Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"Srivasa Thakura"|"Srivasa Prabhu"|"Srivasa Pandita"|Srivasa
- Śrīvāsa Ṭhākura
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Srivasa"
The following 93 pages are in this category, out of 93 total.
- In the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika Srivasa Pandita is described as an incarnation of Narada Muni
- Sakti-tattva and jiva-tattva are represented by Gadadhara and Srivasa
- The two brothers Srivasa Pandita and Sri Rama Pandita started two branches that are well known in the world
- The wife of Srivasa Thakura was Malini
- Abhiseka function was especially observed at the house of Srivasa. All the devotees, according to their means, worshiped the Lord (Caitanya) with all kinds of paraphernalia, and the Lord gave benedictions to each devotee according to his desire
- Absorbed in watching Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu dance, Srivasa Thakura could not understand why he was being touched and pushed. After he was pushed again and again, he became angry
- Acaryaratna (Candrasekhara) and Srivasa Thakura were overwhelmed with joy, and immediately they went to the bank of the Ganges to bathe in her waters. Their minds full of happiness, they chanted the Hare Krsna mantra and gave charity by mental strength
- Acaryaratna, Acaryanidhi, Srivasa Thakura, Gadadhara Pandita, Sankara, Nandanacarya, Raghava Pandita and Vakresvara were also present
- Advaita Acarya, Lord Nityananda, Srivasa Pandita, Gadadhara Pandita, Svarupa Damodara, Murari Gupta, Haridasa Thakura and all the other devotees of Sri Krsna Caitanya - bowing down with devotion, I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja) hold their lotus feet on my head
- After this, all the devotees, headed by Srivasa Thakura, offered prayers to the lotus feet of the Lord, and the Lord embraced each and every one of them in great love and ecstasy
- All glories to all the devotees, headed by Srivasa Thakura! All glories to the readers who have taken Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as their life and soul
- All glories to Gadadhara Prabhu! All glories to Srivasa Thakura! All glories to Mukunda Prabhu and Vasudeva Prabhu! All glories to Haridasa Thakura
- All the devotees of Navadvipa departed, including Acaryaratna, Vidyanidhi, Srivasa, Ramai, Vasudeva, Murari, Govinda & his two brothers & Raghava Pandita, who took bags of assorted foods. The inhabitants of Kulina-grama, carrying silken ropes, departed
- All the Vaisnava associates of the Lord were present, including Nityananda Prabhu, Haridasa Thakura, Srivasa Thakura, Gadadhara Pandita, Mukunda, Jagadananda, Murari and Vakresvara
- All these episodes have been elaborately described by Srila Vrndavana dasa Thakura. Then one day Srivasa Thakura extended an invitation to the Lord
- Another duel took place between Srivasa Thakura and Gadadhara Pandita, and yet another between Raghava Pandita and Vakresvara Pandita. Thus they all engaged in throwing water
- As he read the thousand names of the Lord, in due course the holy name of Lord Nrsimha appeared. When Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard the holy name of Lord Nrsimha, He became fully absorbed in thought
- As His associate Nityananda, He is the first expansion of God; as Advaita, He is an incarnation; as Gadadhara, He is the internal potency; and as Srivasa, He is the marginal living entity in the role of a devotee
- As the angered Haricandana was about to speak to Srivasa Thakura, Prataparudra Maharaja personally stopped him
- At that time a calamity took place - Srivasa Thakura's son died. Yet Srivasa Thakura was not at all sorry
- At this time, Srivasa Thakura smiled and told Svarupa Damodara, "My dear sir, please hear! Just see how opulent my goddess of fortune is"
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Krsna, and Nityananda Prabhu is His immediate expansion, and Advaita Prabhu is incarnation. Gadadhara Prabhu is internal potency, and Srivasa is heading the list of His devotees. Srivasa represents the marginal potency
- Candrasekhara Acarya and Srivasa Thakura both came to Jagannatha Misra and drew his attention in various ways
- Gauranga means with all this paraphernalia. As soon as we speak of gauranga, we should mean the five: Lord Nityananda, Advaita, Gadadhara, and Srivasa. All together
- Gentlemen, every night I worship the goddess Bhavani. Since the paraphernalia for the worship is present here, now all you respectable brahmanas and members of the higher castes can understand my position
- Gopala Capala wanted to defame Srivasa Thakura by proving that he was actually a sakta, or a worshiper of Bhavani, the goddess Durga, but was externally posing as a Vaisnava
