superintendent | superintendents | superintending | superintendent's | superintends
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Superintendent"
The following 51 pages are in this category, out of 51 total.
- A jail superintendent had only an ordinary education, or practically no education, and he was certainly not supposed to be very advanced in spiritual knowledge. But just to satisfy him, Sanatana praised him as a very learned scholar of the scriptures
- After seeing the dhupa-arati of the Lord, they all began congregational chanting. Then the padicha, the superintendent of the temple, came and offered flower garlands and sandalwood pulp to everyone
- As a serpent living within the cavity of a tree wishes to leave when there is a forest fire, so the city's police superintendent, the snake, wished to leave the city due to the fire's severe heat
- As soon as the superintendent understood the desire of the Lord, he immediately delivered a hundred new waterpots and a hundred brooms for sweeping the temple
- At this time, Kasi Misra, along with the superintendent of the temple, came and offered his respects unto the lotus feet of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- He (Sanatana Gosvami) was handcuffed; and because he jumped he could not swim so by the waves of the Ganges he was carried away. I could not save him. "You tell the Nawab like this." So he (superintendent of jail) thought it is nice, wise advice
- He (Yamaraja) is meant for punishing. That is just like superintendent of police or something like that, big officer, inspector general of the police department or the minister in charge of law and order
- I am just trying to train three or four of the advanced boys to work as the superintendents of the centers
- I beg to offer my respectful obeisances unto You, who are the Supersoul, the superintendent of everything, and the witness of all that occurs. You are the Supreme Person, the origin of material nature and of the total material energy
- In Brahma-samhita it is stated that the workings of the supremely powerful superintendent, Durga, are but shadowy indications of the workings of the Supreme Lord
- It appears from this (CC Madhya 20.6) statement that Sanatana Gosvami, who was formerly a minister of the Nawab, was trying to cheat the Muslim superintendent
- Kasi Misra and Tulasi, the superintendent of the temple, brought as much prasadam as five hundred men could eat. Seeing the large quantity of prasadam, which consisted of rice, cakes, sweet rice and a variety of vegetables, Caitanya was very satisfied
- Krsna continued, "I have been invited for this purpose by Brahma, the superintending deity of this universe, and thus I have now appeared in the dynasty of the Yadus as one of their family members"
- So when there is systematic law, there is systematic law-giver, controller, supervisor, superintendent. So we are not imagining, but we'll take it from authority, Vedic information, which is accepted by a great culture, great acaryas, great teachers
- Sometimes a governor goes to inspect a prison. He gets reports from the prison superintendent, so he has no business going there, but still he sometimes goes, thinking, - Let me see how they are doing
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately told Gopinatha Acarya, "Please go with the Vaisnavas and accommodate them in whatever residences Kasi Misra and the temple superintendent offer"
- Sri Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura also comments that since Sati is the superintendent deity of the external potency, when she quit her body she did not get a spiritual body but simply transferred from the body she had received from Daksa
- The city's superintendent of police, the serpent, saw that the citizens were being attacked by Kalakanya, and he became very aggrieved to see his own residence set ablaze after being attacked by the Yavanas
- The five-hooded serpent, the superintendent and protector of the city of King Puranjana, fought with the Gandharvas for one hundred years. He fought alone, with all of them, although they numbered 720
- The mother material nature, or Durga-devi. Durga means the superintendent of this prison house, material, Durga. Dur-ga: "You cannot go out." That is called durga. Durga means fort also. Very difficult, dur-ga, to go out
- The opinions of Sridhara Svami are given. It is stated that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, although devoid of material qualities, superintends all material activities
- The question may be raised that if the living entity has to act as the superintendent of the activities of the bodily combination, then how can he be indifferent to the activities of the body?
- The sun is rising punctually, the moon is rising punctually, the fortnight is going on, the season is coming punctually - everything. Why there should be no creator or no superintendent?
- The superintendent for all those bags was Makaradhvaja Kara, who kept them with great attention like his very life
- The superintendent of the temple then brought large quantities of prasadam, which Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally distributed to all the devotees
- The superintending deity of this material world is Goddess Durga, durga-sakti
- Then the Lord told Kasi Misra and the temple superintendent, "As for the remnants of food left by Jagannatha, let them be delivered to Vaninatha Raya's charge, for he can take care of all the Vaisnavas and distribute maha-prasadam to them"
- There is electric energy, there is powerhouse, there is the superintending engineer in the powerhouse. So at the end there is living force. Matter cannot work independently. We have no such experience
- This is the real significance of phalam brahmani sannyasya. A soul dedicated to the service of the Lord should never think of himself as the personal proprietor or the superintendent
- This material world is called Devi-dhama, "the place where the Devi, mother Durga, is the superintendent." Daivi hy esa gunamayi, maya (BG 7.14). She is called also Maya, Daivi-maya
- This subtle body has been figuratively described as a serpent, or the city's police superintendent. When there is fire everywhere, the police superintendent cannot escape either
- This universe is the smallest; therefore the predominating superintendent, or Brahma, has only four heads for management. In other universes, which are far greater than this one, Brahma has more heads
- Upon hearing the Lord's request for permission to wash the Gundica temple, the padicha, the superintendent of the temple, said, "My dear Sir, we are all Your servants. Whatever You desire is our duty to perform"
- Upon seeing all the Vaisnavas together, Kasi Misra and the superintendent became very happy. With great happiness they met with the devotees in a befitting manner
- When Sanatana Gosvami received this note from Rupa Gosvami, he became very pleased. He immediately went to the jail superintendent, who was a meat-eater, and spoke as follows
- When there is security and an absence of fire in the city, the police superintendent can impose his authority upon the citizens, but when there is an all-out attack on the city, he is rendered useless
- When these three people (Kasi Misra, the superintendent of the temple, and Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya) came before the Lord (Caitanya), He begged them for permission to wash the temple known as Gundica
- You have to admit, that you are conditioned by some authority. When you are put into jail, you cannot act independently. You have to act according to the jail superintendent's order
- You must know the particular work you are advised to act by the superintendent or the director, not that you can manufacture your duty. If you execute that duty, then you are dutiful. Otherwise, you are simply creating trouble, just like a monkey