Category:Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, Madhya-lila Chapter 18 - Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's Visit to Sri Vrndavana
Pages in category "Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, Madhya-lila Chapter 18 - Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's Visit to Sri Vrndavana"
The following 228 pages are in this category, out of 228 total.
- A foolish person who says that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is the same as the living entity is an atheist, and he becomes subject to punishment by the superintendent of death, Yamaraja
- A living entity and the Absolute Personality of Godhead are never to be considered equal, just as a fragmental spark can never be considered the original flame
- A person who considers demigods like Brahma and Siva to be on an equal level with Narayana must certainly be considered an offender
- A sannyasi in the renounced order is certainly part and parcel of the complete whole, just as a shining molecular particle of sunshine is part and parcel of the sun itself. Krsna is like the sun, full of six opulences
- According to the Koran, the Lord has a supreme, blissful, transcendental body. He is the Absolute Truth, the all-pervading, omniscient and eternal being. He is the origin of everything
- Actually Lord Krsna has returned to Vrndavana. That is the truth, and it is also true that people have seen Him
- After bathing at Kesi-tirtha, Krsnadasa went toward Kaliya-daha and suddenly saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sitting at Amli-tala (Tentuli-tala)
- After bestowing His mercy upon them in this way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu left. All those Pathana Muslims then became mendicants
- After going to the holy place named Soro-ksetra and bathing in the Ganges, let us take Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu that way and go
- After seeing Gokula, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to Mathura, where He saw the birthplace of the Lord. While there, He stayed at the house of the Sanodiya brahmana
- After seeing the holy place called Praskandana, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to Dvadasaditya. From there He went to Kesi-tirtha, and when He saw the place where the rasa dance had taken place, He immediately lost consciousness due to ecstatic love
- After seeing the places of Lord Krsna's pastimes, Sri Caitanya went to Sesasayi, where He saw Laksmi and recited the following verse
- After Sri Caitanya explained the difference between an ordinary living being and the S P of Godhead, the people said, "No one considers You an ordinary human being. You are like Krsna in every respect, in both bodily features and characteristics"
- After staying at Mathura for one month, the Gopala Deity returned to His own place, and Sri Rupa Gosvami returned to Vrndavana
- After this, Balabhadra Bhattacarya took the Sanodiya brahmana to a secluded place and consulted with him
- After visiting the places of Krsna's pastimes at Kamyavana, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to Nandisvara. While there, He was overwhelmed with ecstatic love
- Afterwards, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw Khela-tirtha and then went to Bhandiravana. After crossing the Yamuna River, He went to Bhadravana
- All glories to Lord Gauracandra! All glories to Nityananda Prabhu! All glories to Advaita Prabhu! And all glories to all the devotees of Lord Caitanya, headed by Srivasa Thakura
- All the Muslim soldiers then came before the Lord, worshiped His lotus feet and said, "Here are four rogues"
- All the people who lived near Akrura-tirtha came to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and due to the large crowds, the Lord could not peacefully chant the holy name
- Although Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had no desire to leave Vrndavana, He began to speak sweet words just to fulfill the desire of His devotee
- Although the Lord did not exhibit any external symptoms, His mind was filled with ecstatic love. At that time, Balabhadra Bhattacarya said, "Let us go to Mahavana"
- Among the Muslims was a grave person who was wearing a black dress. People called him a saintly person
- Apart from seeing You, whoever listens to Your holy name is made mad with ecstatic love for Krsna and is able to deliver the three worlds
- As soon as the Lord saw the beauty of the Gopala Deity, He was immediately overwhelmed by ecstatic love, and He recited the following verse. He then chanted and danced until the day ended
- As the aroma of deer musk cannot be concealed by wrapping it in a cloth, Your characteristics as the Supreme Personality of Godhead cannot be concealed by any means
- At Brahma-kunda, the Bhattacarya cooked food, and the Lord, after taking His bath at Brahma-kunda, accepted His lunch
- At Soro-ksetra, the Lord requested the Sanodiya brahmana and Rajaputa Krsnadasa to return home, but with folded hands they began to speak as follows
- At that time Balabhadra Bhattacarya placed a request at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He said, "Please give me permission to go see Lord Krsna directly"
- At that time, Balabhadra Bhattacarya went to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and made Him sit down. Seeing the Muslim soldiers, the Lord regained His normal senses
