Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
unfit | unfitly | unfitting |not fit"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Improper (2 C, 38 P)
Pages in category "Unfit"
The following 69 pages are in this category, out of 69 total.
- A person born in a low family is not unfit for discharging devotional service to Lord Krsna, nor is one fit for devotional service simply because he is born in an aristocratic family of brahmanas
- A pure Vaisnava thinks himself unfit to help free even one person from the reactions of sinful life, but he engages one's hard-earned money in the service of the Lord and thus frees one from sinful reactions
- A real Krishna Conscious person can adjust things nicely even in hell. A fully Krishna Conscious person is always in transcendental position and he is not afraid of any place which is so called, unfit for human habitation
- After losing each of his sons, the brahmana would come to the gate of the palace and accuse the King of not being able to give the brahmanas protection and of thus being unfit to sit on the royal throne
- Akrura began to think within himself that he was unfit for gaining the transcendental opportunity of seeing the Supreme Personality of Godhead (Krsna)
- All planets in the material world - beginning from Brahmaloka down to the hellish planets - are unfit places for a devotee. padam padam yad vipadam na tesam. A place where there is danger at every step is certainly not a comfortable place
- All these conclusions are unfit to disclose in public. But if they are not disclosed, no one will understand them
- Although I am physically unfit, I am trying to execute the orders of my Guru Maharaja as far as possible. So to take risk for Krishna is very good
- Although I am unfit and greatly afraid to submit this plea, I nevertheless request You, Sir, to be especially merciful toward me by granting me shelter at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Although the Buddhists are unfit for discussion and should not be seen by Vaisnavas, Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke to them just to decrease their false pride
- Although the flute is unfit, he is drinking the nectar of Krsna's lips. Seeing this, we qualified gopis are dying of unhappiness. Therefore, we must consider the austerities the flute underwent in his past life
- As soon as these (material upliftment, understanding the Supreme by speculative knowledge, fruitive activity & severe austerity) are present within the heart, the heart should be understood to be unclean & therefore unfit to serve as Krsna's sitting place
- Because such easy going rascals are unable to assume the position of "Prabhupada" or unfit for the post, they are so envious and you are talking on their behalf. I am very sorry for this
- Because such easy going rascals are unable to assume the position of "Prabhupada'' or unfit for the post, they are so envious and you are talking on their behalf. I am very sorry for this
- By dint of the grace of the Lord, however, even one who is unfit for a literary career can describe wonderful transcendental topics
- He (Akrura) considered himself as unfit for seeing Krsna as a materialistic person is for understanding the science of God or as a fourth-class person (a sudra) is for studying the Vedas
- He (Akrura) did not know what sort of pious activities he must have performed to gain an opportunity to go see Lord Krsna and Lord Balarama in Vrndavana on that day. A pure Vaisnava always thinks himself unfit to serve Krsna
- He said, "I came here for my benefit, but I see that I am getting just the opposite. I am unfit to render service. I simply commit offenses day after day"
- I do not agree with your wife's statement that New York is unfit for human habitation. A real Krishna Conscious person can adjust things nicely even in hell
- If an unfit person sentimentally accepts vairagya or takes sannyasa but at the same time remains attached to women, he is in a very dangerous position
- In the Hari-bhakti-sudhodaya it is stated that when Prahlada Maharaj was thinking himself unfit to approach the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he immersed himself in great distress, in an ocean of unhappiness
- Indeed, we are like a dwarf who wants to capture the moon. Although we are completely unfit, a desire to receive Your mercy is awakening within our minds
- It is therefore to be understood that such an unfit person must have obtained the nectar of Krsna's lips on the strength of some austerity
- Krsna continued, "I think Myself completely unfit to be your husband because you (Rukmini) are so beautiful, sober, grave and exalted. May I inquire from you the reason that induced you to accept Me"
- Krsna continued, "They (the personalities in the royal order) were not unfit in any way, over & above that, your father, your brother had no objection to such a marriage. On the contrary, they gave their word of honor you would be married with Sisupala"
- One who has not listened carefully to the instructions of the spiritual master is unfit for chanting or for preaching the cult of devotional service
