wish | wisher | wished | wishers | wishes | wishful | wishfully | wishing | wishy
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 21 subcategories, out of 21 total.
- ► Caitanya's Wishes (20 P)
- ► God's Wishes (15 P)
- ► Krsna's Wishes (2 C, 33 P)
- ► Our Wishes (Disciples of SP) (20 P)
- ► Radharani's Wishes (2 P)
Pages in category "Wish"
The following 201 pages are in this category, out of 201 total.
- A devotee female said, "I have been so attracted by Your beauty that I wish that You accept me as Your conjugal lover"
- A devotee said, "Since seeing Him I cannot remain silently at home. I wish to go out to Him always"
- A devotee who is attached to a particular form of the Lord does not wish to change his devotion to other forms
- A devotee who wishes to advance in Krsna consciousness must have knowledge of Krsna's personal form, His three principal energies, His pastimes and the relationship of the living entities with Him
- A karmi must be envious because he wishes to enjoy material pleasures to their fullest extent. That is the material disease
- According to the parampara system, I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) wish to take the dust from the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Nityananda Prabhu, Advaita Prabhu, and all the associates of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Actually, pure happiness cannot be had within this material world. If we wish to enjoy something, we must suffer for something else
- After describing the Lord's distribution of the fruit of love of Godhead, I now wish to describe the different branches of the tree of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Although one may complain that no kalpa-vrksa, wish-fulfilling trees, exist there, when the Gosvamis were there, kalpa-vrksa were present. It is not that one can simply go to such a tree and make demands; one must first become a devotee
- Ananda means blissfulness. That is our nature. Therefore we want to live. We do not wish to die. We do not wish... Nobody wishes to die, but we are forced to die. That is our punishment
- Anyone who wishes to get out of this prison house of material existence, which is full of miseries like repetition of birth, death, disease and old age, must please Lord Visnu for such liberation
- Anyone who, disregarding the pure Ganges, wishes to be purified instead by the filthy water flowing in a drain, cannot be successful. Similarly, one can successfully attain pure knowledge of the Absolute only by hearing from the pure Absolute Himself
- Arjuna could understand that his affection for family members and his wish to protect them from death were the causes of his perplexities
- Arjuna said, O mighty-armed one, I wish to understand the purpose of renunciation (tyaga) and of the renounced order of life (sannyasa), O killer of the Kesi demon, Hrsikesa. BG 18.1 - 1972
- Arjuna was taught all this (control arrows by sound only), and therefore Draupadi wished that Arjuna feel obliged to Acarya Drona for all these benefits. And in the absence of Dronacarya, his son was his representative. That was the opinion of Draupadi
- As a devotee of the Lord, he (Bhismadeva) knew that the Lord's devotee cannot be vanquished at any time. Maharaja Yudhisthira was quite aware of all these good wishes of Bhismadeva, and therefore he must have been feeling the great separation
- As a serpent living within the cavity of a tree wishes to leave when there is a forest fire, so the city's police superintendent, the snake, wished to leave the city due to the fire's severe heat
- As the father becomes unhappy when one of his children wishes to break family connections I also become unhappy when there is difficulties within our ISKCON family. So please do not consider leaving as you are spiritual children of mine
- At a particular moment when the child has to be removed from that place, he is also carried by the will of the Supreme, even if the child or the father does not wish to be separated from the happy relation
- At the same time Narada was wishing that the child within the womb could also take advantage of the instructions
- Before the initiation, he (the boy) became more and more advanced in discipline, which is very essential for one who wishes to make progress in the line
- Being questioned, Lord Brahma immediately replied, Later I shall tell You why I have come. First of all there is a doubt in my mind which I wish You would kindly dissipate
- Bhu-mandala is divided into seven islands because of these seven oceans. You have given a very general description of their measurement, names and characteristics. Now I wish to know of them in detail. Kindly fulfill my desire
