Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
wish | wisher | wished | wishers | wishes | wishful | wishfully | wishing | wishy
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
Pages in category "Wish"
The following 166 pages are in this category, out of 166 total.
- A devotee female said, "I have been so attracted by Your beauty that I wish that You accept me as Your conjugal lover"
- A devotee said, "Since seeing Him I cannot remain silently at home. I wish to go out to Him always"
- A devotee who is attached to a particular form of the Lord does not wish to change his devotion to other forms
- A devotee who wishes to advance in Krsna consciousness must have knowledge of Krsna's personal form, His three principal energies, His pastimes and the relationship of the living entities with Him
- A karmi must be envious because he wishes to enjoy material pleasures to their fullest extent. That is the material disease
- According to the parampara system, I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) wish to take the dust from the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Nityananda Prabhu, Advaita Prabhu, and all the associates of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Actually, pure devotion is explained in the previous chapter: the mind of the Supreme Lord and the mind of the devotee should be dovetailed. A devotee should not wish anything but to execute the desire of the Supreme. That is oneness
- Actually, pure happiness cannot be had within this material world. If we wish to enjoy something, we must suffer for something else
- After describing the Lord's distribution of the fruit of love of Godhead, I now wish to describe the different branches of the tree of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Although one may complain that no kalpa-vrksa, wish-fulfilling trees, exist there, when the Gosvamis were there, kalpa-vrksa were present. It is not that one can simply go to such a tree and make demands; one must first become a devotee
- Ananda means blissfulness. That is our nature. Therefore we want to live. We do not wish to die. We do not wish... Nobody wishes to die, but we are forced to die. That is our punishment
- Anyone who wishes to get out of this prison house of material existence, which is full of miseries like repetition of birth, death, disease and old age, must please Lord Visnu for such liberation
- Anyone who, disregarding the pure Ganges, wishes to be purified instead by the filthy water flowing in a drain, cannot be successful. Similarly, one can successfully attain pure knowledge of the Absolute only by hearing from the pure Absolute Himself
- Arjuna could understand that his affection for family members and his wish to protect them from death were the causes of his perplexities
- As long as a person is fully in cooperation with the wishes of the Lord, guided by the bona fide brahmanas and Vaisnavas and strictly following religious principles, one has no cause for despondency
- As the father becomes unhappy when one of his children wishes to break family connections I also become unhappy when there is difficulties within our ISKCON family. So please do not consider leaving as you are spiritual children of mine
- At the same time Narada was wishing that the child within the womb could also take advantage of the instructions
- Baladeva's affection for Krsna is illustrated in this statement to Subala: "My dear friend, please inform Krsna not to go to Kaliya's lake today. Today is His birthday, and so I wish to go along with Mother Yasoda to bathe Him"
- Because the Lord wished to lie down in meditation, the material energy created innumerable universes at once, in each of them the Lord lay down, and thus all the planets and the different paraphernalia were created at once by the will of the Lord
- Being questioned, Lord Brahma immediately replied, Later I shall tell You why I have come. First of all there is a doubt in my mind which I wish You would kindly dissipate
- Brahma said, "I wish to be one of them instead of such an exalted person as I am now, for I am full of ignorance. The gopis and cows of Vrndavana are so fortunate that they have been able to supply their breast milk to You"
- Canura continued, "Because of Your Krsna's) strength, it behooves You to compete with the strongest wrestlers amongst us. I therefore wish to wrestle with You, and Your elder brother, Balarama, will wrestle with Mustika"
- Canura continued, "We wish, therefore, for You (Krsna and Balarama) to join with us in wrestling so that all the people present here, including the King, will be pleased"
- Finding it impossible, and not wishing to take an active part on behalf of either party, He (Balarama) left Dvaraka on the plea of visiting various holy places of pilgrimage
- For instance, when one businessman wishes to contact another businessman he arranges a feast in a hotel, and over the feast openly expresses what he wishes to do
- For those saintly persons who wish to rise to the platform of yogic perfection, the means consists of practicing the yoga system by strictly following its regulative principles and practicing the yoga postures and breathing exercises
- He (a devotee) also wishes that the Personality of Godhead will be pleased to give him directions as to how to fan
- He (Pradyumna) said, "I do not even wish to stay at Dvaraka in the absence of my father (Krsna)"
- He's always disturbed, but still, he does not wish to go back to Godhead. Therefore there is a constant endeavor on the part of God to reclaim these conditioned souls
- However, this will not harm my attempt. These pastimes of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu will certainly please all saintly people who have clear hearts. They will certainly enjoy it. We wish that this will enhance their enjoyment more and more
- I (Krsna) wish to protect the inhabitants of Vrndavana from the attacks of My enemies. That is why I remain in My kingdom; otherwise I am indifferent to My royal position.
