Category:Topics of Krsna
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Topics of Krsna"
The following 84 pages are in this category, out of 84 total.
- After they had discussed various topics about Lord Krsna, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu informed Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, "I have come to your place just to receive your order"
- Although there were many others who assembled at the place where Pariksit was fasting, the natural conclusion is that there was no topic other than the glorification of Krsna, because the principal speaker was Sukadeva and the chief audience was Pariksit
- Because he (Narada) had become so eager to hear these topics, he gradually developed within himself an ecstatic love for Krsna
- Because I (Pariksit) am drinking the nectar of topics about Krsna, which is flowing from the lotus mouth of your Lordship (Sukadeva Gosvami), my hunger and thirst, which are extremely difficult to bear, cannot hinder me
- Both the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam are transcendental topics of Lord Krsna
- Brahma is counted amongst the living beings, but he is the greatest of all of us. And why is the greatest of all the living beings so much attached to the transcendental topics of Lord Krsna? Because He is the reservoir of all enjoyment
- By dint of the grace of the Lord, however, even one who is unfit for a literary career can describe wonderful transcendental topics
- Can anyone who is expert in relishing nectar (rasa) ever be fully satiated by hearing topics about Him?
- Candrasekhara continued, "There is no talk at Varanasi other than discussions on the six philosophical theses. Nonetheless, Tapana Misra has been very kind to me, for he speaks about topics relating to Lord Krsna"
- For one who is anxious to engage constantly in hearing such topics, krsna-katha gradually increases his indifference towards all other things
- For topics concerning Uttamasloka, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the spiritual master speaks, and the disciple hears with attention. Unless both of them are free from material desires, they cannot be interested in topics of Krsna consciousness
- He (one who is on the path of liberation by Krsna consciousness) does not like to hear anything except topics relating to Krsna; he does not like to eat anything which is not offered to Krsna; and he does not wish to go anywhere if Krsna is not involved
- He began personally posing questions and then answering them with conclusive statements. When afternoon came, the topics still did not end
- He informed Pariksit that hearing & chanting the pastimes of Krsna are so auspicious that the processes purify the three varieties of men involved: he who recites the transcendental topics of Krsna, he who hears such topics & he who inquires about Him
- I also hear topics about Krsna from Ramananda Raya. If you want to hear such topics, go to him again
- I have repeatedly heard about these higher and lower statuses of human society from the mouth of Vyasadeva, & I am quite satiated with all these lesser subject matters and their happiness. They have not satisfied me with the nectar of topics about Krsna
- I wish to hear topics concerning Lord Krsna constantly. Be merciful unto me and kindly tell me something about Krsna
- If one simply chants and hears the topics of Krsna, one's life will change; he will see a new light, and his life will be successful
- In great happiness he worshiped the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. The Lord inquired, "Have you heard topics about Krsna"
- In such discourses (Krsna-katha), unlimited transcendental pleasure is relished both by the audience and by the speaker, and therefore they can continue the topics for many thousands of years
- In this way Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Ramananda Raya passed the whole night relishing the mellows of krsna-katha, topics about Krsna. While they were chanting, dancing and crying, the night ended
- In this way they discussed topics about Lord Krsna continually for five to seven days
- It is your good fortune that you are inclined to hear topics regarding Krsna. The best course for you would be to go to Ramananda Raya and hear these topics from him
- Krsna is Absolute. Therefore, there is no difference between Him and His name. There is no difference between Him and His form. There is no difference between Him and His picture. There is no difference between Him and His topics
- Krsna-katha, or the topics of Krsna, are so pure that wherever they are spoken, the place, the hearer, the inquirer, the speaker and all concerned become purified
- Ladies and gentlemen, I thank you very much for your coming here and participate in this great movement. So this evening I shall present before you topics between Krsna and Arjuna. I think most of you know the Bhagavad-gita
- Lord Krsna and His devotees are both on the transcendental plane; therefore the topics of Lord Krsna and of His pure devotees are equally good