- Brahma requested, however, that since the demon was more wicked and undesirable than a serpent, there was no need to play with him. It was his wish that he be killed at once, without delay
- Brahma said, "I wish to be one of them instead of such an exalted person as I am now, for I am full of ignorance. The gopis and cows of Vrndavana are so fortunate that they have been able to supply their breast milk to You"
- By killing this demon, O Lord, You have taken back all this stolen property from his abdomen by piercing it with Your nails. We therefore wish to offer our respectful obeisances unto You
- Diti thought: Indra considers his body eternal, and thus he has become unrestrained. I therefore wish to have a son who can remove Indra's madness. Let me adopt some means to help me in this
- Draupadi was expert in this affair because she kept five husbands, the Pandavas, and all were very much pleased with her. On receipt of Draupadi's instructions, she (Satyabhama) was very much pleased and offered her good wishes and returned to Dvaraka
- Each and every living entity needs to engage in devotional service to the Lord if he wishes to understand the ultimate cause of his existence
- Every male is bound by sex, and therefore one who wishes to gain liberation from the material clutches must first learn to control the sex urge
- Everyone will be pleased with him because the Personality of Godhead, the supreme controller of the universe, is always satisfied with a devotee who does not wish for anything beyond Him
- Everything the Lord did in Vrndavana was for the pleasure of His associates there. The Lord created these pastimes to attract the dry speculators and the acrobats of the so-called hatha-yoga system who wish to find the Absolute Truth
- Finding it impossible, and not wishing to take an active part on behalf of either party, He (Balarama) left Dvaraka on the plea of visiting various holy places of pilgrimage
- For instance, when one businessman wishes to contact another businessman he arranges a feast in a hotel, and over the feast openly expresses what he wishes to do
- For the pure devotee of the Lord there is nothing beyond the lotus feet of the Lord, and the Lord knows that such devotees do not wish anything more than that. The word tu specifically establishes this fact
- For those saintly persons who wish to rise to the platform of yogic perfection, the means consists of practicing the yoga system by strictly following its regulative principles and practicing the yoga postures and breathing exercises
- He (a devotee) also wishes that the Personality of Godhead will be pleased to give him directions as to how to fan
- He (Pariksit) wished to accept the incarnation of the Lord by symptoms mentioned in the Vedic literatures and confirmed by an acarya like Sukadeva Gosvami
- He directly blasphemed Your Lordship, the spiritual master of all living beings, and committed heavily sinful activities directed against me, Your devotee. I wish that he be excused for these sinful activities
- He's always disturbed, but still, he does not wish to go back to Godhead. Therefore there is a constant endeavor on the part of God to reclaim these conditioned souls
- However, this will not harm my attempt. These pastimes of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu will certainly please all saintly people who have clear hearts. They will certainly enjoy it. We wish that this will enhance their enjoyment more and more
- I (Laksmidevi) wish that You (Lord Kamadeva) may also place Your hand on My head, for although You already bear my insignia of golden streaks on Your chest, I regard this honor as merely a kind of false prestige for me
- I am prepared to cooperate with the Gaudiya Mission in all respects, but I do not know under what condition you wish to cooperate with me
- I belong to the Rajaputa caste, and my home is just on the other side of the river Yamuna. But I wish to be the servant of a Vaisnava
- I do not wish the servants of Lord Jagannatha to touch me. I would remain there in the garden alone. That is my desire
- I do not wish to accept a material body, for such a body is the source of all distress, lamentation and fear, everywhere in the universe, just as it is for a fish in the water, which lives always in anxiety because of fear of death
- I do not wish to be liberated alone, leaving aside all these poor fools & rascals. I know that without Krsna consciousness, without taking shelter of Your lotus feet, one cannot be happy. Therefore I wish to bring them back to shelter at Your lotus feet
- I have already described all these incidents, but I still wish to add briefly something more
- I have explained to you the most confidential of all knowledge. Deliberate on this fully, and then do what you wish to do. BG 18.63 - 1972
- I have only this body, and therefore I surrender it unto you. Now, if you wish, you may sell it anywhere you like. It is your property