- I (Laksmidevi) wish that You (Lord Kamadeva) may also place Your hand on My head, for although You already bear my insignia of golden streaks on Your chest, I regard this honor as merely a kind of false prestige for me
- I (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) wish you good luck. O Brahma, you may ask from Me, the giver of all benediction, all that you may desire. You may know that the ultimate benediction, as the result of all penances, is to see Me by realization
- I am feeling now very much obliged to my, this Godbrother, that he carried out the wish of my spiritual master and enforced me to accept this sannyasa order
- I am prepared to cooperate with the Gaudiya Mission in all respects, but I do not know under what condition you wish to cooperate with me
- I belong to the Rajaputa caste, and my home is just on the other side of the river Yamuna. But I wish to be the servant of a Vaisnava
- I do not wish the servants of Lord Jagannatha to touch me. I would remain there in the garden alone. That is my desire
- I have already described all these incidents, but I still wish to add briefly something more
- I have only this body, and therefore I surrender it unto you. Now, if you wish, you may sell it anywhere you like. It is your property
- I may not be liberated birth after birth, it doesn't matter. But I wish that, I wish to live with the devotees
- I offer my respectful obeisances to all the residents of Vrndavana. I wish to place their lotus feet on my head in great humbleness
- I was searching after a piece of glass, but instead I have found a most valuable jewel. Therefore I am so satisfied that I do not wish to ask any benediction from You
- I wish that all those calamities would happen again and again so that we could see You again and again, for seeing You means that we will no longer see repeated births and deaths
- I wish that You not show me this closing chapter of Your pastimes. Before that time comes, kindly let my body fall down in Your presence
- I wish the grace of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, by whose mercy even one who is fallen can describe the pastimes of the Lord
- I wish to catch Your lotuslike feet upon my heart and see Your moonlike face
- I wish to hear topics concerning Lord Krsna constantly. Be merciful unto me and kindly tell me something about Krsna
- I wish to invite all the demigods, beginning from Brahma, Siva & other exalted chiefs of the heavenly planets & in that great assembly of demigods from all parts of the universe, I want to substantiate that You are the SPG & that everyone is Your servant
- I wish to place the lotus feet of the Gosvamis on my head. Their names are Sri Svarupa Damodara, Sri Rupa Gosvami, Sri Sanatana Gosvami, Sri Raghunatha dasa Gosvami and Sri Jiva Gosvami
- If a person possessing millions of wish-fulfilling cows loses one she-goat, he does not consider the loss. Krsna owns all six opulences in full. If the entire material energy is destroyed, what does He lose
- If I (Lord Krsna) especially favor a devotee and especially wish to care for him, the first thing I do is take away his riches
- If I wish to be a hunter, it will appear that hunting is the source of my maintenance. If I become a brahmana and completely depend on Krsna, I do not conduct a business, but nonetheless my maintenance is supplied by Krsna
- If one wishes to enjoy something in the future, he has to endure trouble in the present. If one wants to become a millionaire in the future and enjoy his riches, he has to work very hard at the present moment in order to accumulate money
- If one wishes to enjoy the senses more than required, he becomes attached to family life, which means bondage. All the Pracetas admitted their fault in remaining in household life
- If we wish to become fully Krsna conscious, we have to give up the shackles of maya. Or, if we remain with maya, we should live in such a way that we will not be subject to illusion, as did the many householders among Lord Caitanya's closest devotees
- If we wish to get rid of all sorts of illusion and anxiety and create unity out of all diverse interests, we must bring God into all our activities
- If we wish to show real mercy, we will preach Krsna consciousness in order to revive the lost consciousness of human beings, the living entity's original consciousness
- In a similar passage in Narada-pancaratra it is stated, "My dear Lord, I do not wish any perfectional stage by performing the ritualistic religious ceremonies or by economic development or by sense gratification or liberation"
- In Padyavali a devotee says, "Who (Krsna) is dressed in yellow garments and who has beautiful lotus-like eyes. We wish only to meditate upon Him"
- In the sixteenth verse of the Caitanya-caritamrta he describes Radharani and Krsna as seated beneath a wish-fulfilling tree in Vrndavana, on a throne decorated with valuable jewels
