Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"varnasrama institution" |"institution of varnasrama" |"institution of the varnasrama" |"institution of varna and asrama" |"institution called varnasrama-dharma" |"institution of four varnas" |"institution of the four" |"varna-asrama institution" |"varna institution" |"varnasrama-dharma institution" |"Varnasrama is very good institution"
Pages in category "Varnasrama Institution"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.
- According to Vedic civilization, sannyasa is one of the essential items in the program of the varna-asrama institution. One should accept sannyasa according to the parampara system of the acaryas
- Actually human civilization begins when this institution of varnasrama is accepted. Otherwise it is animal civilization - eating, sleeping, mating, and dancing, that's all
- If it does not observe the institutional functions of the four social orders (varnasrama-dharma), human society is no better than animal society in which there is never tranquillity, peace and prosperity but only chaos and confusion
- If there is no such institution as varnasrama-dharma and if human society has no such guide as the brahmana, human society will be hellish
- In the land of Bharata-varsa, the institution of varnasrama-dharma may be easily adopted
- It is not possible for the people in general to completely sever relations with their families as the varnasrama institution prescribes. The whole atmosphere is surcharged with opposition
- Sannyasi is on the top of the institution of varnasrama
- Siddhaye means to enter into the institution of daiva varna and asrama
- Srila Sukadeva Gosvami was a Vaisnava from the beginning; therefore, there was no need for him to undergo all the processes of the varnasrama institution. Ultimately the aim of varnasrama-dharma is to turn a crude man into a pure devotee
- The effect of adhering to the institution of varnasrama is gradual elevation to the spiritual platform and liberation from material bondage
- The followers of the varnasrama institution accept the regulative principles of the four social orders (brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya and sudra) and four spiritual orders (brahmacarya, grhastha, vanaprastha and sannyasa)
- The institution of varna and asrama prescribes many regulative duties to be observed by its followers. Such duties enjoin that a candidate willing to study the Vedas must approach a bona fide spiritual master and request acceptance as his disciple
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead instituted varnasrama-dharma to give human beings a chance to return home, back to Godhead
- The varnasrama institution is constructed to enable one to realize the Absolute Truth. It is not for artificial domination of one division over another
- The varnasrama institution is most scientific. It aims at giving one the facility to return home, back to Godhead, which one cannot do without completely renouncing all connections with the material world
- The varnasrama-dharma, or the institution of the four divisions and orders of social and spiritual life, is not a new invention of the modern age, as proposed by the less intelligent
- The Vedic culture means four varnas and four asramas: brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya, sudra; brahmacari, grhastha, vanaprastha and sannyasa. Unless we take to this institution of varnasrama dharma, the whole society will be in chaotic condition
- When the aim of life - self-realization - is missed by too much attachment for sense gratification, as already discussed herein before, the institution of the varnasrama is utilized by selfish men to pose an artificial predominance over the weaker section
- Whenever the government disrespects the supremacy of the Personality of Godhead and fails to protect the institution of varnasrama-dharma, it will certainly have to face such catastrophes as formerly brought about by Lord Parasurama