- I may not be liberated birth after birth, it doesn't matter. But I wish that, I wish to live with the devotees
- I offer my respectful obeisances to all the residents of Vrndavana. I wish to place their lotus feet on my head in great humbleness
- I was searching after a piece of glass, but instead I have found a most valuable jewel. Therefore I am so satisfied that I do not wish to ask any benediction from You
- I wish that all those calamities would happen again and again so that we could see You again and again, for seeing You means that we will no longer see repeated births and deaths
- I wish that my kingdom, strength and riches burn up immediately by the fire of the brahmana's wrath so that in the future I may not be guided by such inauspicious attitudes
- I wish that You not show me this closing chapter of Your pastimes. Before that time comes, kindly let my body fall down in Your presence
- I wish the grace of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, by whose mercy even one who is fallen can describe the pastimes of the Lord
- I wish to catch Your lotuslike feet upon my heart and see Your moonlike face
- I wish to hear topics concerning Lord Krsna constantly. Be merciful unto me and kindly tell me something about Krsna
- I wish to invite all the demigods, beginning from Brahma, Siva & other exalted chiefs of the heavenly planets & in that great assembly of demigods from all parts of the universe, I want to substantiate that You are the SPG & that everyone is Your servant
- I wish to place the lotus feet of the Gosvamis on my head. Their names are Sri Svarupa Damodara, Sri Rupa Gosvami, Sri Sanatana Gosvami, Sri Raghunatha dasa Gosvami and Sri Jiva Gosvami
- I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, the first progenitor, who is tending the cows fulfilling all desires in abodes filled with spiritual gems and surrounded by millions of wish-fulfilling trees
- If a person possessing millions of wish-fulfilling cows loses one she-goat, he does not consider the loss. Krsna owns all six opulences in full. If the entire material energy is destroyed, what does He lose
- If I wish to be a hunter, it will appear that hunting is the source of my maintenance. If I become a brahmana and completely depend on Krsna, I do not conduct a business, but nonetheless my maintenance is supplied by Krsna
- If one wishes to enjoy something in the future, he has to endure trouble in the present. If one wants to become a millionaire in the future and enjoy his riches, he has to work very hard at the present moment in order to accumulate money
- If one wishes to enjoy the senses more than required, he becomes attached to family life, which means bondage. All the Pracetas admitted their fault in remaining in household life
- If our family has given charity to the proper persons, if we have performed ritualistic ceremonies and sacrifices I wish, in exchange, that this brahmana be freed from the burning caused by the Sudarsana cakra
- If the S P of God, who is one without a second, who is the reservoir of all transcendental qualities, and who is the life & soul of all living entities, is pleased with us, we wish that this brahmana, Durvasa Muni, be freed from the pain of being burned
- If we have properly carried out our occupational duties, and if we have been guided by learned brahmanas, I wish, in exchange, that this brahmana be freed from the burning caused by the Sudarsana cakra
- If we wish to become fully Krsna conscious, we have to give up the shackles of maya. Or, if we remain with maya, we should live in such a way that we will not be subject to illusion, as did the many householders among Lord Caitanya's closest devotees
- If we wish to get rid of all sorts of illusion and anxiety and create unity out of all diverse interests, we must bring God into all our activities
- If we wish to remain on this wretched planet with our planning commissions and our stopgap political adjustments, we can certainly do that also
- If we wish to show real mercy, we will preach Krsna consciousness in order to revive the lost consciousness of human beings, the living entity's original consciousness
- In a similar passage in Narada-pancaratra it is stated, "My dear Lord, I do not wish any perfectional stage by performing the ritualistic religious ceremonies or by economic development or by sense gratification or liberation"
- In Padyavali a devotee says, "Who (Krsna) is dressed in yellow garments and who has beautiful lotus-like eyes. We wish only to meditate upon Him"
- In the sixteenth verse of the Caitanya-caritamrta he describes Radharani and Krsna as seated beneath a wish-fulfilling tree in Vrndavana, on a throne decorated with valuable jewels
