sudden | suddenly
- VedaBase query: sudden or suddenly not "all of a sudden"
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Suddenly"
The following 94 pages are in this category, out of 94 total.
- A great Indian scientist, busy in the planmaking business, was suddenly called by invincible eternal time while going to attend a very important meeting of the planning commission, and he had to surrender his life, wife, children, house, land, wealth etc
- After bathing at Kesi-tirtha, Krsnadasa went toward Kaliya-daha and suddenly saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sitting at Amli-tala (Tentuli-tala)
- After coming to me, the orderly said, 'When I went to stop the congregational chanting, suddenly flames struck my face
- After that, the conchshells, bugles, trumpets, drums and horns were all suddenly sounded, and the combined sound was tumultuous. BG 1.13 - 1972
- After the first rainfall, when there is a thundering sound in the clouds, all the frogs begin to croak, like students suddenly engaged in reading their studies
- As He thus wandered around every tree and creeper, He came beneath an asoka tree and suddenly saw Lord Krsna
- As she (Rukmini) was adjusting the ornaments on a finger of her left hand, she happened to look upon the princes and suddenly saw that Krsna was present amongst them
- As soon as Radharani gets a chance to see Krsna, Her body is suddenly decorated with various ecstatic ornaments
- As the King and Queen lamented, all their male and female followers joined them in crying. Because of the sudden accident, all the citizens of the kingdom were almost unconscious
- At that very moment (Hiranyaksa's last moment), a shudder suddenly ran through the heart of Diti, the mother of Hiranyaksa. She recalled the words of her husband, Kasyapa, and blood flowed from her breasts
- Because the water was so poisonous, the (cowherd) boys and cows became visibly affected immediately after drinking. They suddenly fell down on the ground, apparently dead
- Bound by such hallucinations, materialistic men prepare various plans for a still more comfortable life, but suddenly cruel death comes without mercy and takes away the great planmaker against his desire
- During the partition days in India, Hindus and Muslims were living together peacefully, manipulation by politicians suddenly aroused feelings of hatred between them, and they killed one another over politics
- During the time of Caksusa Manu, by the supreme will of the Lord, there was suddenly another pralaya, or devastation. This is mentioned by Markandeya Rsi in the Visnu-dharmottara
- He (Bakasura) appeared on the scene suddenly and immediately attacked Krsna with his pointed, sharp beak and quickly swallowed Him up. When Krsna was thus swallowed, all the boys, headed by Balarama, became almost breathless, as if they had died
- He (Sudama) thus began to think, 'From the beginning of my life I have been extremely poverty-stricken, so what could be the cause of such great and sudden opulence?'
- His (Ravana's) laughter, overtaken by joy, along with his very air of life, suddenly ceased with the tingling sound of the bow of Ramacandra, the Personality of Godhead
- I am so much thankful to you that you came to see our temple under construction in Vrindaban and supervised the work going on there. As you came all of a sudden, we could not make arrangement for your proper reception
- I have just received one letter from Asita dasa wherein he claims that he was all of the sudden asked to go away from Mayapur. What was the situation? Kindly let me know
- I offer my respects to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, by whose desire I have become like a dancing dog and suddenly taken to the writing of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, although I am a fool
- I think Bhurijana was doing nicely preaching to the Chinese boys but he has written that he is uninspired and feeling incapable and wants to spend more time with his wife. This sudden turn of events is a surprise to me
- If the mind suddenly thinks of something not very congenial, one has to take a corresponding birth in the next life
- In great agitation, the maidservant struck her breast with both hands and cried loudly in regretful words. Hearing her loud voice, the Queen immediately came, and when she approached her son, she saw that he was suddenly dead
- In Padyavali Radharani told Her companion, "My dear friend, I was just going to the bank of the Yamuna, and all of a sudden a very nice boy whose complexion is like a dark blue cloud became visible in front of My eyes"
- In the middle of the night, while they were taking rest, there was suddenly a great forest fire, and it quickly appeared that the fire would soon devour all the inhabitants of Vrndavana
- In this verse it is figuratively stated that the younger brother of desire suddenly appeared in person when the sages (the four Kumaras) were forbidden to see their most beloved Personality of Godhead
- Mother Yasoda took her son on her lap and pushed the nipple of her breast into His mouth, and while Krsna was sucking the milk, she was smiling, enjoying the beauty of her child's face. Suddenly, the milk which was on the stove began to boil over
- My dear friends, although I have suddenly accepted this renounced order, I still know that I shall never be indifferent to you
- O sinless Maharaja Pariksit, the order carriers of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Visnudutas, saw that Ajamila was attempting to say something, and thus they suddenly disappeared from his presence