- One who takes to spiritual culture, for them, this place is unfit. Unfit. My Guru Maharaja used to say that "This place is not fit for any gentleman's living"
- Out of humility, a devotee considers himself unfit to be transferred to the spiritual world
- Physically and mentally we may be disturbed sometimes, but we have to stand erect on the spiritual platform. I may inform you in the connection that I am at the present moment physically unfit
- Prthu Maharaja indicated that prayers should not be offered to an unfit person who pretends to be an incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Santanu's minister Asvavara had instigated some brahmanas to induce Devapi to transgress the injunctions of the Vedas and thus make himself unfit for the post of ruler
- Since You are that very same Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself, please be merciful upon me. I am fallen and unfit
- Srimati Kunti claims herself unfit to see the Lord because of her being a woman
- The author of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, Srila Rupa Gosvami, very humbly submits that he is just trying to spread Krsna consciousness all over the world, although he humbly thinks himself unfit for this work
- The entire world is going on under the bodily conception and creating a hellish condition unfit for any gentleman's living
- The gopis considered, 'The flute is completely unfit for his position. We want to know what kind of austerities the flute executed, so that we may also perform the same austerities'
- The harijana word was used by Gandhi unnecessarily for a class of men who are not fit for the position. Harijana means "the men of Hari." Just like Narada. Narada is called harijana. Great devotee is called harijana, "the persons related with Hari"
- The once-born man is unfit to chant the Vedic hymns, and therefore there is no practical utility of chanting the original hymns
- The principle of life should be to decrease the degree of material intoxication which leads one to be more and more illusioned about the aim of life. Grossly illusioned persons are quite unfit for entrance into the kingdom of God
- The wives of Saubhari Muni also entered the spiritual world by the influence of their husband. They were unfit, but because they were faithful followers of their husband, they also entered the spiritual world with him
- The wretched descendants of the higher three classes, are unfit by intelligence to understand transcendental subject matter concerning the spiritual name, fame, attributes, forms, etc., of the Supreme Absolute Truth
- Then Maharaja Prataparudra very humbly said, I am most fallen and abominable, and I am unfit to receive an interview with the Lord. One's life is successful if one engages in His service
- There are always rogues and thieves in human society, and as soon as a weak government is unable to execute its duties, these rogues and thieves come out to do their business. Thus the entire society becomes a hell unfit for gentlemen to live in
- There are persons who are unfit to drink that nectar but who nevertheless drink it continuously, whereas some who are suitable never get it and thus die of greed
- There is no harm, however, if one thinks that he is unfit for sannyasa; if he is very much agitated sexually, he should go to the asrama where sex is allowed, namely the grhastha-asrama
- They (unfortunate people) indulge in hearing the portion of the Bhagavatam they are unfit to hear
- This flute is utterly unfit because it is merely a dead bamboo stick. Moreover, it belongs to the male sex
- This saffron cloth is unfit for a Vaisnava to wear; therefore I (Sanatana Gosvami) have no use for it. I shall give it to a stranger
- Those who are unfit for this order of life are strictly forbidden by the injunctions of the sastras to accept it
- We are very depressed at being unfit candidates for Your mercy. Yet since we have heard of Your transcendental qualities, we are very much attracted to You
- Whatever you do, you should always be humble: "Krsna, I am quite unfit. So whatever I could collect with my capacity, kindly accept." This is our only plea
- When a man thinks of women and money, he lies down and rests on the arms of his beloved woman or wife. In this way he overindulges in sex life and thus becomes unfit for self-realization
- When He descends into the material universe, His consciousness is not materially affected. If He were so affected, He would be unfit to speak on transcendental matters as He does in the Bhagavad-gita
- When Krsna descends in this material world, His consciousness is not materially affected. Had His consciousness been materially affected, He was unfit to speak about the transcendental subject matter in the Bhagavad-gita
- When this body is unfit for living, the soul gives up this body. And by superior arrangement the soul is put again into the womb of a particular type of mother, and the soul develops that particular type of body
- Without this grace and mercy, one cannot compose transcendental literature. By dint of the grace of the Lord, however, even one who is unfit for a literary career can describe wonderful transcendental topics