- It is essential to practice the system of brahmacarya if one wishes to beget a male child when one is married
- Jagadananda pandita says, "If you wish to associate with Caitanya Mahaprabhu, you must always remember the incident of Chota Haridasa and how he was rejected by the Lord"
- Just as we wish to use our senses for sense gratification, the senses also require strength from the body in reciprocation
- Just consider what I have said to you, which will act as medicinal treatment upon disease. Control your anger, for anger is the foremost enemy on the path of spiritual realization. I wish all good fortune for you. Please follow my instructions
- Later I shall tell about this in elaborate detail, but at present I wish to describe Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's South Indian tour
- Lord Brahma said: The Lord, who is supreme and is the oldest of all, is unlimitedly merciful. I wish that He may smilingly bestow His benediction upon me by opening His lotus eyes
- Lord Krsna answered the question of Maharaja Yudhisthira as follows, "If I especially favor a devotee and especially wish to care for him, the first thing I do is take away his riches"
- Lord Krsna said, "He (who even wishes to possess property of Brahmana) will be defeated by his enemies, and after being bereft of his royal position, when he gives up his body he will become a serpent, giving trouble to all other living entities"
- Lord Krsna said, "If someone even wishes to possess such property (of Brahmana), let alone attempts to take it away by force, the duration of his life will be reduced"
- Maharaja Pariksit said, "I therefore wish to hear about other pastimes of His which you (Sukadeva Gosvami) may not have described as yet"
- Mucukunda continued, "I do not wish to enjoy this material world, nor do I wish to take advantage of merging into Your spiritual effulgence"
- Mucukunda continued, "Nor do I wish to meditate upon Your localized aspect of Paramatma, for I know that simply by taking shelter of You, I shall become completely peaceful and undisturbed"
- My (Laksmi's) dear Lord, You (Kamadeva) are certainly the fully independent master of all the senses. Therefore all women who worship You by strictly observing vows because they wish to acquire a husband to satisfy their senses are surely under illusion
- My Lord, You are always affectionate to Your devotees. I am just an imitation devotee, but nevertheless I wish that You fulfill my desire. That is my expectation
- Nakula said, "A person who cannot tolerate the worship of Krsna is my enemy and is possessed of a demonic nature. Therefore I wish to strike my left foot upon his broad head, just to punish him more strongly than the wand of Yamaraja!"
- Narada-pancaratra states, "I simply pray that You grant me the favor of keeping me under Your lotus feet. I do not wish any kind of liberation such as salokya, to reside on Your planet, or sarupya, to have the same bodily features as You"
- No one can estimate the opulence of Krsna. That is unlimited. However, just as one sees the moon through the branches of a tree, I wish to give a little indication
- Nor can he (a husband) protect their (women who worship You (Kamadeva) by strictly observing vows because they wish to acquire a husband to satisfy their senses) wealth or duration of life
- O Arjuna, whatever you wish to see, behold at once in this body of Mine! This universal form can show you whatever you now desire to see and whatever you may want to see in the future
- O bull (the personality of religion) you are offenseless and thoroughly honest; therefore I (King Pariksit) wish all good to you. Please tell me of the perpetrator of these mutilations, which blackmail the reputation of the sons of Prtha
- O killer of Kesi, we are souls one hundred percent surrendered unto Your lotus feet, and we wish only to please You with our ceremonies
- One may argue that the devotees have desires, for they wish to go home, back to Godhead, but such a desire does not agitate the mind. Although he wishes to go back to Godhead, a devotee is satisfied in any condition of life
- Only those who go through life being kicked about by fate, slaving hard to fill their bellies and maintain a roof overhead, can harbor so preposterous a wish as to compete with the omnipotent Supreme Controller. It is ludicrous
- Paramananda Puri replied, "I also wish to stay with You. Therefore I have come from Bengal, Gauda, to Jagannatha Puri"
- Parvata Muni tells Narada, "My dear Narada, of all saintly persons you are so great and glorious that simply by your good wishes a lowborn hunter also has become a great, elevated devotee of Lord Krsna"
- Pitrloka is also located in this region between the Garbhodaka Ocean and the lower planetary systems. All the residents of Pitrloka, headed by Agnisvatta, meditate in great samadhi on the Supreme Personality of Godhead and always wish their families well
