Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Twelve Forests of Vrndavana
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
Pages in category "Twelve Forests of Vrndavana"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.
- Brahma said, "I am most humbly praying at Your lotus feet for You to please give me any sort of birth within this Vrndavana forest so that I may be able to be favored by the dust of the feet of some of the devotees of Vrndavana"
- Brahma said, "If I am not so fortunate to take birth within the forest of Vrndavana, I beg to be allowed to take birth outside the immediate area of Vrndavana so that when the devotees go out they will walk over me. That would be a great fortune for me"
- In the Seventeenth Chapter I have described the Lord's journey through the great forest of Jharikhanda and His arrival at Mathura. In the Eighteenth Chapter there is a description of His tour of the forest of Vrndavana
- In those twelve forests (in the area of Vrndavana) there are different ghatas, or bathing places. They are listed as follows: (1) Avimukta, (2) Adhirudha, (3) Guhya-tirtha, (4) Prayaga-tirtha, (5) Kanakhala
- In those twelve forests (in the area of Vrndavana) there are different ghatas, or bathing places. They are listed as follows: (10) Rsi-tirtha, (11) Moksa-tirtha, (12) Budha-tirtha, (13) Gokarna, (14) Krsnaganga, (15) Vaikuntha, (16) Asi-kunda
- In those twelve forests (in the area of Vrndavana) there are different ghatas, or bathing places. They are listed as follows: (20) Kubja-kupa, (21) Ranga-sthala, (22) Mancha-sthala, (23) Mallayuddha-sthana, and (24) Dasasvamedha
- In those twelve forests (in the area of Vrndavana) there are different ghatas, or bathing places. They are listed as follows: (6) Tinduka-tirtha, (7) Surya-tirtha, (8) Vatasvami, (9) Dhruva-ghata
- In those twelve forests (in the area of Vrndavana) there are different ghatas, or bathing places. They are listed as follows:(17) Catuh-samudrika-kupa, (18) Akrura-tirtha, (19) Yajnika-vipra-sthana
- Keeping the calves before them, they started for the forest in a great procession. In this way, Lord Krsna assembled thousands of His boyfriends. Equipped with a stick, flute, horn, as well as a lunch bag, each was taking care of thousands of calves
- Krsna said, "There are palatial buildings in the cities, but we are satisfied living in this forest of Vrndavana. Our specific relationship is with Govardhana Hill and Vrndavana forest and nothing more"
- The gopis continued, “Dear Krsna,You are very cunning. You can imagine how much we are distressed simply by remembering Your cunning smile, Your pleasing glance, Your walking with us in the forest of Vrndavana and Your auspicious meditations"
- The gopis were loudly singing the glories of Krsna & wandering from one forest to another in search of Him. They knew that Krsna is all-pervading. He is in the sky, He is in the water, He is in the air, He is the supersoul in everyone's heart
- The interior forests of Vrndavana are considered superior to Mathura because of the presence of the twelve forests (dvadasa-vana), such as Talavana, Madhuvana and Bahulavana, which are famous for the various pastimes of the Lord
- The Lord's ecstatic love increased a thousand times when He visited Mathura, but it increased a hundred thousand times when He wandered in the forests of Vrndavana
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, surrounded by hundreds of gopis and decorated with a flower garland of many colors, began to wander within the Vrndavana forest, sometimes singing to Himself and sometimes singing with the gopis
- The transcendental symptoms that were visible on the body of the Lord during His travel within the forest of Vrndavana were all unique and inexplicable
- There are five forests on the eastern bank of the Yamuna: Bhadravana, Bilvavana, Lauhavana, Bhandiravana and Mahavana. On the western side of the bank there are seven: Madhuvana, Talavana, Kumudavana, Bahulavana, Kamyavana, Khadiravana and Vrndavana
- There are twelve forests in the area of Vrndavana, and Madhuvana is one of them. Pilgrims from all parts of India assemble together and visit all twelve of these forests
- There were severe torrents of hail when Krsna was staying in the forest of Vrndavana, and the elderly persons bade Him
- Thus I have written a description of the ecstatic love Lord Caitanya manifested in one of the places He visited while walking through the twelve forests of Vrndavana. To describe what He experienced everywhere would be impossible
- When a devotee is called by the attraction of Krsna, he does not care for bodily ties. The women entered the forest of Vrndavana on the bank of the Yamuna, which was verdant with vegetation and newly grown vines and flowers
- When Krsna and Balarama were going to Mathura in the chariot driven by Akrura, all of them took baths in this (Akrura-tirtha, in one of the twelve forest of Vrndavana) ghata
- When Rupa Gosvami arrived at Mathura, Subuddhi Raya, out of love and affection for him, wanted to serve him in so many ways. He personally took Rupa Gosvami to see all the twelve forests of Vrndavana
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wanted to see the various forests of Vrndavana, He took the brahmana with Him
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was elsewhere, the very name of Vrndavana was sufficient to increase His ecstatic love. Now, when He was actually traveling in the Vrndavana forest, His mind was absorbed in great ecstatic love day and night
- While passing through the forest of Vrndavana on the bank of the Yamuna, Krsna sat down at a beautiful spot and allowed the cows to drink the cold and transparent water of the Yamuna. Being fatigued, the cowherd boys, Krsna and Balarama also drank