- Balabhadra Bhattacarya said, "Since I was present today, it was possible for me to pull the Lord up. But if He starts to drown at Vrndavana, who will help Him"
- Balabhadra Bhattacarya told the Lord, "I can no longer tolerate the disturbance of the crowd. People are coming one after another to offer invitations"
- Because of its wonderful transcendental qualities, Radha-kunda is as dear to Krsna as Srimati Radharani. It was in that lake that the all-opulent Lord Sri Krsna performed His pastimes with Srimati Radharani with great pleasure and transcendental bliss
- Being thus transcendentally amused, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu passed that day happily at Kesi-tirtha. In the evening He returned to Akrura-tirtha, where He took His meal
- Bhugarbha Gosvami, Sri Jiva Gosvami, Sri Yadava Acarya and Govinda Gosvami also accompanied Srila Rupa Gosvami
- Both Rajaputa Krsnadasa and the Sanodiya brahmana knew the path along the Ganges bank very well
- By Your bodily features we can see that You are none other than the son of Nanda Maharaja, although the golden luster of Your body has covered Your original complexion
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu walked with the Deity of Gopala, and He chanted and danced. A large and jubilant crowd of people also chanted the transcendental name of Krsna, "Hari! Hari"
- Coming down from Govardhana Hill, Lord Gopala granted an interview to Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who was unwilling to climb the hill, thinking Himself a devotee of Lord Krsna
- Coming to His senses, the Lord very loudly began chanting the holy name, "Hari! Hari!" The Lord raised His arms upward and began to dance in ecstatic love
- Creation, maintenance and dissolution come from Him. He is the original shelter of all gross and subtle cosmic manifestations
- Do not become mad. Simply sit down here, and tomorrow night you will go see Krsna
- Due to epilepsy, I sometimes fall unconscious. Out of their mercy, these four men maintain Me
- Due to fear of the Muslims, Gopala went to Mathura, where He remained in the house of Viththalesvara for one full month
- Due to fear of the Muslims, the Gopala Deity was moved from one place to another again and again. Thus giving up His temple, Lord Gopala would sometimes live in a bush and sometimes in one village after another
- During this time, a Vaisnava named Krsnadasa came to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He was a householder belonging to the ksatriya caste, and his house was located on the other side of the Yamuna
- Early in the morning people come here, and not seeing You present, they simply tax my brain
- Every day the Lord chanted and danced in ecstatic love. Finally He went to Khadiravana
- Everyone came before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and said, "Now we have directly seen Lord Krsna." Thus by the mercy of the goddess of learning they were made to speak the truth
- Everyone has seen Lord Krsna Himself. There is no doubt about it. Hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to laugh. He then said, "Everything is correct"
- Everywhere the Lord went, all the people said, "Krsna has again manifested at Vrndavana"
- Filled with ecstatic love, the Lord fell to the ground unconscious. He foamed about the mouth, and His breathing stopped
- Flee this village tonight, and do not allow one person to remain. Take the Deity with you and leave, for the Muslim soldiers will come tomorrow
- For three successive nights people went to Kaliya-daha to see Krsna, and everyone returned saying, "Now we have seen Krsna Himself"
- From a distance, people mistakenly think that they are seeing Krsna dancing on the body of the Kaliya serpent
- From beginning to end the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are uncommon. Just hear them with faith and accept them as true and correct
- From Radha-kunda, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to Sumanas Lake. When He saw Govardhana Hill from there, He was overwhelmed with joy
- Harideva is an incarnation of Narayana, and His residence is on the western petal of the lotus of Mathura
- He was also accompanied by Sri Uddhava dasa, Madhava, Sri Gopala dasa and Narayana dasa
- Hearing this, all the villagers became very anxious. They first took Gopala and moved Him to a village known as Ganthuli
- Hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted their proposal by smiling mildly. Thus those two persons continued to accompany Him
- Hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became very happy. After excavating the cave, He saw the three deities
- I belong to the Rajaputa caste, and my home is just on the other side of the river Yamuna. But I wish to be the servant of a Vaisnava
- I have studied the Muslim scripture very extensively, but from it I cannot conclusively decide what the ultimate goal of life is or how I can approach it
- I will be very happy if we all leave and take the path by the banks of the Ganges. Then we can have the opportunity of bathing in the Ganges at Prayaga during Makara-sankranti
- If I call loudly, they will come immediately to kill you and plunder your horses and saddles
- If they see You just once, even women, children, old men, meat-eaters and members of the lowest caste immediately chant the holy name of Krsna, dance like madmen and become spiritual masters capable of delivering the whole world
