Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
sumptuously | sumptuous
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Caitanya's Sumptuousness (6 P)
Pages in category "Sumptuously"
The following 48 pages are in this category, out of 48 total.
- A child or an animal is satisfied only by getting nice food. This stage of consciousness, in which the goal is to eat sumptuously, is called anna-maya
- A large quantity of the remnants of food from Lord Jagannatha was brought in for distribution. Ramacandra Puri ate sumptuously, and then he wanted to find faults in Jagadananda Pandita
- According to our Vedic civilization, whenever, whenever there is any ceremony, the brahmanas are..., are sumptuously fed. Because brahmanas are considered to be the mouth of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- After offering the used articles to the singers and reciters, Vasudeva and his wives, dressed with new ornaments and garments, fed everyone very sumptuously, from the brahmanas down to the dogs
- After the eclipse, all the members of the Yadu dynasty again took their baths in the lakes created by Lord Parasurama. Then they sumptuously fed the brahmanas with first-class cooked food, all prepared in butter
- After the Lord was laid down to rest on the bed, Madhavendra Puri gathered all the brahmanas who had prepared the prasadam and said to them, "Now feed everyone sumptuously, from the children on up to the aged"
- After Vidura ate sumptuously and took sufficient rest, he was comfortably seated. Then the King (Yudhisthira) began to speak to him, and all who were present there listened
- All the brahmanas invited on that occasion by the members of the Yadu dynasty were fed sumptuously with cooked food
- And when there was need of giving charity, he used to distribute money exactly as the cloud distributes rain. The distribution of rain by clouds is so sumptuous that it is compared to the distribution of wealth by a great, munificent person
- Ekadasi day -- there is no eating sumptuously. Simply you take little fruits and flowers. Try to avoid that also. You don't take even water. That is really ekadasi
- Encouraging him again and again, Ramacandra Puri fed him sumptuously, but when Jagadananda had washed his hands and mouth, Ramacandra Puri began criticizing him
- Have nice Deity program, always have lots of Kirtana, serve ample Prasadam very sumptuously and speak something from my books
- He's eating sumptuously, and by working, by pulling on the thela, hard labor, whole thing is digested and again goes in the evening he eats very sumptuously, he is very pleased. That is his success of life
- I went to Jagannatha Puri in 1958 during some special function. I was taking Lord Jagannatha prasada very sumptuously. I am praying to Lord Jagannatha to take me there again at His will and honor His remnants of food
- If one feeds Narayana sumptuously, the goddess of fortune, Laksmi, automatically becomes a guest in one’s house, which means that one’s home becomes opulent
- In all the temples of Vrndavana or outside of Vrndavana, huge quantities of food are prepared in this ceremony (of Govardhana-puja) and are very sumptuously distributed to the general population
- In ceremonies when brahmanas and Vaisnavas are sumptuously fed, the host partakes of the remnants of foodstuff after the guest has given permission
- In the beginning of life, every living entity is food conscious. A child or an animal is satisfied only by getting nice food. This stage of consciousness, in which the goal is to eat sumptuously, is called anna-maya
- Many interested people come to honor prasada, and whenever possible they invite members of the Society to their homes and feed them sumptuously with prasada. In this way both the members of the Society and the general public are benefited
- Material life means to work very hard day and night and get some money and then eat sumptuously. Eat, drink, be merry and then enjoy sex life. That's all
- One day Lord Balarama invited this particular sannyasi (Arjuna) to lunch at His home. Balaramaji very respectfully offered him all kinds of palatable dishes, and the so-called sannyasi was eating sumptuously
- One has eaten sumptuously at home but as soon as he comes out, "Let us go to the restaurant, let us have a cup of tea, a little this or that." The tongue is always dictating. "You eat this, you eat that, you eat that, you like that." That is going on
- One should distribute sumptuous prasada, considering everyone a part of the Supreme Lord, but one should not juggle words to make a poor man Narayana
- People are doing like that. They are eating in the morning and working very hard whole day, and in the evening again he becomes hungry and eats more sumptuously. That is his happiness
- Priests and brahmanas were sumptuously fed and, according to ritualistic ceremony, were given sufficient wealth and cows in charity. In this way, they were engaged in chanting Vedic hymns
- Propagate our processes of Sankirtana, sumptuous Love feasts, and reading literatures of Krishna Consciousness, and surely many persons will be attracted to join this sublime movement
- Srila Nityananda Prabhu continued, "If You invite at least one hundred sannyasis to Your home and feed them sumptuously, Your offense will be nullified"
- Sudama thought, "He (Krsna) can understand the mind of His devotee, and He sumptuously fulfills the devotee’s desires. All these are acts of my friend Krsna
- The cow does not give as much milk as it used to give formerly. The production of vegetables and fruits is less than before. As such, all living beings, both men and animals, do not have sumptuous, nourishing food
- The effects of war or pitched upheavals touch the body only and not the soul, much as the effects of a sumptuous feast touch the hunger of the stomach only and not that of the mind
- The effects of war or pitched upheavals touch the body only and not the soul, much as the effects of a sumptuous feast touch the hunger of the stomach only and not that of the mind. None of these material effects ever touches the eternal living entity
- The people must eat sumptuously - not voraciously and make them fit for working and chanting. In this way, they will be purified and everything will be nicely organized
- Then Ramananda Raya fed the two girls sumptuous prasadam and sent them to their homes unexposed
- Then Vallabha Bhatta brought in a great quantity of Lord Jagannatha's maha-prasadam and sumptuously fed Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates
- There will be seven days function, and the arrangement has been made that anyone who visits our temple may be supplied with sumptuous prasadam both kachi and pakki
- Those who were expert in astrological knowledge and in performance of the birth ceremony instructed King Yudhisthira about the future history of the child. Then, being sumptuously remunerated, they all returned to their respective homes
- Throngs of people came from different villages to see the Deity of Gopala, and they took maha-prasadam sumptuously. When they saw the superexcellent form of Lord Gopala, all their lamentation and unhappiness disappeared
- When all (Krsna, Narada, Vamadeva, Atri, Vyasadeva, Parasurama, Asita, Aruni, Sukadeva and others) had been fed sumptuously and were sitting very comfortably, Bahulasva came before Lord Krsna and caught His lotus feet
- When He traversed my (earth's) surface, I would be immersed in the dust of His lotus feet and thus would be sumptuously covered with grass which appeared like hairs standing on me out of pleasure
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to His residence after visiting the temple of Jagannatha, He asked for a large quantity of Lord Jagannatha's prasadam, which He then distributed among His devotees so that they could eat sumptuously