Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
sweetmeat | sweetmeats |"sweet meat"
Pages in category "Sweetmeats"
The following 37 pages are in this category, out of 37 total.
- A confectioner is never attracted by sweetmeats
- According to the system of worship, when something is offered to deities outside one's home, it is generally not cooked food but raw rice, bananas and sweetmeats
- After the bathing ceremony was finished, incense and lamps were burned and all kinds of food offered before the Deity. These foods included yogurt, milk and as many sweetmeats as were received
- Ants are generally found everywhere, but when Ramacandra Puri saw ants crawling in the abode of the Lord, he took it for granted that they must have been there because Caitanya Mahaprabhu had been eating sweetmeats. He thus discovered imaginary faults
- Ants generally crawl about here, there and everywhere, but Ramacandra Puri, imagining faults, criticized Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu by alleging that there had been sweetmeats in His room
- I come to your home again and again to eat all the sweetmeats and vegetables you offer
- In two places there were earthen pots filled with another preparation made with yogurt, sandesa (a sweetmeat made with curd) and banana. I am unable to describe it all
- It is a system in India that if somebody's invited to take prasadam, he takes something, some fruits, some sweetmeats, something, and offers to the Deity. Of course, that is distributed amongst the prasadam, but it is the system
- Offer the Govardhana stone eight kaudis worth of the first-class sweetmeats known as khaja and sandesa. If you offer them with faith and love, they will be just like nectar
- One should take prasada at scheduled times and should not eat in restaurants or sweetmeat shops simply to satisfy the whims of the tongue or belly. If we stick to the principle of taking only prasada, the urges of the belly and tongue can be controlled
- Other preparations included a very delicious churned curd and a variety of sandesa sweetmeats. Indeed, all the various eatables available in Bengal and Orissa were prepared
- She (Damayanti) made long-lasting cheese, many varieties of sweetmeats with milk and cream, and many other varied preparations, such as amrta-karpura
- She (Damayanti) made many sweetmeats in the shape of balls. Some were made with powdered coconut, and others looked as white as the water of the Ganges. In this way she made many varieties of long-lasting sugar confections
- She (Damayanti) made sweetmeat balls with dried ginger to remove mucus caused by too much bile. She put all these preparations separately into small cloth bags
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvami then brought some excellent sweetmeats and, standing before the Lord, offered them to Him
- The confectioner, who is always manufacturing sweetmeats, has very little desire to eat them; similarly, the Lord, by His pleasure potential powers, can produce innumerable spiritual beauties and not be the least attracted
- The Lord said, "Last year in the month of Pausa, when Nrsimhananda gave Me varieties of sweetmeats and vegetables to eat, they were so good that I felt I had never before eaten such preparations"
- The swine who eat the night soil do not care to accept sweetmeats made of sugar and ghee
- There (the prasadam sent by King Patraparudra) were lotus-flower sugar, a kind of bread made from urad dhal, crispy sweetmeats, sugar candy, fried-rice sweets, sesame-seed sweets and cookies made from sesame seeds
- There is a common proverb that a confectioner is never attracted by sweetmeats
- There is a common proverb that a confectioner is never attracted by sweetmeats. The confectioner, who is always manufacturing sweetmeats, has very little desire to eat them
- There were hundreds of different types of sweetmeats like manohara-ladu, sweets like amrta-gutika and various types of condensed milk
- There were lotus-flower sugar, a kind of bread made from urad dhal, crispy sweetmeats, sugar candy, fried-rice sweets, sesame-seed sweets and cookies made from sesame seeds
- There were soft cakes made with mung dhal, soft cakes made with ripe bananas, and soft cakes made with urad dhal. There were various kinds of sweetmeats, condensed milk mixed with rice cakes, a coconut preparation and every kind of cake desirable
- There were sugar-candy sweetmeats formed into the shape of orange, lemon and mango trees and arranged with fruits, flowers and leaves
- Thus with great care and attention Raghava Pandita prepares spinach, other vegetables, radishes, fruits, chipped rice, powdered rice and sweetmeats
- When Krsna and Balarama were in the forest, mother Yasoda used to send Them some fruits, sweetmeats and rice mixed with yogurt. Krsna would take them, sit down on a slab of stone on the bank of the Yamuna, and call His friends to join Him
- When the shopkeepers of many other villages heard about the festival, they arrived there to sell chipped rice, yogurt, sweetmeats and bananas
- With great care and attention Raghava Pandita prepares spinach, other vegetables, radishes, fruits, chipped rice, powdered rice and sweetmeats