- One cannot suddenly change a community's social customs
- One day people suddenly came to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and informed Him, "Gopinatha Pattanayaka, the son of Bhavananda Raya, has been condemned to death by the bada-jana, the eldest son of the King, and has been raised on the canga"
- One gopi said, "My dear friend, whose hand is this touching my body (Krsna was touching her body)? I had become very afraid after seeing the darkened forest on the bank of the Yamuna, but suddenly the touch of this hand has saved me from hysterical fits"
- One who inquires into self-realization and thus subdues his powerful anger - which awakens suddenly in the body as if falling from the sky - transcends the influence of the modes of material nature
- Only the foolish man says that there is no God. Maharaja Yudhisthira was being convinced of this naked truth because he was greatly overwhelmed by the sudden departure of his old uncles and aunt
- Recently at Mayapur an African devotee wanted to imitate Haridasa Thakura, but after fifteen days he became restless and went away. Do not suddenly try to imitate Haridasa Thakura
- Rukmini wrote a letter to Krsna: "After You've entered the city, have Your soldiers and commanders suddenly surround and defeat all the strength of the King of Magadha and by thus adopting the methods of the demons, please kidnap and marry me"
- Saying this, the boy left the place. Indeed, He suddenly could be seen no more, and Madhavendra Puri's heart was filled with wonder
- Seeing her, the damsels suddenly rose and said with folded hands, "We are your maidservants. Tell us what we can do for you"
- Seeing the Lord (Visnu) present before them, King Nabhi and his priests and associates felt just like poor people who have suddenly attained great riches. They received the Lord and respectfully bent their heads and offered Him things in worship
- She (Rukmini) dropped her hand bangles and the fan she was using to fan the Lord. Her hair became disarrayed, and she fainted and fell suddenly, appearing like a banana tree knocked down by high winds
- She could immediately understand that these sinful dacoits were about to kill a great devotee of the Lord. Suddenly the deity's body burst asunder, and the goddess Kali personally emerged from it in a body burning with an intense & intolerable effulgence
- Sinful dacoits were about to kill a great devotee of the Lord. Suddenly the deity's body burst asunder, and the goddess Kali personally emerged from it in a body burning with an intense and intolerable effulgence
- Sometimes the grass is covered by a certain kind of red insect, and when the green and red combine with the umbrellalike mushrooms, the entire scene changes, just like a person who has suddenly become rich
- Sometimes we suddenly experience something that was never experienced in the present body by sight or hearing. Sometimes we see such things suddenly in dreams
- Suddenly a cowherd boy blew on his flute, and immediately the Lord was struck with ecstatic love
- Suddenly Citraratha was forced to fall from the sky headfirst with his airplane. Struck with wonder, he was ordered by the great sages named the Valikhilyas to throw the brahmana's bones in the nearby River Sarasvati
- Suddenly Nrsimhananda arrived, and Jagadananda and Sivananda arranged for him to sit near them. Seeing them both so unhappy, Nrsimhananda inquired, "Why do I see that you are both despondent?"
- Suddenly there awoke within Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu the scene of Lord Krsna's departure to Mathura, and He began exhibiting the symptom of ecstatic madness known as udghurna
- Suddenly, a woman from Orissa, unable to see Lord Jagannatha because of the crowd, climbed the column of Garuda, placing her foot on Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's shoulder
- Suddenly, all of you created a great tumult and picked Me up and brought Me back here. Where now is the river Yamuna? Where is Vrndavana? Where are Krsna and the gopis? You have broken My happy dream
- Suddenly, due to their feelings of separation, Lord Krsna appeared among the gopis dressed in yellow garments and wearing a flower garland. His lotus face was smiling, and He was directly attracting the mind of Cupid
- Suddenly, on sighting the calves, the cows began to run toward them. They leaped downhill with joined front and rear legs
- The brahmana's wife delivered a male child, and as usual the child began to cry. But suddenly, within a few minutes, both the child and Arjuna’s arrows disappeared into the sky
- The devotees considered Ramacandra Puri to be like a great burden on their heads. When he left Jagannatha Puri, everyone felt extremely happy, as if a great stone burden had suddenly fallen from their heads to the ground
- The five direct transcendental mellows of devotional service are permanently situated in the heart of the devotee, whereas the seven indirect emotions appear suddenly under certain conditions and appear more powerful
- The living entity simply struggles for existence. Even if one becomes happy for a while, a very powerful enemy may plunder everything. There are many instances in which big businessmen suddenly become paupers in the street
- The name of Salva's commander in chief was Dyuman. He was very powerful, and although bitten by twenty-five of Pradyumna's arrows, he suddenly attacked Pradyumna with his fierce club and struck him so strongly that Pradyumna became unconscious
