Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
torture | tortured | torturer | tortures | torturing | torturous
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna's Torturing (1 P)
Pages in category "Torture"
The following 26 pages are in this category, out of 26 total.
- After birth the child may forget about the difficulties of his past lives, but when we are grown-up we can at least understand the grievous tortures undergone at birth and death by reading the authorized scriptures like Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Although his father tortured him and would have killed him had he himself not been killed by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Prahlada Maharaja begged pardon for him from the Lord
- Apparently it is seen that a devotee is being tortured, but he is not tortured
- Apparently Prahlada Maharaja was placed in circumstances in which he was always tortured by his father (Hiranyakasipu). In such material conditions, one cannot have an undisturbed mind
- Demonic men, who have no relationship with God, gradually become puffed up by material acquisitions and begin to challenge the authority of the Supreme Lord and torture those who are devotees of the Lord
- Devotees are often tortured by nondevotees, yet the pure devotee, depending fully on the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is never disturbed by such inimical activities
- Don't be afraid if somebody tortures us, somebody teases us. We must go on with Krsna consciousness without any hesitation, and Krsna will give us protect. If you are more tortured, then Krsna will appear as Nrsimhadeva and give you all protection
- Penance performed out of foolishness, with self-torture or to destroy or injure others, is said to be in the mode of ignorance
- Prahlada Maharaja was tortured by his father in so many ways, yet after the death of his father he prayed for his father's liberation by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Prahlada Maharaja's example was that in spite of continuous torturing by his father, he never forgot Krsna. This we have to follow. In spite of all kinds of inconveniences and torture by the atheist class of men, we shall never forget Krsna consciousness
- That is my only request, that at the last stage don't torture me and put to death. So I am not eating anything, and if we chant, by batches chant, I'll hear
- The illusioned king or executive head, even though sometimes advertised as a great philosopher and learned scholar, will allow slaughterhouses in the state without knowing that torturing poor animals clears the way to hell
- They (Hiranyaksa and Hiranyakasipu) will kill poor, faultless living entities, torture women and enrage the great souls
- Those who are impelled by lust and attachment, who are foolish and who torture the material elements of the body as well as the Supersoul dwelling within, are to be known as demons
- Those who undergo severe austerities and penances not recommended in the scriptures, performing them out of pride and egoism, who are impelled by lust and attachment, who are foolish and who torture the material elements of the body are known to be demons
- Torturing the devotees of Krsna is the preoccupation of the demons, who think that Lord Rama and Lord Krsna cannot punish them because They are ordinary mortals