Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"two birds"|"two friendly birds"|"two similar birds"
Pages in category "Two Birds"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
- A living being may forget all that he might have done in his past or present life, but one must know that in the same tree of the material body, the individual soul and the Supreme Soul as Paramatma are sitting like two birds
- As confirmed in the Vedic Upanisad, the Paramatma and the jivatma, who are likened to two birds, are sitting in the body
- As declared in the Vedas, these two birds, although sitting as friends, are not equal. One is simply a witness. This bird is Paramatma, or the Supersoul. And the other bird is eating the fruit of the tree
- As it is stated in the Upanisads, there are two birds sitting in one tree; one is acting and enjoying or suffering the fruits of the branches, and the other is witnessing
- The personified Vedas continued by saying that the Supersoul and the individual soul, or Paramatma and jivatma, cannot be equal in any circumstance, although both of them sit within the same body, like two birds sitting in the same tree
- The Supersoul is called adhiyajna, and the soul is called adhibhuta
- The Vedas, like the Mundaka Upanisad, as well as the Svetasvatara Upanisad, compare the soul and the Supersoul to two friendly birds sitting on the same tree
- Two birds are sitting on one tree. The one bird is eating the fruits, and the other bird is simply witness. So witnessing bird is the Supersoul, and the bird which is enjoying and suffering of this material contamination or attachment, that is soul