Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Unattached"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- Bhakti means to be free from the attachment of this material world and to become attached to Krsna. Because you have to attach to something. You cannot become unattached
- Brahmacari means don't be attached
- By culture of knowledge one becomes unattached to hearth and home and becomes conscious of the miseries due to death, birth, old age and disease. And all culture of knowledge culminates in devotional service to the Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva
- If someone is very powerful, he also becomes attractive, and if someone is very famous, he also becomes attractive, and if someone is very beautiful or wise or unattached to all kinds of possessions, he also becomes attractive
- It is to be understood that a Vaisnava should be completely conversant with Vedanta philosophy, yet he should not think that studying Vedanta is all in all and therefore be unattached to the chanting of the holy name
- Lord Krsna said, "Such unattached persons haven't the least desire to accumulate wealth and prosperity for sense gratification, but sometimes they are found to collect money just to exhibit the exemplary life of a householder"
- Lord Krsna said, "They (unattached persons) show how by proper distribution of wealth one can become an ideal householder and at the same time a great devotee. Such ideal householders are to be considered followers of My footsteps"
- Madhavendra Puri avoided begging. He was completely unattached and indifferent to material things. If, without his begging, someone offered him some food, he would eat; otherwise he would fast
- Material nature is working under the direction of the Lord. Therefore the Lord is not unattached to the external energy
- Restricted, unattached sex life is also a kind of yajna because the restricted householder sacrifices his general tendency toward sense gratification for higher, transcendental life
- Rupa Gosvami said, "The entire material world, the entire cosmic manifestation, belongs to God, Krsna. Therefore, everything should be utilized for Krsna, and the devotee should remain unattached to material things"
- The brahmana (Sudama) accepted his newly acquired opulence, but he did so in a spirit of renunciation, remaining unattached to sense gratification, & thus he lived very peacefully with his wife
- The devotees of the Lord are never enchanted by the glare of materialistic life, and they live impartially, unattached to the objects of the false, illusory materialistic way of life
- The Supersoul is the original source of all senses, yet He is without senses. He is unattached, although He is the maintainer of all living beings
- The work of a man who is unattached to the modes of material nature and who is fully situated in transcendental knowledge merges entirely into transcendence
- We experience that even a young boy in Krsna consciousness is unattached to cinemas, nightclubs, naked dance shows, restaurants, liquor shops, etc. He becomes completely freed
- We have seen many rich persons, many powerful persons, many famous persons, many beautiful persons, many learned and scholarly persons, and persons in the renounced order of life unattached to material possessions
- We should not rely upon the control of such allowances. One has to follow those rules and regulations, unattached to them, because practice of sense gratification under regulations may also lead one to go astray
- While working to earn his livelihood as much as necessary to maintain body and soul together, one who is actually learned should live in human society unattached to family affairs, although externally appearing very much attached