Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
sweeper | sweepers | sweeper's
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Caitanya's Sweeping (3 P)
Pages in category "Sweeper"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.
- A sincere person who follows (varna-asrama) method is far better situated than the false pretender who adopts show-bottle spiritualism to cheat the innocent public. A sincere sweeper in the street is far better than the charlatan meditator
- A sincere sweeper in the street is far better than the charlatan meditator who meditates only for the sake of making a living
- In India there was agitation during Gandhi's political movement because the lowborn classes of men like street-sweepers and candalas are prohibited, according to the Vedic system, from entering the temple. Due to their unclean habits they are prohibited
- In the material world there is difference between a sweeper and a cook; in the spiritual world a person who sweeps the temple and a person who worships in the temple are all the same. That is absolute knowledge
- Instead of earning livelihood by showing the Deity in the temple, it is better to take the profession of a sweeper in the street and live honestly. He said like that. The sweeper is working hard toiling and getting some money and living
- The higher caste were made not artificially. They had to follow nine great principles, then they are higher caste, not by rubber stamp, just like Gandhi wanted to do, taking the banghis, the sweepers, and rubber-stamping "harijana"
- To earn a living, one can honorably adopt the profession of a street sweeper, but one must not change his dress to the saffron robes of a renunciate simply to fill up his empty stomach