Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
threat | threaten | threatened | threatening | threateningly | threatens
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Threatening"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.
- Has someone addressed you with unfriendly words or threatened you? Could you not give charity to one who asked, or could you not keep your promise to someone?
- His playmates then threatened not to allow Him to play with them again. Krsna became afraid, and instead of going back home, He went back again to play with the boys. At that time, mother Yasoda scolded the children
- Madhavendra Puri wanted to leave Jagannatha Puri because the people were honoring him as a great devotee; however, this threatened to hinder his collecting sandalwood for the Gopala Deity
- My dear Bhadravardhana, there is no need to make these threatening motions. If you will all look more closely you will see that it is only a thundercloud upon Govardhana Hill; it is not the Aristasura in the shape of a bull
- The citizens of Dvaraka felt themselves threatened with pestilence and natural disturbances due to the absence of Akrura from the city
- The citizens of Dvaraka, having heard that sound which threatens fear personified in the material world, began to run towards Him (Krsna) fast, just to have a long desired audience with the Lord, who is the protector of all devotees
- The elderly friends said, "My dear Bhadravardhana, there is no need to make these threatening motions"
- The idea is, that the rapid advancement of the Hare Krsna Movement has threatened the foundation of Western Civilization. One American politician has remarked in this connection, that the Hare Krsna Movement is spreading like an epidemic
- The Lord's (Varahadeva's) resounding voice was tumultuous and echoed horribly in all directions as an open threat to all demons who might challenge His omnipotency
- The part of Hastinapura which slopes toward the Yamuna becomes inundated during the rainy season and reminds everyone of Lord Balarama's threatening to cast the city into the Ganges
- Thus this unintelligent man, Rukmi, ignorant of the extent of the strength and activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, voiced his impudent threats
- When evening clouds assembled overhead and thundered threateningly, all the Vaisnavas were very much afraid. But the Lord (Caitanya) took His karatalas in His hands and personally began chanting the Hare Krsna mantra
- When Mathura was thus besieged, Lord Sri Krsna began to consider, in consultation with Baladeva, how much the Yadu dynasty was in distress, being threatened by the attacks of two formidable enemies, Jarasandha and Kalayavana
- When mother Yasoda & Rohini were unable to protect the babies from calamities threatened by horned cows, by fire, by animals with claws & teeth such as monkeys, dogs & cats & by thorns, swords & other weapons on the ground, they were always in anxiety
- When Rksaraj was in front of Krsna fighting and suddenly realized that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna addressed him thus: "My dear Rksaraj, why is your face so dry? Please do not feel threatened by Me"
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu fell down, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya happened to see Him. When the watchman threatened to beat the Lord, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya immediately forbade him
- When the cowherd men of Vrndavana, under instruction of Krsna, stopped offering sacrifice to the heavenly King, Indra, the whole tract of land known as Vraja was threatened with being washed away by constant heavy rains for seven days
- When the Yamuna was threatened like this, she became greatly afraid of the power of Balarama and immediately came in person, falling at His lotus feet and praying
- When you had not received any money for the construction, you sent a threatening letter. Now money is there and you are silent. Why don't you inform us?
- Wherever He (Rsabhadeva) traveled, all bad elements surrounded Him, just as flies surround the body of an elephant coming from a forest. He was always being threatened, beaten, urinated upon and spat upon