Category:Srimad-Bhagavatam, Canto 05 Chapter 06 - The Activities of Lord Rsabhadeva
Pages in category "Srimad-Bhagavatam, Canto 05 Chapter 06 - The Activities of Lord Rsabhadeva"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- Actually Lord Rsabhadeva had no material body, but due to yogamaya, He considered His body material, and therefore, because He played like an ordinary human being, He gave up the mentality of identifying with it
- An unchaste woman is very easily carried away by paramours, and it sometimes happens that her husband is violently killed by her paramours. If the yogi gives his mind a chance and does not restrain it...
- Devotees always bathe themselves in devotional service in order to be relieved from the various tribulations of material existence. By doing this, the devotees enjoy supreme bliss, and liberation personified comes to serve them
- During this age of Kali, people are more inclined to irreligious systems. Consequently these people will naturally deride Vedic authority, the followers of Vedic authority, the brahmanas, the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the devotees
- Following this principle, He (Rsabhadeva) began to wander all over the world. While traveling, He came to the province of Karnata in South India and passed through Konka, Venka and Kutaka
- For the devotees, liberation (mukti) is very unimportant because, having attained the Lord's transcendental loving service, they have attained everything desirable and have transcended all material desires
- Lord Rsabhadeva is the master of all Vedic knowledge, human beings, demigods, cows and brahmanas. I have already explained His pure, transcendental activities, which will vanquish the sinful activities of all living entities
- Lord Rsabhadeva was the head of all kings and emperors within this universe, but assuming the dress and language of an avadhuta, He acted as if dull and materially bound
- Low-class people, due to their gross ignorance, introduce a system of religion that deviates from the Vedic principles. Following their own mental concoctions, they automatically fall down into the darkest regions of existence
- Oh, what shall I say of the dynasty of Priyavrata, which is pure & very much celebrated. In that dynasty, the Supreme P of G, descended as an incarnation & executed religious principles that could free one from the results of fruitive activity
- Out of His causeless mercy, Lord Rsabhadeva taught the self's real identity and the goal of life. We therefore offer our respectful obeisances unto the Lord, who appeared as Lord Rsabhadeva
- Srila Sukadeva Gosvami replied: My dear King, you have spoken correctly. However, after capturing animals, a cunning hunter does not put faith in them, for they might run away
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued speaking to Maharaja Pariksit: My dear King, the King of Konka, Venka and Kutaka whose name was Arhat, heard of the activities of Rsabhadeva and, imitating Rsabhadeva's principles, introduced a new system of religion
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: My dear King, the Supreme Person, Mukunda, is actually the maintainer of all the members of the Pandava and Yadu dynasties. He is your spiritual master, worshipable Deity, friend, and the director of your activities
- The mind is by nature very restless, and one should not make friends with it. If we place full confidence in the mind, it may cheat us at any moment. Even Lord Siva became agitated upon seeing the Mohini form of Lord Krsna
- The mind is the root cause of lust, anger, pride, greed, lamentation, illusion and fear. Combined, these constitute bondage to fruitive activity. What learned man would put faith in the mind
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Rsabhadeva, was fully aware of His true identity; therefore He was self-sufficient, and He did not desire external gratification. There was no need for Him to aspire for success, since He was complete in Himself
- They will abandon bathing three times daily and worshiping the Lord. Abandoning cleanliness and neglecting the Supreme Lord, they will accept nonsensical principles
- This earthly planet contains seven seas and many islands and lands, of which Bharata-varsa is considered the most pious. People of Bharata-varsa are accustomed to glorifying the activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- This narration of Lord Rsabhadeva's pastimes is the reservoir of all auspicious things. Whoever attentively hears or speaks of them, following in the footsteps of the acaryas, will certainly attain unalloyed devotional service at the lotus feet of the SPG
- Those engaged in getting the Lord's favor attain liberation from the Lord very easily, but He does not very easily give the opportunity to render direct service unto Him
- Those who are advanced in spiritual life do not put faith in the mind. Indeed, they always remain vigilant and watch the mind's action
- Those who are completely pure in heart, they do not cause distress. Why, then, did Rsabhadeva neglect them?
- Those who unnecessarily engage in bodily conceptions and create an atmosphere of materialism are always ignorant of their real self-interest
- To say nothing of this, He sometimes serves your family as a messenger or servant. This means He worked just as ordinary servants do
- While He (Rsabhadeva) was wandering about, a wild forest fire began. This fire was caused by the friction of bamboos, which were being blown by the wind. In that fire, the entire forest near Kutakacala and the body of Lord Rsabhadeva were burnt to ashes
- Who is that mystic yogi who can follow the examples of Lord Rsabhadeva even with his mind? Lord Rsabhadeva rejected all kinds of yogic perfection, which other yogis hanker to attain. Who is that yogi who can compare to Lord Rsabhadeva?