- In this connection I wish to narrate an old history connected with the character of a king called Puranjana. Please try to hear me with great attention
- It is essential to practice the system of brahmacarya if one wishes to beget a male child when one is married
- Jagadananda pandita says, "If you wish to associate with Caitanya Mahaprabhu, you must always remember the incident of Chota Haridasa and how he was rejected by the Lord"
- Just as we wish to use our senses for sense gratification, the senses also require strength from the body in reciprocation
- Just consider what I have said to you, which will act as medicinal treatment upon disease. Control your anger, for anger is the foremost enemy on the path of spiritual realization. I wish all good fortune for you. Please follow my instructions
- King Pariksit inquired: O great personality, Maharaja Ambarisa was certainly most exalted and meritorious in character. I wish to hear about him. How surprising it is that the curse of a brahmana, which is insurmountable, could not act upon him
- King Pariksit said: My lord, Badarayani, we wish to hear from you in detail how the King of the elephants, when attacked by a crocodile, was delivered by Hari
- King Pariksit said: O Sukadeva Gosvami, why did Vasistha, the spiritual master of Saudasa, curse that great soul? I wish to know of this. If it is not a confidential matter, please describe it to me
- Later I shall tell about this in elaborate detail, but at present I wish to describe Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's South Indian tour
- Let me please Your Lordship by chanting the bija-mantra omkara. I wish to offer my respectful obeisances unto the Personality of Godhead, who is the best among the most highly elevated personalities
- Let me see those who have come here to fight, wishing to please the evil-minded son of Dhrtarastra. BG 1.23 - 1972
- Lord Brahma said: The Lord, who is supreme and is the oldest of all, is unlimitedly merciful. I wish that He may smilingly bestow His benediction upon me by opening His lotus eyes
- Lord Krsna said, "If someone even wishes to possess such property (of Brahmana), let alone attempts to take it away by force, the duration of his life will be reduced"
- Lord Nrsimha appeared from within the pillar not by the order of the atheist king but by the wish of His devotee Prahlada. An atheist cannot order the Lord to appear, but the Lord will appear anywhere and everywhere to show mercy to His devotee
- Lord Siva addressed the SPG with the following prayer: O Supreme Personality of Godhead, all glories unto You. You are the most exalted of all self-realized souls. Since You're always auspicious for the self-realized, I wish that You be auspicious for me
- Lord Siva said: You are all the sons of King Pracinabarhi, and I wish all good fortune to you. I also know what you are going to do, and therefore I am visible to you just to show my mercy upon you
- Maharaja Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva Gosvami: O great sage, what was the reason for Indra's unhappiness? I wish to hear about this. When he killed Vrtrasura, all the demigods were extremely happy. Why, then, was Indra himself unhappy?
- Maharaja Pariksit made an organized effort to propagate the chanting of the Lord's holy name, and thus he saved the citizens from the clutches of Kali. It is for this advantage only that great sages sometimes wish all good for the age of Kali
- Maharaja Pariksit said, "I therefore wish to hear about other pastimes of His which you (Sukadeva Gosvami) may not have described as yet"
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said: My dear lord, I wish to hear from you about the principles of religion by which one can attain the ultimate goal of life - devotional service. I wish to hear about the general occupational duties of human society
- Mucukunda continued, "I do not wish to enjoy this material world, nor do I wish to take advantage of merging into Your spiritual effulgence"
- Mucukunda continued, "Nor do I wish to meditate upon Your localized aspect of Paramatma, for I know that simply by taking shelter of You, I shall become completely peaceful and undisturbed"
- My attachment to my body, wife, children and home is continuing by the spell of Your external energy, but I wish to be attached to them no longer. Let my mind, my consciousness and everything I have be attached only to You
- My Lord, You are always affectionate to Your devotees. I am just an imitation devotee, but nevertheless I wish that You fulfill my desire. That is my expectation
- Narada-pancaratra states, "I simply pray that You grant me the favor of keeping me under Your lotus feet. I do not wish any kind of liberation such as salokya, to reside on Your planet, or sarupya, to have the same bodily features as You"
