Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
voracious | voraciously
Pages in category "Voracious"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, "Somehow or other we have fallen into the ocean of material sense enjoyment, and of all the senses the tongue is the most voracious and uncontrollable"
- Bhima is known as Vrkodara because he could eat as voraciously as he could perform herculean tasks, such as killing the demon Hidimba
- Tapasya means denying all these things, denying. Eating as much as I require to maintain my body - this is tapasya, not that voraciously eating. Tapasya means practically not eating. That is tapasya: not eating
- The members of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness must take a lesson from the life of Bharata Maharaja to be very cautious and to see that not a single moment is wasted in frivolous talk, sleep or voracious eating
- The people must eat sumptuously - not voraciously and make them fit for working and chanting. In this way, they will be purified and everything will be nicely organized
- The personified Vedas continued, "A nondevotee's long duration of life is compared to the long existence of a tree, his voracious eating capacity is compared to the eating of dogs & hogs, & his enjoyment in sex life is compared to that of hogs & goats"
- The voluntary suffering means what is our enjoyment? First of all let us see. The enjoyment is if we can eat voraciously, eating, and if we can sleep thirty hours, and if we have got sex life without any discrimination, and don't care for defense