- Please give Sri Brahma Gopal Dutta and his family free accommodation in a private room in our guest house whenever he comes as well as Prasadam. If he wishes to stay beyond three (3) days, he will pay the normal guest rates. Mr. Dutta is from Katwa
- Please kindly come to see me here. I can provide all accommodations for you and your good wife, Uma and any others you wish to bring
- Puranjana admits that he is attracted by avidya. Now he wishes to see the complete feature of avidya and so requests the girl to raise her head so that he can see her face to face. He thus wishes to see the various features that make avidya attractive
- Rohini said, "My dear Queen, we wish to remain as such life after life, without any other desire"
- Rukmini continued, 'By these activities, perhaps I have pleased the S P of God, Narayana. If this be so, I wish that You, Krsna, the brother of Balarama, please come here, catch hold of my hand so that I shall not be touched by Sisupala & his company'"
- Rukmini, the principal queen of Lord Krsna, was the daughter of the King of Vidarbha, who wished that his qualified and beautiful daughter be given away to Lord Krsna
- Rupa said, "I simply wish and hope that some way or other I may be able to approach Your lotus feet, and this hope is giving me pain, because I think myself quite incompetant to approach that transcendental goal of life"
- Sacimata said, "I wish Nimai would eat all the nice vegetables I cook. That is my desire"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya met with all the devotees and described the King's wishes. Then he presented the letter to all of them for inspection
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya replied, "His Holiness Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu will return very soon. I wish to have a nice place ready for Him, a place solitary and peaceful"
- Since I have already described this incident very elaborately in the Seventh Chapter of the Adi-lila, I do not wish to increase the size of this book by giving another description
- So far as the lady psychiatrist making tests with our children, you should know that our children are fireproof and waterproof due to Krishna Consciousness so there is no harm for them. Let them test if they wish, we shall come out successful
- So far my injuries are concerned, by the grace of Krishna and good wishes of friends and relatives it is already completely cured. Thank you very much for your kind inquiries
- Sometimes they say about me "74 years young holy man'', and sometimes they say "jet-age parivrajakacarya.'' They also very kindly have written that I have done magic to the foreigners. So I thank you all for your good wishes
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "When the Supreme Personality of Godhead wished to become many, He glanced over the material energy"
- Sridhara Swami said in his verse, "As far as I am concerned, I wish to be liberated simply by chanting the holy names of the all-beautiful Supreme Personality of Godhead - Madhava, Vamana, Trinayana, Sankarsana, Sripati and Govinda"
- Sridhara Swami said in his verse, "My dear Lord, I wish that my mind may also be fixed somehow or other on Your lotus feet, at least for some time"
- Srila Rupa Gosvami does not wish to enter into details here, but he wants to place before us only the principles
- Such people (the miscreants) never surrender to Krsna, and they oppose the endeavor of those who wish to take Krsna's shelter. When such atheists become leaders of society, the entire atmosphere is surcharged with nescience
- Sudama thought, "I do not want any opulence. I only desire not to forget His service. I simply wish to be associated with His (Krsna) pure devotees. May my mind and activities be always engaged in His service"
- Svarupa Damodara Gosani said, "Please hear us, Haridasa, for we all wish you well. Please believe this"
- The anklets on the damsels of Vraja-bhumi are made of cintamani stone. The trees are wish-fulfilling trees, and they produce flowers with which the gopis decorate themselves
- The Bhagavad-gita recommends that one adopt the means of devotional service, or anti-material activities, if one wishes to enter the anti-material world
- The Brahmana prayed, "As far as I am concerned, I wish only to worship Maharaj Nanda because the supreme absolute Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is crawling in his courtyard as his own child"
- The charioteer of Pradyumna replied, "My dear sir, I wish a long life for you. I think that I did nothing wrong, for it is the duty of the charioteer to help the fighter in the chariot when he is in a precarious condition"
- The coils within the navel of the Lord are so deep that it appears that the entire universe sprouted out of it and yet again wishes to go back