- In one day, ten to twenty invitations were received, but Balabhadra Bhattacarya would accept only one of them
- In ripe old age, Srila Rupa Gosvami could not go there, but he had a desire to see the beauty of Gopala
- In that lake, Lord Krsna and Srimati Radharani used to sport daily in the water and have a rasa dance on the bank
- In the afternoon, people were able to speak to Him. The Lord told everyone of the importance of chanting the holy name
- In the course of this story, I have given a description of Lord Gopala's mercy. After seeing the Gopala Deity, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to Sri Kamyavana
- In the Koran there are descriptions of fruitive activity, speculative knowledge, mystic power and union with the Supreme, but ultimately all this is refuted and the Lord's personal feature established, along with His devotional service
- In the morning they would come to Akrura-tirtha and cook food. After offering it to the salagrama-sila, they offered it to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- In the morning, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu took His bath in a lake called Manasa-ganga. He then circumambulated Govardhana Hill
- In the Seventeenth Chapter I have described the Lord's journey through the great forest of Jharikhanda and His arrival at Mathura. In the Eighteenth Chapter there is a description of His tour of the forest of Vrndavana
- In this way Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu performed His pastimes. Coming to the western part of India, He bestowed good fortune upon the yavanas and mlecchas
- In this way Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu directly initiated the saintly Muslim by advising him to chant the holy name of Krsna. The Muslim's name was changed to Ramadasa. Another Pathana Muslim present there was named Vijuli Khan
- In this way, giving some excuse, Gopala sometimes remains in the bushes of the forest, and sometimes He stays in a village. One who is a devotee comes to see the Deity
- Indeed, Lord Krsna gives ecstatic love like that of Srimati Radharani to whoever bathes in that lake even once in his life
- Indeed, Your characteristics are uncommon and beyond the imagination of an ordinary living being. Simply by seeing You, the entire universe becomes mad with ecstatic love for Krsna
- It is now the beginning of the month of Magha. If we go to Prayaga at this time, we shall have an opportunity to bathe for a few days during Makara-sankranti
- It was with great jubilation that Rupa Gosvami visited Lord Gopala, accompanied by all these devotees
- It would be good if we could get Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu out of Vrndavana. That is my final conclusion
- Just as Srimati Radharani is most dear to Lord Krsna, so Her lake, known as Radha-kunda, is also very dear to Him. Of all the gopis, Srimati Radharani is certainly the most beloved
- Just as the Lord inundated South India on His tour there, He also inundated the western part of the country with love of Godhead
- Just by seeing Govardhana Hill, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became ecstatic with love of Krsna. While dancing and dancing, He recited the following verse
- Mad with ecstatic love, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to dance before the Harideva Deity. Hearing of the Lord's wonderful activities, all the people came to see Him
- Mad with ecstatic love, the Lord came to the village known as Govardhana. There He saw the Deity named Harideva and offered His obeisances unto Him
- My mind has become very much agitated, and I cannot bear this anxiety. Now everything rests on the permission of Your Lordship. I will accept whatever You want to do
- No conditioned soul can get out of material bondage without serving the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Love at His lotus feet is the ultimate goal of life
- Now that I have seen You, my tongue is chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra. The false prestige I felt from being a learned scholar is now gone
- Now there is a crowd of people here, and these invitations are causing much disturbance. In addition, the Lord is always ecstatic and emotional. I do not find the situation here very good
- Of all the gopis, Radharani is the dearmost. Similarly, the lake known as Radha-kunda is very dear to the Lord because it is very dear to Srimati Radharani
- One day Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat at the bathing ghat of Akrura-tirtha and thought the following thoughts
- One morning many people came to Akrura-tirtha. As they came from Vrndavana, they made a tumultuous sound
- One person who came to the village informed the inhabitants, "The Turkish soldiers are now preparing to attack your village"
- Saying this, Balabhadra Bhattacarya made Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sit aboard a boat. After they crossed the river, he took the Lord with him
- Saying this, the saintly Muslim fell at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and requested Him to speak of life's ultimate goal and the process by which it could be obtained
- Seeing a great crowd assemble at Mathura, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu left and went to Akrura-tirtha. He remained there in a solitary place
- Seeing the Lord unconscious, the soldiers thought, "This sannyasi must have possessed a large quantity of gold"