- Neither all the demigods, nor the so-called gurus nor all other people, either independently or together, can offer mercy that equals even one ten-thousandth of Yours. Therefore I wish to take shelter of Your lotus feet
- No one can estimate the opulence of Krsna. That is unlimited. However, just as one sees the moon through the branches of a tree, I wish to give a little indication
- Nor can he (a husband) protect their (women who worship You (Kamadeva) by strictly observing vows because they wish to acquire a husband to satisfy their senses) wealth or duration of life
- Now I wish to engage in the service of the lotus feet of the SPG and to serve just like the goddess of fortune, who carries a lotus flower in her hand, because His Lordship, the SPG, is the reservoir of all transcendental qualities
- Now I wish to know about it elaborately. I also wish to know about the potency of the Supreme Personality of Godhead by which He brought about the secondary creation
- O Arjuna, whatever you wish to see, behold at once in this body of Mine! This universal form can show you whatever you now desire to see and whatever you may want to see in the future
- O best of the brahmanas, you should therefore go immediately to King Ambarisa, the son of Maharaja Nabhaga. I wish you all good fortune. If you can satisfy Maharaja Ambarisa, then there will be peace for you
- O best of the saints among the demigods, O best of spiritual leaders, how did Hiranyakasipu give so much trouble to Prahlada Maharaja, the pure and exalted saint, although Prahlada was his own son? I wish to know about this subject from you
- O bull (the personality of religion) you are offenseless and thoroughly honest; therefore I (King Pariksit) wish all good to you. Please tell me of the perpetrator of these mutilations, which blackmail the reputation of the sons of Prtha
- O greatly fortunate ones, you should not kill these poor trees by burning them to ashes. Your duty is to wish the citizens (prajas) all prosperity and to act as their protectors
- O killer of Kesi, we are souls one hundred percent surrendered unto Your lotus feet, and we wish only to please You with our ceremonies
- O killer of the enemy, you have somehow or other come here. This is certainly great fortune for me. I wish all auspicious things for you. You have a great desire to satisfy your senses
- O King, I do not wish to go down to the planet earth, for there the people in general will bathe in my water to cleanse themselves of the reactions of their sinful deeds
- O King, we wish all good fortune for you. You have no son, but if you pray at once to the SL and ask for a son, and if you execute the sacrifice for that purpose, the enjoyer of the sacrifice, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, will fulfill your desire
- O Lord, whatever punishment You wish to award to these two innocent persons or also to us we shall accept without duplicity. We understand that we have cursed two faultless persons
- O small boy, one who approaches me to beg something should not have to ask anything more, anywhere. Therefore, if You wish, You may ask from me as much land as will suffice to maintain You according to Your needs
- O Supreme Personality of Godhead, we are surrendered unto You, yet we wish to see You. Please make Your original form and smiling lotus face visible to our eyes and appreciable to our other senses
- Once engaged in the supreme governmental service of the Lord, no living being wishes to be relieved from the engagement
- One may argue that the devotees have desires, for they wish to go home, back to Godhead, but such a desire does not agitate the mind. Although he wishes to go back to Godhead, a devotee is satisfied in any condition of life
- Only those who go through life being kicked about by fate, slaving hard to fill their bellies and maintain a roof overhead, can harbor so preposterous a wish as to compete with the omnipotent Supreme Controller. It is ludicrous
- Paramananda Puri replied, "I also wish to stay with You. Therefore I have come from Bengal, Gauda, to Jagannatha Puri"
- Parvata Muni tells Narada, "My dear Narada, of all saintly persons you are so great and glorious that simply by your good wishes a lowborn hunter also has become a great, elevated devotee of Lord Krsna"
- Pitrloka is also located in this region between the Garbhodaka Ocean and the lower planetary systems. All the residents of Pitrloka, headed by Agnisvatta, meditate in great samadhi on the Supreme Personality of Godhead and always wish their families well
- Please give Sri Brahma Gopal Dutta and his family free accommodation in a private room in our guest house whenever he comes as well as Prasadam. If he wishes to stay beyond three (3) days, he will pay the normal guest rates. Mr. Dutta is from Katwa
