us what we can do for you"
- Seeing Krsna offering obeisances to Lord Maha-Visnu, he immediately followed Him and then stood before the Lord with folded hands. After this, the gigantic form of Maha-Visnu, greatly pleased, smiled pleasingly and spoke as follows
- Sri Advaita Prabhu would also place a flower garland around the Lord's neck and tulasi flowers (manjaris) on His head. Then, with folded hands, Advaita Acarya would offer obeisances and prayers unto the Lord
- Sri Bilvamangala Thakur has said, "And as far as liberation is concerned, I think liberation stands at my door with folded hands waiting to serve me"
- Srila Sukadeva Gosvami said: Accompanied by Bali Maharaja, my dear King Pariksit, Prahlada Maharaja, the master of all the chiefs of the demons, took the Supreme Lord's order on his head with folded hands
- Still hungry, Durvasa Muni, his body trembling, his face curved and his eyebrows crooked in a frown, angrily spoke as follows to King Ambarisa, who stood before him with folded hands
- Submissively offering prayers to the devotees with folded hands and offering obeisances to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the King went outside
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: O King Pariksit, Lord Brahma then began to speak to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, within the hearing of Prahlada Maharaja, who stood nearby with folded hands
- The doorkeeper (of Sudharma assembly house) was ordered to present him (a person) before the Lord, and the man appeared and offered his respectful obeisances unto the Lord with folded hands
- The great sage Maitreya continued: Out of his causeless mercy, the exalted personality Lord Siva, a great devotee of Lord Narayana, continued to speak to the King's sons, who were standing with folded hands
- The King thus said: We have inherited the fame of Arjuna; therefore since you have surrendered yourself with folded hands you need not fear for your life. But you cannot remain in my kingdom, for you are the friend of irreligion
- The living entity in this frightful condition of life, bound by seven layers of material ingredients, prays with folded hands, appealing to the Lord, who has put him in that condition
- The Pracetas were already purified due to the Lord's presence before them, and they could therefore offer the proper prayers with folded hands
- The sage Maitreya said to Vidura: After his appearance, Manu, the father of mankind, along with his wife, thus addressed the reservoir of Vedic wisdom, Brahma, with obeisances and folded hands
- The Siva-jvara thus understood that without Krsna, or Narayana, no one could help him. He therefore rightly took shelter of Lord Krsna and, with folded hands, began to pray as follows
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, being situated in everyone's heart, could understand Dhruva Maharaja's awkward position. Out of His causeless mercy He touched His conchshell to the forehead of Dhruva Maharaja, who stood before Him with folded hands
- The two brothers got up, and again taking straw between their teeth, they humbly offered their prayers with folded hands
- The young brahmana came to him and offered respectful obeisances. Then, very humbly folding his hands, he spoke as follows
- Then, bewildered and astonished, his hair standing on end, Arjuna began to pray with folded hands, offering obeisances to the Supreme Lord. BG 11.14 - 1972
- Therefore with folded hands we beg Your pardon. My Lord, since You are supremely merciful and are always full of good qualities, please pardon us. We offer our respectful obeisances unto You
- Uddhava said: O Vidura, when I was thus favored at every moment by the SP of Godhead and addressed by Him with great affection, my words failed in tears, and the hairs on my body erupted. After smearing my tears, I, with folded hands, spoke like this
- Upon regaining consciousness and being released from the punishment, Kaliya got back his life force and the working power of his senses. With folded hands, he humbly began to pray to the Supreme Lord Krsna
- When Akrura understood that Krsna was the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he bowed his head to Krsna's lotus feet and with folded hands began to pray in a faltering voice. There are also examples of faltering of the voice caused by fearfulness
- When Dhruva Maharaj saw two associates of Narayana approaching him, he immediately stood up out of sincere respect and devotion and remained before them with folded hands; but because of his ecstatic love he could hardly offer them a proper reception
- When Garga Muni arrived at the home of Nanda Maharaja, Nanda Maharaja was very much pleased to see him and immediately stood up with folded hands and offered his respectful obeisances
- When Lord Krsna was thus worshiped by King Yudhisthira, all the members present in the assembly stood up with folded hands and began to chant, "Jaya! Jaya! Namah! Namah!"
- When Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Nityananda Prabhu went to accept the prasadam, They both called Mukunda and Haridasa to come with Them. However, Mukunda and Haridasa, both with folded hands, spoke as follows
- When Nanda Maharaja saw Garga Muni present at his home, Nanda was so pleased that he stood up to receive him with folded hands - SB 10.8.2
- When Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya saw the form of Lord Krsna manifested in Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he immediately fell down flat to offer Him obeisances. Then he stood up and with folded hands began to offer prayers
- When that gigantic demon (Virabhadra) asked with folded hands, "What shall I do, my lord?" Lord Siva, who is known as Bhutanatha, directly ordered, "Because you are born from my body, you are the chief of all my associates. Therefore, kill Daksa"
- When the hero Prsadhra was thus cursed by his spiritual master, he accepted the curse with folded hands. Then, having controlled his senses, he took the vow of brahmacarya, which is approved by all great sages
- When the two confidential servants of the Supreme Lord, who were named Nanda and Sunanda, approached him, smiling happily, Dhruva stood with folded hands, bowing humbly. They then addressed him as follows
- When Vasudeva was convinced that the newborn child was the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself, he bowed down with folded hands and began to offer Him prayers
- While being worshiped by Yaksas, Kinnaras and Caranas, he spoke to Dhruva Maharaja, who stood before him with folded hands
- With folded hands she began to bow down to the trees, asking them, "What is the medicinal herb which can check Krsna's dying from this poisonous water?" This is an instance of insanity caused by some great danger
- With folded hands she offered obeisances at the lotus feet of Haridasa Thakura. Sitting at the door, she then spoke in a very sweet voice
- With folded hands, all the Brahmas and Sivas began to offer prayers unto Lord Krsna, saying, O Lord, You have shown me a great favor. I have been able to see Your lotus feet
- With folded hands, the King (Bahulasva) and the brahmana (Srutadeva) each simultaneously invited Lord Krsna and all the sages (Narada, Vamadeva, Atri, Vyasadeva, Parasurama, Asita, Aruni, Sukadeva and others) to his home
- With tears in his (Hiranyakasipu's) eyes, his whole body shivering, he began praying in a humble mood, with folded hands and a faltering voice, to satisfy Lord Brahma