- Seeing your own Koran and deliberating over what is written there, what is your conclusion
- Seized by fear, all the Pathana soldiers immediately released the four persons. Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not see His personal associates arrested
- Simply by hearing Your holy name, dog-eaters become holy saints. Your uncommon potencies cannot be described in words
- Since not everyone got an opportunity to offer invitations to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally, those who did not requested the Sanodiya brahmana to ask the Lord to accept their invitations
- Since the river Yamuna flowed near Tentuli-tala, a very cool breeze blew there. While there, the Lord saw the beauty of Vrndavana and the water of the river Yamuna
- Since You are that very same Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself, please be merciful upon me. I am fallen and unfit
- Sit down here for a while and keep us all under arrest. When the sannyasi regains his senses, you can question Him. Then, if you like, you can kill us all
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked Krsnadasa, "Who are you? Where is your home?" Krsnadasa replied, "I am a most fallen householder"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked the local people, "Where is Radha-kunda?" No one could inform Him, and the brahmana accompanying Him did not know either
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Are there any deities on top of this hill?" The local people replied, "There are deities on this hill, but they are located within a cave"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu bathed in all the celebrated lakes, beginning with Lake Pavana. Thereafter He climbed a hill and spoke to the people
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu danced in ecstasy, but when He arrived at Arit-grama, His sense perception was awakened
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu exclaimed, "Visnu! Visnu! Do not call Me the Supreme Personality of Godhead. A jiva cannot become Krsna at any time. Do not even say such a thing!"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu finally arrived at Prayaga and for ten successive days bathed in the confluence of the rivers Yamuna and Ganges during the festival of Makara-sankranti (Magha-mela)
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu next went to a holy place of pilgrimage called Soro-ksetra. He took His bath in the Ganges there and started for Prayaga on the path along the banks of the Ganges
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu offered His respects to Nanda Maharaja and mother Yasoda, and with great ecstatic love He touched the body of Lord Krsna
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu remained for some days in Akrura-tirtha. He delivered everyone there simply by distributing the holy name of Krsna and ecstatic love for the Lord
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "'May the left arm of Sri Krsna, whose eyes are like the petals of a lotus flower, always protect you. With His left arm He raised Govardhana Hill as if it were a toy'"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Please get up. You have chanted the holy name of Krsna; therefore the sinful reactions you have accrued for many millions of lives are now gone. You are now pure"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "The Koran certainly establishes impersonalism, but at the end it refutes that impersonalism and establishes the personal God"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "These are not rogues. They are My associates. Being a sannyasi beggar, I do not possess anything"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "You have brought Me here to show Me Vrndavana. I am very much indebted to you, and I shall not be able to repay this debt"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw the Gopala Deity for three days. On the fourth day, the Deity returned to His own temple
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then asked them, "Where have you seen Krsna directly?" The people replied, "You are a sannyasi, a renunciant; therefore You are a moving Narayana (jangama-narayana)"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then bestowed His causeless mercy upon all the people there, and everyone became ecstatic with love of God. Finally they all returned to their homes
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then bestowed upon Krsnadasa His causeless mercy by embracing him. Krsnadasa became mad with ecstatic love and began to dance and to chant the holy name of Hari
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then marked His body with tilaka made from the mud of Radha-kunda, and with the help of Balabhadra Bhattacarya, He collected some of the mud and took it with Him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then told all the Muslims there, "Chant the holy name of Krsna! Chant the holy name of Krsna!" As they all began to chant, they were overwhelmed by ecstatic love
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then took His bath in a lake called Govinda-kunda, and while He was there, He heard that the Gopala Deity had already gone to Ganthuli-grama
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then visited Srivana and Lohavana. He then went to Mahavana and saw Gokula, the place of Lord Krsna’s early childhood pastimes