- The necessities of life are of three types: those produced from the sky (from rainfall), from the earth (from the mines, the seas or the fields), and from the atmosphere (that which is obtained suddenly and unexpectedly)
- The transcendental form of the Lord, as it is, satisfies the mind's desire and at once erases all mental incongruities. Upon losing that form, I (Narada Muni) suddenly got up, being perturbed, as is usual when one loses that which is desirable
- The Trnavarta demon went high into the sky with baby Krsna on his shoulder, but the baby assumed such a weight that suddenly he could not go any further, and he had to stop his whirlwind activities
- The Yaksas, being temporarily victorious, exclaimed that they had conquered Dhruva Maharaja. But in the meantime Dhruva's chariot suddenly appeared, just as the sun suddenly appears from within foggy mist
- These rascals (who criticize the boys and girls in Krsna consciousness for intermingling) should consider that one cannot suddenly change a community's social customs
- This is exhibited in actual life; there are many instances in which someone acting in Krsna consciousness suddenly changes
- This lie (Rukmi claimed that Balarama was the loser and that he himself had won), Balaramaji became most angry with Rukmi. His agitation was so sudden and great that it appeared like a tidal wave in the ocean on a full-moon day
- This sudden development of the devotional attitude in a person must be understood as a special mercy of Krsna or of His devotee
- We actually saw during the partition days in India that although Hindus & Muslims were living together peacefully, manipulation by politicians suddenly aroused feelings of hatred between them, and thus the Hindus & Muslims killed one another over politics
- We have got good shelter all over the world. We have got income. You stick to our principles. Even if I die suddenly, you'll be able to manage. That's all. That I want. Manage nicely and let the movement go forward. Don't go backward. Be careful
- When everyone offered respect to Krsna by standing up, Sisupala remained in his seat, but as he became angrier at Krsna's being honored, he stood up suddenly, raised his hand and spoke very strongly and fearlessly against Lord Krsna
- When King Saryati suddenly saw that his daughter had accepted someone else, even though the man was young and handsome, he immediately chastised her as asati, unchaste, because he assumed that she had accepted another man in the presence of her husband
- When Rksaraj was in front of Krsna fighting and suddenly realized that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna addressed him thus: "My dear Rksaraj, why is your face so dry? Please do not feel threatened by Me"
- When the ball leaped from Her hand and fell at a distance, the woman began to follow it, but as Lord Siva observed these activities, a breeze suddenly blew away the fine dress and belt that covered her
- When the brahmana (Sudama) saw his position suddenly changed to one of opulence, and when he could not determine the cause for such a sudden change, he began to consider very gravely how it had happened
- When the Kumaras, although by far the fittest persons, were thus forbidden entrance by the two chief doorkeepers of Hari while other divinities looked on, their eyes suddenly turned red because of anger due to their great eagerness to see Sri Hari
- When the twin arjuna trees fell to the ground, making a sound like the falling of thunderbolts, all the inhabitants of Gokula, including Nanda, immediately came to the spot. They were very astonished to see how the two great trees had suddenly fallen
- When there is emotion due to a sudden disturbance, one's face becomes discolored, one becomes struck with wonder, and there is trembling of the body
- While Candrasekhara was waiting outside the city, he suddenly saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu arrive, and he fell down at the Lord's feet. Being very happy, he took the Lord to his home
- While he was standing in the river, Akrura suddenly saw Balarama and Krsna within the water. He was surprised to see Them there because he was confident that They were sitting on the chariot
- While Sanatana Gosvami was studying Srimad-Bhagavatam in the assembly of learned brahmanas, one day the Nawab of Bengal and another person suddenly appeared
- While She was talking like this in a dream, She suddenly awoke and saw some of Her superiors standing before Her. Thus Radharani became ashamed and bowed Her head. This is an instance of alertness after awakening from sleep
- While sporting in the water, the girls suddenly saw Lord Siva passing by, seated on the back of his bull with his wife, Parvati. Ashamed because they were naked, the girls quickly got out of the water and covered themselves with their garments
- While thus wandering near the temple of Aitota, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu suddenly saw the sea
- While wandering here & there in that wonderful garden, King Puranjana suddenly came in contact with a very beautiful woman who was walking there without any engagement. She had ten servants with her, & each servant had hundreds of wives accompanying him
- Worms cannot get out of stool by their own endeavor; similarly, those who are overly attached to material existence cannot get out of materialism and suddenly become Krsna conscious