Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
weeds | weedlike
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Seaweed (2 P)
Pages in category "Weeds"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
- I (Narada Muni) then passed alone through many forests of rushes, bamboo, reeds, sharp grass, weeds and caves, which were very difficult to go through alone
- If one is not particularly careful, by watering the plant of devotional service one will instead nourish the weeds described above, which will then grow very luxuriantly and hamper one’s progress
- If the heart is filled with straw, grains of sand, weeds or dust (in other words, anyabhilasa-purna), one cannot enthrone the Supreme Personality of Godhead there
- It so happens that by the watering process some weeds are also grown, and unless such weeds are uprooted, the nurturing of the main creeper, or the creeper of bhakti-yoga, may be hampered
- The family planning of a godless civilization cannot check weedlike unwanted population. People should learn to check sex life by voluntary restraint
- There are also other factors which disturb the plant of devotional service. Along with this plant the weeds of material desires also grow
- There are many other weeds, like disobedience to the tenets of the revered scriptures, unnecessary engagements, killing animals, and hankering after material gain, prestige and adoration
- These weeds are material enjoyment, merging of the self in the Absolute without separate individuality, and many other desires in the field of religion, economic development, sense enjoyment and emancipation