- Please kindly come to see me here. I can provide all accommodations for you and your good wife, Uma and any others you wish to bring
- Puranjana admits that he is attracted by avidya. Now he wishes to see the complete feature of avidya and so requests the girl to raise her head so that he can see her face to face. He thus wishes to see the various features that make avidya attractive
- Renouncing this family life, I wish to wander about, free from lamentation, thinking always of You in my heart
- Rohini said, "My dear Queen, we wish to remain as such life after life, without any other desire"
- Rukmini, the principal queen of Lord Krsna, was the daughter of the King of Vidarbha, who wished that his qualified and beautiful daughter be given away to Lord Krsna
- Rupa said, "I simply wish and hope that some way or other I may be able to approach Your lotus feet, and this hope is giving me pain, because I think myself quite incompetant to approach that transcendental goal of life"
- Sacimata said, "I wish Nimai would eat all the nice vegetables I cook. That is my desire"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya met with all the devotees and described the King's wishes. Then he presented the letter to all of them for inspection
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya replied, "His Holiness Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu will return very soon. I wish to have a nice place ready for Him, a place solitary and peaceful"
- Seated in their airplanes in the sky, the inhabitants of the higher planetary systems beat many kettledrums. The demigods, saints, Pitas, Siddhas and various great personalities showered flowers on the head of Lord Siva, wishing him all victory
- Since I have already described this incident very elaborately in the Seventh Chapter of the Adi-lila, I do not wish to increase the size of this book by giving another description
- So far as the lady psychiatrist making tests with our children, you should know that our children are fireproof and waterproof due to Krishna Consciousness so there is no harm for them. Let them test if they wish, we shall come out successful
- So far my injuries are concerned, by the grace of Krishna and good wishes of friends and relatives it is already completely cured. Thank you very much for your kind inquiries
- Sometimes they say about me "74 years young holy man'', and sometimes they say "jet-age parivrajakacarya.'' They also very kindly have written that I have done magic to the foreigners. So I thank you all for your good wishes
- Sridhara Swami said in his verse, "As far as I am concerned, I wish to be liberated simply by chanting the holy names of the all-beautiful Supreme Personality of Godhead - Madhava, Vamana, Trinayana, Sankarsana, Sripati and Govinda"
- Sridhara Swami said in his verse, "My dear Lord, I wish that my mind may also be fixed somehow or other on Your lotus feet, at least for some time"
- Srila Rupa Gosvami does not wish to enter into details here, but he wants to place before us only the principles
- Such people (the miscreants) never surrender to Krsna, and they oppose the endeavor of those who wish to take Krsna's shelter. When such atheists become leaders of society, the entire atmosphere is surcharged with nescience
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued to speak: Maharaja Nabhi, the son of Agnidhra, wished to have sons, and therefore he attentively began to offer prayers and worship the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Visnu, the master and enjoyer of all sacrifices
- Svarupa Damodara Gosani said, "Please hear us, Haridasa, for we all wish you well. Please believe this"
- The anklets on the damsels of Vraja-bhumi are made of cintamani stone. The trees are wish-fulfilling trees, and they produce flowers with which the gopis decorate themselves
- The Bhagavad-gita recommends that one adopt the means of devotional service, or anti-material activities, if one wishes to enter the anti-material world
- The charioteer of Pradyumna replied, "My dear sir, I wish a long life for you. I think that I did nothing wrong, for it is the duty of the charioteer to help the fighter in the chariot when he is in a precarious condition"
- The coils within the navel of the Lord are so deep that it appears that the entire universe sprouted out of it and yet again wishes to go back
- The damsels of Vrndavana, the gopis, are super goddesses of fortune. The enjoyer in Vrndavana is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna. The trees there are all wish-fulfilling trees, and the land is made of transcendental touchstone
- The day after tomorrow, O brahmana, that celebrated emperor, who is expert in religious activities, will come here with his queen, Satarupa, wishing to see you
