Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
throat | throated | throats
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Cutting the Throat (17 P)
Pages in category "Throat"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- Faltering of the voice may sometimes cause choking in the throat and extreme anxiety. As the different symptoms of these ecstatic manifestations are localized, they are accompanied by different local reactions
- Feelings of ecstasy are displayed by highly advanced devotees of the Lord. There are eight kinds of transcendental changes in the body - tears, shivering of the body, perspiration, restlessness, throbbing, choking of the throat, etc
- Immediately his (Kesi's) teeth fell out. Krsna's arm within the mouth of the horse at once began to expand, and Kesi's throat choked up. As the great horse suffocated, perspiration appeared on his body, and he threw his legs hither and thither
- In any case, the material body is made of earth and stone in the form of feet, ankles, calves, knees, thighs, torso, throat and head. Upon the shoulders is the wooden palanquin, and within the palanquin is the so-called King of Sauvira
- In that diseased condition, one's eyes bulge due to the pressure of air from within, and his glands become congested with mucus. He has difficulty breathing, and upon exhaling and inhaling he produces a sound like ghura-ghura, a rattling within the throat
- The air is raised from the abdomen to the navel, from the navel to the heart, from the heart to the throat, from the throat to between the eyebrows and from between the eyebrows to the top of the cerebrum
- The air is raised from the abdomen to the navel, from the navel to the heart, from the heart to the throat, from the throat to between the eyebrows and from between the eyebrows to the top of the cerebrum. That is the sum and substance of practicing yoga
- The ten kinds of air are described as follows: The air which passes through the throat and the stoppage of which constitutes suffocation is called the udana air
- There are eight kinds of transcendental changes in the body - tears, shivering of the body, perspiration, restlessness, throbbing, choking of the throat, etc. - and all were manifested by Uddhava in the presence of Vidura
- They ate all kinds of cakes and sweet rice, filling themselves up to their throats, and at intervals they vibrated the holy name of the Lord in great jubilation
- When he heard about Krsna's killing of the Aghasura demon, there were some tears visible in his eyes, his throat was trembling, and perspiration covered his whole body. In this way Priest Gargamuni's beautiful face assumed a nice condition
- When the Bakasura demon was swallowing up Krsna, he felt a burning, fiery sensation in his throat. This was due to the glowing effulgence of Krsna
- When the throat is choked up because of a faltering voice, there may be a sound like "ghra." Such sounds choke up the voice, and with extreme mental anxiety they may manifest in different ways
- When Uddhava was freed from all material contamination, he saw the Lord, and his throat became choked up, and he could not speak
- While Rukmini was praying to Krsna for the life of her brother (Rukmi), her whole body trembled, and because of her anxiety, her face appeared to dry up and her throat became choked
- While the demon was trying to smash Krsna & His companions, Krsna heard the demigods crying "Alas! Alas!" & He immediately began to expand Himself within the throat of the demon. Although he had a gigantic body, the demon choked by the expanding of Krsna
- Why you create unnecessary necessities of life and become complicated and forget Krsna? What is this civilization? Rascal civilization. Instead of giving protection to the cows, you are cutting the throat. Is that civilization?
- With her eyes filled with tears she could not see Krsna anymore, and because her throat was choked up by anxiety she could not even instruct Krsna as to what He should do in that position