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then went to the village of Ganthuli-grama and saw the Lord Gopala Deity. Overwhelmed by ecstatic love, He began to chant and dance
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu thought, "At this bathing place, Akrura saw Vaikuntha, the spiritual world, and all the inhabitants of Vraja saw Goloka Vrndavana"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu thought, "Since I shall not at any time climb Govardhana Hill, how shall I be able to see Gopala Raya"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu thus offered prayers to Radha-kunda. Overwhelmed by ecstatic love, He danced on the bank, remembering the pastimes Lord Krsna performed on the bank of Radha-kunda
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu traveled all over Vrndavana and pleased all living entities, moving and nonmoving, with His glances. The Lord took much personal pleasure in seeing everyone. In this way Lord Gauranga traveled in Vrndavana
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to sit beneath the old tamarind tree and chant the holy name of the Lord. At noon He would return to Akrura-tirtha to take lunch
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very eager to see Gopala, but He did not want to climb Govardhana Hill. Therefore by some trick the Gopala Deity personally descended
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would go to Vrndavana and sit in a solitary place, where He would chant the holy name until noon
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's touring Vrndavana has been previously described. In the same ecstatic way, He traveled all over Vrndavana
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's visit to Vrndavana and His activities there are unlimited. Even Lord Sesa, who has thousands of hoods, cannot reach the end of His activities
- Srila Rupa Gosvami and his associates stayed in Mathura for one month and saw the Gopala Deity
- Suddenly a cowherd boy blew on his flute, and immediately the Lord was struck with ecstatic love
- Tell the Lord of the happiness you will feel in traveling via the banks of the Ganges. Balabhadra Bhattacarya therefore submitted this prayer to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- That night the Lord stayed at the temple of Harideva, and during the night He began to reflect
- The attraction of Radha-kunda is as sweet as that of Srimati Radharani. Similarly, the glories of the kunda (lake) are as great as Srimati Radharani's
- The Bengali pilgrims are not rogues. You are rogues, for you want to kill the pilgrims and plunder them
- The brahmana disciple of Madhavendra Puri went from house to house in Mathura and inspired other brahmanas to invite Caitanya Mahaprabhu to their homes
- The brahmana said, "You Pathana soldiers are all under the protection of your king. Let us go to your commander and get his decision"
- The brahmanas from different places, such as Kanyakubja and South India, who were all strict followers of the Vedic religion, offered invitations to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu with great humility
- The conditioned soul, however, is always covered by ignorance and embarrassed by the threefold miseries of life. Thus he is a treasure-house of all kinds of tribulations
- The devotee Krsnadasa, who belonged to the Rajaputa race, was very fearless. The Sanodiya brahmana was also fearless, and he spoke very bravely
- The Gopala Deity then returned to His own temple, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu remained at the bottom of the hill. Thus all the desires of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were satisfied by the Gopala Deity
- The Gopala Deity was kept in the house of a brahmana, and His worship was conducted secretly. Everyone fled, and thus the village of Annakuta was deserted
- The great devotee Govinda, Vani Krsnadasa, Pundarikaksa, Isana and Laghu Haridasa also accompanied him
- The happiness of liberation, whereby one merges into the Lord's existence, cannot even be compared to a fragment of the transcendental bliss obtained by service unto the Lord’s lotus feet
- The heart of that saintly person softened upon seeing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He wanted to talk to Him and establish impersonal Brahman on the basis of his own scripture, the Koran
- The Koran accepts the fact that ultimately there is only one God. He is full of opulence, and His bodily complexion is blackish
- The Lord is the Supreme Truth, worshipable by everyone. He is the cause of all causes. By engaging in His devotional service, the living entity is relieved from material existence
- The Lord then understood that the holy place called Radha-kunda was no longer visible. However, being the omniscient S P of God, He discovered Radha-kunda and Syama-kunda in two paddy fields. There was only a little water, but He took His bath there
- The next day, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to Vrndavana and took His bath at Kaliya Lake and Praskandana
- The next morning some respectable gentlemen came to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and the Lord asked them, "Have you seen Krsna"
- The next morning Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to Vrndavana and took His bath at Cira-ghata. He then went to Tentuli-tala, where He took rest
