Sukra | Śukra
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Sukracarya (1 C, 166 P)
Pages in category "Sukra"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Above the moon by a distance of 200,000 yojanas are some stars, and above these stars is Sukra-graha (Venus), whose influence is always auspicious for the inhabitants of the entire universe
- According to the Vedic process, one can get a son through semen (sukra), one can get a bona fide disciple through initiation (savitra), or one can get a son or disciple through the fire of sacrifice (yajna)
- The explanation of the horoscope given by Bhaktivinoda Thakura is that at the time of the birth of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu the planets were situated as follows: Sukra (Venus) was in Mesa-rasi (Aries) and the naksatra (lunar mansion) of Asvini
- The word sukra means "semen"
- The word sukra means "semen," and acarya refers to a teacher or guru
- The word sukra means "semen." The sons of Sukracarya were brahmanas by birthright, but an actual brahmana is one who possesses the brahminical qualities
- The words kascid aja-svami expressly indicate herein (SB 9.19.10) that Sukracarya was no better than Yayati, for both of them were interested in family affairs generated by sukra, or semen