- Maharaja Pariksit said, "Hunger and thirst may give trouble to ordinary persons or to me, but the topics of Krsna are so nice that one can continue to hear them without feeling tired because such hearing situates one in the transcendental position"
- Maharaja Pariksit said, "I am actually experiencing how the transcendental topics of Lord Krsna's pastimes can relieve one from being affected by such material activities of sense gratification"
- O Maitreya, O friend of the distressed, the glories of the Supreme Lord can alone do good for people all over the world. Therefore, just as bees collect honey from flowers, kindly describe the essence of all topics - the topics of the Lord
- O Suta Gosvami, please describe those topics of the Lord by which Maharaja Pariksit, whose intelligence was fixed on liberation, attained the lotus feet of the Lord, who is the shelter of Garuda, the king of birds
- One who takes delight in hearing the war topics of the Lord is relieved from birth and death. Foolish people are suspicious of Krsna's taking part in the Battle of Kuruksetra, not knowing that His taking part insured liberation for all who were present
- Pariksit was destined to give up his body at the end of seven days, and thus he decided to continue remembering the Lord by His association with the topics of Srimad-Bhagavatam, and thus to quit his body in full consciousness of the presence of the Lord
- Pleasing the Lord should be the sole purpose of commerce and trade, and also of research, science, charity, austerity, and all other activities. Such a practice will inspire one to hear and chant transcendental topics related to Lord Krsna
- Pradyumna Misra answered, "Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has sent me to hear topics about Lord Krsna from you"
- Pradyumna Misra replied, "Kindly tell me about the same topics you spoke about at Vidyanagara"
- Radha Krsna topics are for both liberated and conditioned souls, but conditioned souls should not much discuss about the loving affairs between Radha and Krsna because sometimes they misunderstand Radha and Krsna as ordinary boy and girl
- Radharani continued, "Topics about Krsna are like waves of nectar. If such nectar does not enter one's ear, the ear is no better than the hole of a damaged conchshell. Such an ear is created for no purpose"
- Ramananda Raya and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu discussed Krsna day and night, and thus they passed from five to seven days in great happiness
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya told me, "I do not actually know about the topics of Lord Krsna. They are all known only to Ramananda Raya, but he is not present here"
- Saunaka Rsi inquired: Why did Maharaja Pariksit simply punish him, since he was the lowest of the sudras, having dressed as a king and having struck a cow on the leg? Please describe all these incidents if they relate to the topics of Lord Krsna
- Since Lord Krsna is the center of the topics, the word vasudeva-parayanah, or "devotee of Vasudeva," suggests devotee of Lord Krsna, the common aim
- Somewhere else Naradaji found that Lord Krsna was engaged in discussing topics of fighting, and somewhere else in making peace with enemies
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu (Gaurahari) bestows ecstatic love for Krsna upon anyone who hears all these topics with faith and love
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Out of all topics people listen to, which is best for all living entities?" Ramananda Raya replied, "Hearing about the loving affairs between Radha and Krsna is most pleasing to the ear"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu felt great ecstatic love when they began discussing Krsna, but the Lord checked His feelings because He felt shy before Vallabha Bhatta
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "I do not know about topics concerning Lord Krsna. I think that only Ramananda Raya knows, for I hear these topics from him"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stayed with Paramananda Puri in the brahmana's house where he was residing. The two of them passed three days there discussing topics of Krsna
- Sri Ramananda Raya returned at night, and he and the Lord discussed topics concerning Krsna. Thus they passed the night
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has similarly described the transcendental nature of relishing topics which concern Krsna
- Such topics can cut off one's bondage to family affection simply by entering the holes of one's ears
- Suta Gosvami desired to continue the topics of Lord Krsna before the sages of Naimisaranya, and the sages also expressed their readiness to hear from him continuously
- Suta Gosvami said: Now I shall begin the transcendental narration of the Lord Krsna & topics of the birth, activities & deliverance of King Pariksit, the sage amongst kings, as well as topics of the renunciation of the worldly order by the sons of Pandu
- Suta Gosvami said: Thus Sukadeva Gosvami, being invited by Maharaja Pariksit to speak on topics of the Lord Sri Krsna with the devotees, was very much pleased
