untouchable | untouchables
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- ► God Is Untouchable (6 P)
- ► Krsna Is Untouchable (1 C, 3 P)
Pages in category "Untouchable"
The following 56 pages are in this category, out of 56 total.
- A fully surrendered soul always remains untouched by the hand of maya. Otherwise it is not possible
- According to Vedic civilization, the animal-killers, mlecchas, they are untouchable. They are so sinful
- Although in modern society the dog is accepted as part of one's household paraphernalia, in the Vedic system of household life the dog is untouchable
- Another hint we get from this statement (of Krsna) is that the candalas, or the untouchables, are also not to be neglected by the higher classes and should be given necessary protection
- Any person who is always joyful and untouched by any distress is called happy
- Anyone, therefore, who does not believe in the form of the Lord is certainly a faithless demon and as such is untouchable, a not to be seen persona non grata fit to be punished by the Plutonic king (Yamaraja)
- Approaching the King of the Yavanas, Kalakanya addressed him as a great hero, saying: My dear sir, you are the best of the untouchables. I am in love with you, and I want you as my husband. I know that no one is baffled if he makes friends with you
- Emperor Bharata was so attracted by the beauty of the lotus feet of Krsna that even in his youthful life he gave up all kinds of attachments to family, children, friends, kingdom, etc., as though they were untouchable stools
- Even if one chants the Hare Krsna maha-mantra offensively, one can avoid offenses by continuously chanting without deviation. One who becomes accustomed to this practice will always remain in a pure transcendental position, untouchable by sinful reactions
- Haridasa Thakura said, "My dear Lord, please do not touch me, for I am most fallen and untouchable and am the lowest among men"
- Having made their plot, the Buddhists brought a plate of untouchable food before Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and called it maha-prasadam
- He (God) is often compared to the sun because in all circumstances He is suddham, most purified. The sun extracts moisture from many untouchable places on the earth, yet it remains pure
- I am unseeable and untouchable, but You have accepted me as Your servant. This means that You have delivered me from a hellish condition and raised me to the Vaikuntha platform
- I can see that You have bestowed special mercy upon Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya. Therefore You have touched me, although I am untouchable. This is due only to his love for You
- I surrender unto You because whereas I am proud of my material body and senses, Your Lordship is the cause of the cosmic manifestation and yet You are untouched by matter
- If a humble devotee thinks that "I am the lowest. I am untouchable, this way," that does (not) mean he is out of the touch of God. But this humbleness is very good
- In the Gaudiya-sampradaya there is a Vedanta commentary called the Govinda-bhasya, but the sahajiyas consider such commentaries to be untouchable philosophical speculation, and they consider the acaryas to be mixed devotees
- In the Padma Purana it is stated that King Bhagiratha was the emperor above all other kings, yet he developed such ecstatic love for Krsna that he became a mendicant and went out begging even to the homes of his political enemies and untouchables
- Indeed, the untouchable food fell upon the Buddhists, and the large bird dropped the plate on the head of the chief Buddhist teacher. When it fell on his head, it made a big sound
- Krsna also possesses five other qualities, which are manifest in the body of Narayana, and they are listed as follows: 56) He has inconceivable potency. 57) Uncountable universes generate from His body. 58) He is the original source of all incarnations
- Krsna did not think it wise to kill him (untouchable king) directly with His own hand. Still the king had to be killed, & therefore Krsna decided with fine discretion that He should flee from the battlefield so that the untouchable king would chase Him
- Krsna is sometimes compared to the moon, which does not hesitate to distribute its soothing rays, even on the houses of the candalas and other untouchables
- Krsna is sometimes compared with the moon, which does not hesitate to distribute its soothing rays, even on the houses of the candalas and untouchables
- Krsna said, "As far as the lower animals are concerned, such as the dogs, and the lower grades of people, such as the candalas, or the fifth class of men, who are considered untouchable, they also may be given sumptuous prasadam"
- Krsna thought it wise to lead the untouchable king to that cave (where Mucukunda was lying asleep) so that the king's presence would awaken Mucukunda, and he would at once be burnt to ashes
- Krsna's fine discretion was exhibited when He was fighting with the untouchable king who attacked the city of Mathura. According to Vedic rites, those who are untouchable are not to be touched by the ksatriya kings, not even for killing
- One who performs his duty without attachment, surrendering the results unto the Supreme God, is not affected by sinful action, as the lotus leaf is untouched by water. BG 5.10 - 1972
- Ordinary edibles are touchable and untouchable, but there are no such dualistic considerations where prasadam is concerned
- The kapalika mendicants are tantric materialists who carry skulls in their hands. They are not Vaisnavas and have nothing to do with spiritual life; therefore they are untouchable
- The men in Vedic society who engage in public sanitary activities like picking up stool and sweeping the street are called hadis. Sometimes they are untouchable, especially when engaged in their profession
- The self-realized soul can impart knowledge unto you because he has seen the truth. BG 4.34 - 1972
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, using His disc, which was sharp like a razor, at once cut off Rahu's head. When Rahu's head was severed from his body, the body, being untouched by the nectar, could not survive
- The universe appears to be created, maintained & annihilated by Him because He has created this cosmic manifestation by His external energy. Nonetheless, He remains inactive in His spiritual energy & is untouched by the activities of the material energy
- These are four divisions: brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya, sudra. Sudra means laborer class, but they are also obedient to the other three classes. And less than that, they have been described as candalas, pancamas, or untouchable as you say
- Those who are advanced in Krsna consciousness, who are fully in knowledge of the authoritative sastra, can see with clear minds that although You exist within the transformations of the material qualities, Your presence is untouched by these qualities
- Those who, through the practice of bhakti-yoga, are cleansed of all material contamination, can see with clear minds that although You exist within the transformations of the material qualities, Your presence is untouched by these qualities
- Thus He (Caitanya Mahaprabhu) spread kirtana even among the untouchables. He wove a wreath of the holy name and prema, with which He garlanded the entire material world
- Thus He spread kirtana even among the untouchables. He wove a wreath of the holy name and prema, with which He garlanded the entire material world
- When Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to the temple of Jagannatha, Kasisvara, being very strong, cleared the crowds aside with his hands so that Caitanya Mahaprabhu could pass untouched
- When mother Saci saw her boy sitting on the rejected pots, she protested, "Why have You touched these untouchable pots? You have now become impure. Go and bathe in the Ganges"
- When the untouchable king seized the city of Mathura, Krsna did not think it wise to kill him directly with His own hand
- When Vallabha Bhattacarya walked toward them, they ran away to a more distant place. Rupa Gosvami said, "I am untouchable and most sinful. Please do not touch me"