- The devotees said, "My dear Krsna, O friend of the Pandus, as the swan loves to dive into the water amongst the lily flowers and would die if he were taken from the water, so we only wish to be with You"
- The dishwashing occupation is open to anyone who wishes to help. There is no restriction. Also, non-initiates may help in cooking prasadam under the direction of devotees. That is all right
- The impersonalists wish to merge into the Supreme Brahman; however, merging into the Supreme Brahman also requires a touch of devotional service
- The King of heaven, Indradeva, was fully satisfied with him (Marutta) and always wished for his welfare because of munificent charities and performances of innumerable sacrifices
- The King said: I wish to know. Narrations concerning the Lord, who possesses wonderful potencies, are certainly auspicious for living beings in all planets
- The living being grows little by little within the womb, is born, then continues growing, becomes a child, boy, youth, adult, old man, then finally dwindles and meets death, despite all the good wishes and hopeful pipe dreams of fiction writers
- The living entity can be liberated from the material condition at any moment, provided that he wishes to do so. The material environment is called maya
- The Lord, who is supreme & is the oldest of all, is unlimitedly merciful. I wish that He may smilingly bestow His benediction upon me by opening His lotus eyes. He can uplift the entire cosmic creation & remove our dejection by kindly speaking directions
- The one Supreme Being, Krsna, maintains everyone. Our so-called source of income is our own choice only. If I wish to be a hunter, it will appear that hunting is the source of my maintenance
- The Queen had a very valuable pearl, which she wore on her nose, and she wished to give it to Gopala. She then began to think as follows
- The sense of enjoyment in the Lord is real, but such a sense in the living being is a sort of wishful desire only
- The spiritual master must be satisfied in all respects, because simply by his good wishes a candidate can make wonderful progress along the path
- The Srimad-Bhagavatam is the essence of all Vedic literatures, and it is considered the ripened fruit of the wish-fulfilling tree of Vedic knowledge. It has been sweetened by emanating from the mouth of Sukadeva Gosvami
- The Supreme Lord is beyond the creation of this material world, for He is the source of the material qualities and creation. As the cause of all causes, He exists before the creation & after the creation. I wish to offer my respectful obeisances unto Him
- The trees in Vrndavana are wish-fulfilling trees. The land is made of touchstone, and the water is nectar. Words are musical vibrations, and all movements are dancing
- There are also wish-fulfilling cows (kama-dhenus), which deliver unlimited quantities of milk. These cows constitute the wealth of Vrndavana. Thus Vrndavana's opulence is blissfully exhibited
- There are people who say, "I know everything about Krsna." Let them think that way. As far as I am concerned, I do not wish to speak very much about this matter
- There is a statement by Yamunacarya to this effect: "Since I have begun to enjoy these transcendental exchanges of love, which are always newer and newer, whenever I remember the pleasure of past sex life, my lips curl and I wish to spit on the idea"
- There is a well-known verse spoken by Hanuman in which he says, "My dear Lord, if You like You can give me salvation from this material existence, or the privilege of merging into Your existence, but I do not wish any of these things"
- There the devotee serves the lotus feet of the Lord, which are compared to a wish-fulfilling tree. With great bliss he tastes the juice of the fruit of love and becomes eternally happy
- There was a great tension between him (Vasistha) and Visvamitra, who wanted his kamadhenu, wish-fulfilling cow. Vasistha Muni refused to spare his kamadhenu, and for this Visvamitra killed his one hundred sons
- They (the demigods) are always afraid of fighting with us (the counselors of Kamsa), and even if they wish to check our activities, they will not dare to do so. Because of your (Kamsa) immeasurable strength, they fear your bow
- They (women who worship You (Kamadeva) by strictly observing vows because they wish to acquire a husband to satisfy their senses) do not know that such a husband cannot actually give protection to them or their children
- They will spend lots of money for a skyscraper building to get income, and temple is called nonproductive building. You see? They do not wish to engage their money in nonproductive thing because they have become economic