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and Pundarika Vidyanidhi had a friendly, intimate relationship, and as far as discussing topics about Krsna, they were situated on the same platform
- Talk of krsna-katha, or topics about Lord Krsna or His incarnations, is spiritually so inspiring that the reciter and hearer are never exhausted. That is the nature of spiritual talks
- That evening, after discussing the topics of Krsna for some time, Ramananda Raya caught hold of the lotus feet of the Lord and spoke as follows
- The Battle of Kuruksetra is full of politics and diplomacy, but because the topics are related with Lord Krsna, the Bhagavad-gita is therefore adored all over the world
- The devotees and the Lord are interlinked, and they cannot be separated. Therefore talks about them are all krsna-katha, or topics of the Lord
- The Fifth Chapter tells how the Lord showed His favor to Pradyumna Misra and made him hear topics of Krsna from Ramananda Raya
- The Gita is krsna-katha, or topics of Krsna, because it is spoken by the Lord, and the Bhagavatam is also krsna-katha because it is spoken about the Lord
- The impersonalists, because they engage in mental speculation and have no faith in the Personality of Godhead, have no business hearing the topics of Krsna. Such persons are pitiable for the first-class pure devotees of the Lord
- The killing of Pralambasura & the devouring of the devastating forest fire by Krsna and Balarama became household topics in Vrndavana. The cowherd men described these wonderful activities to their wives and to everyone else, & all were struck with wonder
- The sages assembled in the forest of Naimisaranya inquired from Suta Gosvami about the birth of Maharaja Pariksit, but in the course of the narration other topics like Krsna's arrival at Dvaraka and residing with the sixteen thousand queens were narrated
- The speaker on the transcendental activities of the Lord should have only one object of worship and service, Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. And the audience for such topics should be anxious to hear about Him
- The topics of Lord Krsna are so auspicious that they purify the speaker, the hearer and the inquirer. They are compared to the Ganges waters, which flow from the toe of Lord Krsna
- The transcendental topics of Lord Sri Krsna's superhuman activities, His incarnation, His birth, appearance or disappearance, His forms, His names and so on are all easily understandable because all requirements are fulfilled
- The understanding of Bhagavad-gita is so transcendental that anyone who becomes conversant with the topics of Arjuna and Krsna becomes righteous and he cannot forget such talks. This is the transcendental position of spiritual life
- The very topics of Krsna are so relishable that they appear to the devotees as nectar. Thus the devotees enjoy them. In discussing Krsna's opulences and His diverse energies, the pure devotees take transcendental pleasure
- There are many topics in the Bhagavatam about sociology, politics, economics, cultural affairs, etc., but all of them are in relation with Krsna, and therefore all of them are worth hearing
- There is no motive for material gain. In such discourses (between Suta Goswami and the sages), unlimited transcendental pleasure is relished both by the audience and by the speaker, and therefore they can continue the topics for many thousands of years
- Thereupon Ramananda Raya gradually began speaking on topics of Krsna. Thus the ocean of the transcendental mellows of those topics became agitated
- They (the great rsis) were simply interested in the topics of Lord Krsna, for anything that is dovetailed with the narration of Krsna is worth hearing
- Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu spent the entire period of Caturmasya (the four months of the rainy season) in the happiness of discussing topics of Krsna with His devotees
- Transcendental topics of the activities of Lord Sri Krsna in the Srimad-Bhagavatam begin from the end of the battle at Kuruksetra, where the Lord Himself spoke about Himself in the Bhagavad-gita
- We have already discussed this matter (topics related to Lord Sri Krsna) in connection with the prayers of Bhismadeva
- We have heard & talked about the activities of the Pandavas, and we now are dealing with the topics of Pariksit, but because all these topics are related to Lord Sri Krsna, they are all transcendental, & pure devotees have great interest in hearing them
- What I have heard from Ramananda Raya is like a nectarean ocean of discourses about Krsna. Even the demigods, beginning with Lord Brahma, cannot understand all these topics
- When Jagadananda Pandita and Sanatana Gosvami sat together and began to discuss topics about Krsna, Sanatana Gosvami submitted to Jagadananda Pandita the cause of his distress
- When submissive Vidura, the resting place of the legs of Lord Krsna, had thus spoken to Maitreya, Maitreya began speaking, his hair standing on end due to the transcendental pleasure of discussing topics concerning Lord Krsna