- He explained how Junior Haridasa had made his resolution and had thus entered the waters at the confluence of the Yamuna and Ganges. Hearing these details, Srivasa Thakura and the other devotees were very surprised
- He placed a pot of wine beside all this, and in the morning when Srivasa Thakura opened his door he saw this paraphernalia
- Here are Srivasa Pandita, Vakresvara Pandita, Vidyanidhi Acarya and Gadadhara Pandita
- His elders such as Lord Nityananda, Advaita Acarya and Srivasa Thakura, as well as His other devotees - whether His juniors, equals or superiors - are all His associates who help Him in His pastimes. Lord Gauranga fulfills His aims with their help
- Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto Srivasa Thakura and all the other devotees of the Lord. I fall down to offer them respect. I worship their lotus feet
- Let us offer our respectful obeisances to Isvara Puri, Nityananda Prabhu, Sri Advaita Acarya Prabhu, Srivasa Pandita and Sri Gadadhara Pandita
- Seeing Srivasa Thakura standing before the King, Haricandana touched Srivasa with his hand and requested him to step aside
- Since Srivasa Thakura was a well-known and respected Vaisnava in Navadvipa, Gopala Capala wanted to reduce his prestige by bringing him down to the platform of the saktas
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu always appeared in four places - in the household temple of mother Saci, in the places where Sri Nityananda Prabhu danced, in the house of Srivasa Pandita during congregational chanting
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu introduced Sanatana Gosvami to these and other selected devotees: Advaita Acarya, Nityananda Prabhu, Srivasa Thakura, Vakresvara Pandita, Vasudeva Datta, Murari Gupta, Raghava Pandita, Damodara Pandita, Paramananda Puri
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu requested Srivasa Thakura, "Perform congregational chanting daily, and be assured that I shall also dance in your presence. You will be able to see this dancing, but not others"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then embraced Srivasa Pandita and, with His arm about his neck, began to speak to him in sweet words
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then told Srivasa Thakura, "My dear Srivasa, your nature is exactly like that of Narada Muni. The Supreme Personality of Godhead's opulence is having a direct influence upon you"
- Sri Pundarika Vidyanidhi, Sri Haridasa Thakura, Srivasa Pandita, Sivananda Sena, Sri Ramananda Raya, Sri Sikhi Mahiti, Sri Madhavidevi and Sri Gadadhara Pandita Gosvami never visited Vrndavana-dhama
- Sri Svarupa Damodara was very dear to Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu, and he was the life and soul of all the devotees, headed by Srivasa Thakura
- Sri-krsna-caitanya prabhu-nityananda sri-advaita gadadhara srivasadi-gaura-bhakta-vrnda means Krsna complete. Just like when we speak of a king, "king'' does not mean king is alone
- Srivas Acarya is incarnation of Narada Muni and Haridasa Thakura is incarnation of Lord Brahma, therefore sometimes Haridasa Thakura is called Brahma Haridasa
- Srivasa Pandita also took his wife, Malini, and the wife of Sivananda Sena also went with her husband
- Srivasa represents the pure devotee, and Gadadhara represents the internal energy of the Lord for the advancement of pure devotion
- Srivasa Thakura called for all the respectable gentlemen of the neighborhood and smilingly addressed them as follows
- Srivasa Thakura continued to address Svarupa Damodara, "Your gopis are engaged in boiling milk and churning yogurt, but my mistress, the goddess of fortune, sits on a throne made of jewels and gems"
- Srivasa Thakura continued, "Who has taught these people? What are they saying? Now You can cover their mouths with Your own hand"
- Srivasa Thakura slapped Haricandana to stop him from pushing him. In turn, this made Haricandana angry
- Srivasa Thakura then began to dance in ecstatic love. He vibrated sounds by slapping his armpits with the palms of his hands, and he laughed very loudly
- Srivasa Thakura, who was enjoying the mood of Narada Muni, thus made jokes. Hearing him, all the personal servants of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to smile
- Srivasa then replied to the Lord, "Why are You speaking in a contradictory way? Rather, we four brothers have been purchased by Your mercy"
- Srivasa, Ramai, Vidyanidhi, Gadadhara, Gangadasa, Vakresvara, Murari, Suklambara, Buddhimanta Khan, Nandana, Sridhara, Vijaya, Vasudeva, Damodara, Mukunda, Sanjaya and all the others, however many I can mention - arrived there