- This book distribution, that was my Guru Maharaja's purpose. He said that I have got so many temples and now in Calcutta I have got a marble temple, but I would have wished that if by selling the marbles I could publish and distribute books
- Those who wish to merge into the impersonal Brahman are also divided into three categories - those desiring to be liberated, those already liberated and those who have realized Brahman
- To describe the unlimited pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is not possible, but I now wish to relate the chief incidents and give a synopsis of those pastimes occurring at the end
- To give a sick man something forbidden for him to eat is not mercy. Rather, it is cruelty. Unless we know what mercy really is, we may create an undesirable situation. If we wish to show real mercy, we will preach Krsna consciousness
- Today I have something to ask from You, who are the Lord of all living entities. Since I have now been liberated by You from my debts to my father, and since all my desires are fulfilled, I wish to accept the order of an itinerant mendicant
- Uddhava appreciated the exalted position of the gopis and wished to fall down and take the dust of their feet on his head. Yet he dared not ask the gopis to offer the dust from their feet; perhaps they would not be agreeable
- Uddhava continued, "I wish to take birth as one of the plants or creepers in Vrndavana, who are so fortunate that the gopis trample them"
- Understanding the hearty wishes of the King, his brothers, as advised by the infallible Lord Krsna, collected sufficient riches from the North (left by King Marutta)
- Vasudeva Datta told Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "My dear Lord, You incarnate just to deliver all conditioned souls. I now have one petition, which I wish You would accept"
- Vidura requested Maitreya: My dear brahmana, you are well conversant with all subjects, both past and future. Therefore I wish to hear from you all the activities of King Vena. I am your faithful devotee, so please explain this
- Visnu said: At that time also I appeared before you in this form just to fulfill your desire, and I asked you to ask whatever you desired. At that time you wished to have Me born as your son
- We have several times been requested by so-called devotees to take up the Tenth Canto immediately, but we have refrained from such an action because we wish to present SB as the science of God and not as a sensuous understanding for the conditioned soul
- We wish to know about them from Your Lordship. If you think we are able to understand them, kindly describe who they are
- When a person is elevated to this state of endurance, he thinks as follows: "I do not wish to be a highly posted government servant. I shall be satisfied even if I have to eat food collected by begging"
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returns, I wish to see Him just once in order to make my eyes perfect
- When teachers, fathers, sons, grandfathers, maternal uncles, fathers-in-law, grandsons and all relatives are ready to give up their lives & properties and are standing before me, then why should I wish to kill them, though I may survive? BG 1.32-35 - 1972
- When the rsi (Durvasa Muni) wanted to award some benediction to Duryodhana, the latter wished that he should visit the house of Maharaja Yudhisthira, who was the eldest and chief among all his cousins
- Why does Providence continue the life of one who does not wish to live? This thought aroused anger and lamentation in Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who then recited a verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam that chastises Providence and makes an accusation against Krsna
- Yayati fell in love with Devayani, the most beloved daughter of Sukracarya. Devayani wished to marry him, but at first he refused to accept her because of her being a daughter of a brahmana
- Yet I am but a poor woman, and, as you know, I am not conversant with the truth. Therefore I wish to see my birthplace once more
- You are naturally respectable. Besides, You are a sannyasi; thus I wish to become Your personal servant
- You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and therefore You have inconceivable energies. I wish to hear from You briefly about the Brahma-sutra
- Yudhisthira said, "By performing Rajasuya-Yajna, I wish to satisfy all the demigods, who are Your empowered representatives within this material world & I wish that You will kindly help me in this great venture so that it may be successfully executed"
- Yudhisthira said, "I wish to show the world that one can attain the highest perfection of life simply by taking shelter at Your lotus feet, exactly as one can satisfy the branches, twigs, leaves and flowers of an entire tree simply by watering the root"