Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
umbrella | umbrellas | umbrellalike
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► All Umbrella Categories - Vaniquotes (344 C, 1 P)
Pages in category "Umbrella"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.
- Desiring to congratulate its superior friend, the cloud poured not water but small flowers and covered the head of Krsna just like an umbrella to protect Him from the scorching sunshine
- Devotees do not care for the conventions of material activities; they boldly take to that shelter which is like an umbrella against the sun of repeated birth and death
- He (Akrura) cited, as an example, that Krsna, even at the age of seven years, had lifted Govardhana Hill and had continued to hold up the mountain for seven days, exactly as a child carries a small umbrella
- He (Ananta Sesa) serves Lord Krsna, assuming all the following forms: umbrella, slippers, bedding, pillow, garments, resting chair, residence, sacred thread and throne
- In some temples it is the custom to hold a big procession in the evening with a band playing and a nice big umbrella over the Deities, who sit on decorated thrones on the cart or palanquin which is carried by devotees
- Indra inundated Vrndavana with continual rain. Krsna, however, protected all of the citizens and animals of Vrndavana by lifting Govardhan Hill, which served as an umbrella
- Krsna lifted the Govardhana Hill, just as a boy picks up a frog's umbrella, and stood several days continuously just to give protection to the residents of Vrndavana
- Krsna said, "Do not be afraid of the hill and think that it will fall from My hand. You have been too much afflicted from the heavy rain and strong wind; therefore I have lifted this hill, which will protect you exactly like a huge umbrella"
- Krsna said, "I think this is a proper arrangement to relieve you of your immediate distress. Be happy along with your animals underneath this great umbrella"
- She (The Earth personified) also returned the umbrella of Varuna, along with a valuable jewel, which she presented to Krsna
- Sometimes the grass is covered by a certain kind of red insect, and when the green and red combine with the umbrellalike mushrooms, the entire scene changes, just like a person who has suddenly become rich
- Take as many printed cloths, small bells, umbrellas and camaras as there are in my storehouse and in the Deity's storehouse
- The clouds served as a soothing umbrella over Their heads just to make friendship with Krsna
- The interior Vrndavana forest is considered superior to Mathura, but superior to these forests is the divine Govardhana Hill because Krsna lifted Govardhana Hill like an umbrella, raising it with His lotuslike beautiful hand to protect His associates
- The Lord's lotus feet are like an umbrella for the surrendered souls, protecting them from all the miseries of material existence
- The palanquin was also surrounded by people carrying umbrellas, camara whisks and flags, and it was preceded by musicians and dancing girls
- The specific services entrusted to the anugas are varied. Mandana always bears the umbrella over the head of Lord Krsna. Sucandra is engaged in fanning the white camara bunch of hair, and Sutamba is engaged in supplying betel nuts
- The suggested ceremonial gifts for the spiritual master are as follows: grains; fruits; ghee; flowers; clothing and garments; bedding; shoes; umbrellas; asana; sacred thread; utensils; lamp; bead bags; neck beads; incense; ornaments; money
- This panoramic procession (Krsna going to Hastinapur) was accompanied by the shouts of the people and was full with the display of different colored flags, umbrellas and whisks and different varieties of weapons, dress, ornaments, helmets and armaments
- We (the Kurus) have allowed the Yadu dynasty to use the royal insignias like the whisk, fan, conchshell, white umbrella, crown, royal throne, sitting place and bedstead, along with everything else befitting the royal order
- When Mother Yasoda was thinking that her son was walking in the forest without any umbrella or shoes, she became greatly perturbed to think of how much difficulty Krsna must have been feeling
- When one becomes emotional on account of a strong wind, one tries to run very swiftly and rubs his eyes. When one is emotional because of rainfall, one takes an umbrella, and there is tension in his body