- Svarupa Damodara then retorted, "My dear Srivasa, please hear me with attention. You have forgotten the transcendental opulence of Vrndavana"
- The author of Sri Caitanya-bhagavata, Srila Vrndavana dasa Thakura, the son of Srivasa Thakura's niece Narayani, was a combined incarnation of Vedavyasa and the cowherd boy Kusumapida
- The dancers in the other groups were Vakresvara Pandita, Acyutananda, Pandita Srivasa, Satyaraja Khan and Narahari dasa
- The devotees headed by Srivasa are His smaller limbs. They are like His hands, face and eyes and His disc and other weapons
- The five singers who responded to the singing of Srivasa Thakura were Gangadasa, Haridasa, Sriman, Subhananda and Sri Rama Pandita. Sri Nityananda Prabhu was appointed as a dancer
- The Lord addressed Srivasa and his brothers with great love and affection, saying, "I am so obliged that I am purchased by you four brothers"
- The Lord also gave garlands and sandalwood pulp to the performers of sankirtana. The two chief performers were Svarupa Damodara and Srivasa Thakura
- The Lord stayed at Raghava Pandita's place for only one day. The next morning, He went to Kumarahatta, where Srivasa Thakura lived
- The Lord's devotees - including Srivasa, Ramai, Raghu, Govinda, Mukunda, Haridasa, Govindananda, Madhava and Govinda - all combined together
- The Lord's favorite vegetables were cooked by Malinidevi, the wife of Srivasa Thakura. She devotedly considered herself a maidservant of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, but in affection she was just like a mother
- The specific acts performed by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu at this time were His showing favor to Devananda Pandita and excusing the brahmana known as Gopala Capala from the offense he had committed at the lotus feet of Srivasa Thakura
- The wife of Srivasa Thakura whose name was Malini, accompanied by the wife of Candrasekhara (Acaryaratna) & other ladies came there in great happiness to worship the baby with paraphernalia such as vermilion, turmeric, oil, fused rice, bananas & coconuts
- Their two brothers were named Sripati and Srinidhi. These four brothers and their servants and maidservants are considered one big branch
- Then Srivasa Thakura related the details of Haridasa’s decision and his entering the waters at the confluence of the Ganges and Yamuna
- Then the brahmana, Gopala Capala, went to Srivasa Thakura and took shelter of his lotus feet, and by Srivasa Thakura's mercy he was freed from all sinful reactions
- There are innumerable devotees of the Lord, of whom Srivasa Thakura is the foremost. I offer my respectful obeisances thousands of times unto their lotus feet
- There are innumerable pure devotees of the Lord, headed by Srivasa Thakura, who are known as unalloyed devotees
- There is no need for any other devotional songs or chants for Lord Caitanya's Advent Day; simply chant Hare Krishna, with Kirtana or beads, & sing the prayer "Sri Krishna Caitanya, Prabhu Nityananda, Sri Advaita, Gadadhara, SriVasadi, Gaura Bhaktavrinda"
- These four brothers and their family members fully engaged in the service of Lord Caitanya. They knew no other god or goddess
- These two captains, with Their soldiers such as Srivasa Thakura, travel everywhere, chanting the holy name of the Lord
- They performed the ritualistic ceremonies prescribed at the time of birth according to religious principles. Jagannatha Misra also gave varieties of charity
- This good news gave much pleasure to mother Saci, as well as to all the devotees of Navadvipa, headed by Srivasa Thakura
- Thus the nonbelievers almost burned to ashes and died out of envy. To retaliate, they planned various ways to give trouble to Srivasa Thakura
- When Devananda was expounding the Mayavadi interpretation, Srivasa Thakura was once present in his meeting, and when he began to cry, Devananda's students drove him away
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Nityananda Prabhu were sitting together in the house of Srivasa Thakura, Murari Gupta first offered his respects to Lord Caitanya and then to Sri Nityananda Prabhu
- While the King beheld the dancing, Srivasa Thakura, standing in front of him, became ecstatic as he saw the dancing of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- You (Gopala Capala) have made Srivasa Thakura appear to have been worshiping the goddess Bhavani. Simply for this offense, you will have to fall down into hellish life for ten million births
- You have made Srivasa Thakura appear to have been worshiping the goddess Bhavani. Simply for this offense, you will have to fall down into hellish life for ten million births