twist | twisted | twisting | twists
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Wind (verb) (2 C, 6 P)
Pages in category "Twist"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.
- If the existence of the Supersoul and the individual is admitted, then the impersonalist theory of monism is nullified. Therefore some impersonalists and void philosophers twist the Patanjali system in their own way and pollute the whole yoga process
- Impersonalists twist some meanings out of Bhagavatam to suit and support impersonalist views, and the professional readers at once go to the Tenth Canto to misexplain the most confidential part of the Lord's pastimes
- One should not indulge in the unauthorized act of twisting the meaning and thereby putting himself on the dangerous path of offense
- One who in this world or this life is very proud of his wealth always thinks, "I am so rich. Who can equal me?" His vision is twisted, and he is always afraid that someone will take his wealth. Indeed, he even suspects his superiors
- One who misinterprets Bhagavad-gita, twisting out some meaning for his sense gratification, is a non-Aryan. Therefore commentaries on Bhagavad-gita by such persons should be immediately rejected
- Since she (Vaidarbhi) did not arrange her hair, it became entangled and twisted in locks. Although she remained always near her husband (Malayadhvaja), she was as silent and unagitated as the flame of an undisturbed fire
- So-called politicians, erudite scholars and philosophers who read Bhagavad-gita try to twist some meaning from it to suit their material purposes, but their misunderstandings of Krsna will not yield them any profit
- The daughter of King Vidarbha wore old garments, and she was lean and thin because of her vows of austerity. Since she did not arrange her hair, it became entangled and twisted in locks
- The meaning of niraham is "without material designations." This word cannot possibly be twisted to mean that the Paramatma has no ahankara, no "I-ness" or identity. He has His transcendental identity as the Supreme. This is explained by Jiva Gosvami
- There is also trembling of the body, forcible twisting of the body and perspiration. Other symptoms which may be present are shame, exhaustion, madness, illusion, frustration, humility, self-pity, restlessness, eagerness and stunning of the body