- The cowherd boys said, "O earthly gods, kindly hear us, who are ordered by Lord Krsna and Balarama. We hope you know Them both very well, and we wish you all good fortune. Krsna and Balarama are tending cows nearby, and we have accompanied Them"
- The damsels of Vrndavana, the gopis, are super goddesses of fortune. The enjoyer in Vrndavana is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna. The trees there are all wish-fulfilling trees, and the land is made of transcendental touchstone
- The devotees said, "My dear Krsna, O friend of the Pandus, as the swan loves to dive into the water amongst the lily flowers and would die if he were taken from the water, so we only wish to be with You"
- The dishwashing occupation is open to anyone who wishes to help. There is no restriction. Also, non-initiates may help in cooking prasadam under the direction of devotees. That is all right
- The florist continued, "My Lord, I am praying that You please tell me whatever You wish me to do, because I am Your eternal servant. If You would order me to do something, it would be a great favor to me'
- The gopis said, "Your feet are worshiped and meditated upon by great mystic yogis and highly learned philosophers. We wish that these lotus feet may also be awakened within our hearts, although we are only ordinary persons engaged in household affairs"
- The impersonalists wish to merge into the Supreme Brahman; however, merging into the Supreme Brahman also requires a touch of devotional service
- The influence of kala indicates the inexplicable wish of the Lord Himself. There is nothing to be lamented when a matter is beyond the control of any human being
- The living being grows little by little within the womb, is born, then continues growing, becomes a child, boy, youth, adult, old man, then finally dwindles and meets death, despite all the good wishes and hopeful pipe dreams of fiction writers
- The living entity can be liberated from the material condition at any moment, provided that he wishes to do so. The material environment is called maya
- The Lord says, "In other words, I wish to help him become more and more advanced in spiritual life. Such a person is to be understood as having already achieved sarsti"
- The one Supreme Being, Krsna, maintains everyone. Our so-called source of income is our own choice only. If I wish to be a hunter, it will appear that hunting is the source of my maintenance
- The Queen had a very valuable pearl, which she wore on her nose, and she wished to give it to Gopala. She then began to think as follows
- The sense of enjoyment in the Lord is real, but such a sense in the living being is a sort of wishful desire only
- The spiritual master must be satisfied in all respects, because simply by his good wishes a candidate can make wonderful progress along the path
- The Srimad-Bhagavatam is the essence of all Vedic literatures, and it is considered the ripened fruit of the wish-fulfilling tree of Vedic knowledge. It has been sweetened by emanating from the mouth of Sukadeva Gosvami
- The trees in Vrndavana are wish-fulfilling trees. The land is made of touchstone, and the water is nectar. Words are musical vibrations, and all movements are dancing
- There (under the wish-fulfilling tree) Krsna's dear gopi friends serve Radha and Krsna by singing, dancing, offering betel nuts and refreshments, and decorating Their Lordships with flowers
- There are also wish-fulfilling cows (kama-dhenus), which deliver unlimited quantities of milk. These cows constitute the wealth of Vrndavana. Thus Vrndavana's opulence is blissfully exhibited
- There are other devotees who do not wish direct contact with the Supreme Person, but who relish the conjugal love affairs of the Lord with the gopis
- There are people who say, "I know everything about Krsna." Let them think that way. As far as I am concerned, I do not wish to speak very much about this matter
- There is a statement by Yamunacarya to this effect: "Since I have begun to enjoy these transcendental exchanges of love, which are always newer and newer, whenever I remember the pleasure of past sex life, my lips curl and I wish to spit on the idea"
- There is a well-known verse spoken by Hanuman in which he says, "My dear Lord, if You like You can give me salvation from this material existence, or the privilege of merging into Your existence, but I do not wish any of these things"
- There the devotee serves the lotus feet of the Lord, which are compared to a wish-fulfilling tree. With great bliss he tastes the juice of the fruit of love and becomes eternally happy
- They (the demigods) are always afraid of fighting with us (the counselors of Kamsa), and even if they wish to check our activities, they will not dare to do so. Because of your (Kamsa) immeasurable strength, they fear your bow
