Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Srimad-Bhagavatam, Canto 04 Chapter 03 - Talks Between Lord Siva and Sati
Pages in category "Srimad-Bhagavatam, Canto 04 Chapter 03 - Talks Between Lord Siva and Sati"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.
- Although at the same time he remembered the malicious, heart-piercing speeches delivered by Daksa before the guardians of the universal affairs
- Although the six qualities education, austerity, wealth, beauty, youth and heritage are for the highly elevated, one who is proud of possessing them becomes blind, and thus he loses his good sense and cannot appreciate the glories of great personalities
- Being unable to rise to the standard of self-realization, he envies such persons as much as demons envy the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- But those who are elevated to the transcendental platform, being intelligent, offer such respects to the Supersoul, who is sitting within the body, not to the person who identifies with the body
- I also desire to decorate myself with the ornaments given to me by my father and go there with you to participate in that assembly
- I am always engaged in offering obeisances to Lord Vasudeva in pure Krsna consciousness. Krsna consciousness is always pure consciousness, in which the Supreme Personality of Godhead, known as Vasudeva, is revealed without any covering
- I think that all my sisters must have gone to this great sacrificial ceremony with their husbands just to see their relatives
- If in spite of this instruction you decide to go, neglecting my words, the future will not be good for you. You are most respectable, and when you are insulted by your relative, this insult will immediately be equal to death
- Maitreya continued: In this manner the tension between the father-in-law and son-in-law, Daksa and Lord Siva, continued for a considerably long period
- My dear white-complexioned wife, it is clear that of the many daughters of Daksa you are the pet, yet you will not be honored at his house because of your being my wife. Rather, you will be sorry that you are connected with me
- My dear young wife, certainly friends and relatives offer mutual greetings by standing up, welcoming one another and offering obeisances
- My sisters, my mother's sisters and their husbands, and other affectionate relatives must be assembled there, so if I go I shall be able to see them, and I shall be able to see the flapping flags and the performance of the sacrifice by the great sages
- O best of the demigods, how can the body of a daughter remain undisturbed when she hears that some festive event is taking place in her father's house?
- O immortal Siva, please be kind towards me and fulfill my desire. You have accepted me as half of your body; therefore please show kindness towards me and accept my request
- O never-born, O blue-throated one, not only my relatives but also other women, dressed in nice clothes and decorated with ornaments, are going there with their husbands and friends
- One should not go to anyone's house, even on the consideration of his being a relative or a friend, when the man is disturbed in his mind and looks upon the guest with raised eyebrows and angry eyes
- One who is conducted by false ego and thus always distressed, both mentally and sensually, cannot tolerate the opulence of self-realized persons
- The chaste lady Sati, the daughter of Daksa, heard the heavenly denizens flying in the sky conversing about the great sacrifice being performed by her father
- The great lord replied: My dear beautiful wife, you have said that one may go to a friend's house without being invited, and this is true
- The great sage Maitreya said: Lord Siva, the deliverer of the hill Kailasa, having thus been addressed by his dear wife, replied smilingly
- Therefore you should not see your father, although he is the giver of your body, because he and his followers are envious of me. Because of his envy, O most worshipful one, he has insulted me with cruel words although I am innocent
- This manifested cosmos is a wonderful creation of the interaction of the three material modes, or the external energy of the Supreme Lord. This truth is fully known to you
- Were near her residence and were going to the sacrifice dressed in fine clothing and ornamented with earrings and necklaces with lockets, she approached her husband, the master of the bhutas, in great anxiety, and spoke as follows
- When Lord Brahma appointed Daksa the chief of all the Prajapatis, the progenitors of population, Daksa became very much puffed up
- When she saw that from all directions the beautiful wives of the heavenly denizens, their eyes very beautifully glittering
- While the sacrifice was being performed, many brahmarsis, great sages, ancestral demigods and other demigods, their wives all very nicely decorated with ornaments, attended from different parts of the universe