- They (women who worship You (Kamadeva) by strictly observing vows because they wish to acquire a husband to satisfy their senses) do not know that such a husband cannot actually give protection to them or their children
- They will spend lots of money for a skyscraper building to get income, and temple is called nonproductive building. You see? They do not wish to engage their money in nonproductive thing because they have become economic
- This book distribution, that was my Guru Maharaja's purpose. He said that I have got so many temples and now in Calcutta I have got a marble temple, but I would have wished that if by selling the marbles I could publish and distribute books
- Those who wish to merge into the impersonal Brahman are also divided into three categories - those desiring to be liberated, those already liberated and those who have realized Brahman
- To be obedient to the wishes of the Supreme Lord is the natural position of every living entity. But due only to past misdeeds, a living being becomes averse to the sense of subordination to the Lord and suffers all the miseries of material existence
- To describe the unlimited pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is not possible, but I now wish to relate the chief incidents and give a synopsis of those pastimes occurring at the end
- To give a sick man something forbidden for him to eat is not mercy. Rather, it is cruelty. Unless we know what mercy really is, we may create an undesirable situation. If we wish to show real mercy, we will preach Krsna consciousness
- Uddhava appreciated the exalted position of the gopis and wished to fall down and take the dust of their feet on his head. Yet he dared not ask the gopis to offer the dust from their feet; perhaps they would not be agreeable
- Uddhava continued, "I wish to take birth as one of the plants or creepers in Vrndavana, who are so fortunate that the gopis trample them"
- Vasudeva Datta told Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "My dear Lord, You incarnate just to deliver all conditioned souls. I now have one petition, which I wish You would accept"
- Visnu said: At that time also I appeared before you in this form just to fulfill your desire, and I asked you to ask whatever you desired. At that time you wished to have Me born as your son
- Vrtrasura addresses the Lord, "I do not aspire to this. Nor do I wish the mystic perfections of yoga practice, nor do I aspire to spiritual emancipation. All I wish for, my Lord, is Your association and transcendental service eternally"
- When a person is elevated to this state of endurance, he thinks as follows: "I do not wish to be a highly posted government servant. I shall be satisfied even if I have to eat food collected by begging"
- When one wishes to render service to the Lord with strong attachment, one worships Govinda on the platform of transcendental service
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returns, I wish to see Him just once in order to make my eyes perfect
- When the rsi (Durvasa Muni) wanted to award some benediction to Duryodhana, the latter wished that he should visit the house of Maharaja Yudhisthira, who was the eldest and chief among all his cousins
- When we wish to develop our innate capacity for devotional service, there are certain processes which, by our accepting and executing them, will cause that dormant capacity to be invoked. Such practice is called sadhana-bhakti
- Why does Providence continue the life of one who does not wish to live? This thought aroused anger and lamentation in Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who then recited a verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam that chastises Providence and makes an accusation against Krsna
- Yayati fell in love with Devayani, the most beloved daughter of Sukracarya. Devayani wished to marry him, but at first he refused to accept her because of her being a daughter of a brahmana
- You are naturally respectable. Besides, You are a sannyasi; thus I wish to become Your personal servant
- You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and therefore You have inconceivable energies. I wish to hear from You briefly about the Brahma-sutra
- Yudhisthira said "By performing Rajasuya-Yajna, I wish to satisfy all the demigods, who are Your empowered representatives within this material world & I wish that You will kindly help me in this great venture so that it may be successfully executed"
- Yudhisthira said, "Foolish persons with a poor fund of knowledge consider Your (Krsna's) Lordship an ordinary human being. Sometimes they try to find fault in You, and sometimes they defame You. Therefore I wish to perform this Rajasuya-yajna"
- Yudhisthira said, "I wish to show the world that one can attain the highest perfection of life simply by taking shelter at Your lotus feet, exactly as one can satisfy the branches, twigs, leaves and flowers of an entire tree simply by watering the root"