- The next morning, Krsnadasa went with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to Vrndavana and carried His waterpot. Krsnadasa thus left his wife, home and children in order to remain with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The next morning, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu got up early. After taking His bath, He became ecstatic with love, knowing that He now had to leave Vrndavana
- The pastimes and methods of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are uncommon. Unfortunate is he who cannot believe even after hearing all these things
- The pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are an ocean of nectar. Even a drop of this ocean can inundate the whole world with transcendental bliss
- The Pathana soldiers said, "You are all rogues. One of you belongs to the western lands, one to the district of Mathura, and the other two, who are trembling, belong to Bengal"
- The people replied, "Krsna has again manifested Himself on the waters of Kaliya Lake. He dances on the hoods of the serpent Kaliya, and the jewels on those hoods are blazing"
- The people then said, "You have appeared in Vrndavana as an incarnation of Krsna. Just by seeing You, everyone is now liberated"
- The people were astonished when they saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's ecstatic love and personal beauty. The priests who served the Harideva Deity offered the Lord a good reception
- The saintly Muslim replied, "All that You have said is true. This has certainly been written in the Koran, but our scholars can neither understand nor accept it"
- The Sanodiya brahmana continued, "Kindly submit to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu the unhappiness you are feeling within yourself. Then propose that we all go to Prayaga on the full-moon day of the month of Magha"
- The Sanodiya brahmana said, "Let us take Him to Prayaga and go along the banks of the Ganges. It will be very pleasurable to go that way"
- The scholars of the Koran are not very advanced in knowledge. Although there are many methods prescribed, they do not know that the ultimate conclusion should be considered the most powerful
- The tamarind tree named Tentuli-tala was very old, having been there since the time of Lord Krsna's pastimes. Beneath the tree was a very shiny platform
- The two brothers Rupa and Sanatana did not climb the hill. To them also Lord Gopala granted an interview
- There are a father and mother with well-built bodies, and between them is a very beautiful child who is curved in three places
- There were many cows grazing near that tree, and the Lord was very pleased to see them
- These fools think that the boat is the Kaliya serpent and the torchlight the jewels on his hoods. People also mistake the fisherman for Krsna
- These four rogues here must have taken away that sannyasi's riches after killing Him by making Him take the poison dhutura
- These glories of Yours are only marginal. Originally You are the son of Maharaja Nanda
- These respectable gentlemen replied, "At night in Kaliya Lake a fisherman lights a torch in his boat and catches many fish"
- These rogues have made You take dhutura. Having made You mad, they have taken all Your possessions
- They prayed, "Let us go to Prayaga with You. If we do not go, when shall we again get the association of Your lotus feet"
- Thinking in this way, the Lord remained silent, and Lord Gopala, knowing His contemplation, played a trick
- Thinking this, the Pathana soldiers arrested the four persons and decided to kill them. Because of this, the two Bengalis began to tremble
- This country is mainly occupied by Muslims. At any place someone can create a disturbance, and although Your companion Balabhadra Bhattacarya is a learned scholar, he does not know how to speak the local language
- This Govardhana Hill is the best! O my friends, this hill supplies Krsna and Balarama, as well as Their calves, cows and cowherd friends, with all kinds of necessities - water for drinking, very soft grass, caves, fruits, flowers and vegetables
- This is the way of Lord Gopala's kind behavior to His devotees. Seeing this, the devotees were overwhelmed by ecstatic love
- This sannyasi is my spiritual master, and I am from Mathura. I am a brahmana, and I know many people who are in the service of the Muslim king
- This sannyasi sometimes falls unconscious due to the influence of a disease. Please sit down here, and you will see that He will very soon regain consciousness and His normal condition
- Thus all the respectable people of Mathura, headed by the brahmanas, came to Balabhadra Bhattacarya and extended invitations to the Lord
- Today I have had a dream, and according to that dream I have come here and found You
- Upon hearing this challenge, the Pathana soldiers became hesitant. Then suddenly Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu regained consciousness
- Upon seeing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, all the people offered respects at His lotus feet. The Lord then asked them, "Where are you all coming from"
- Upon seeing the Lord's personal beauty and ecstatic love, Krsnadasa was very much astonished. Out of ecstatic love, he offered his respectful obeisances unto the Lord
- Upon seeing the place where the twin arjuna trees had been broken by Sri Krsna, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was moved to great ecstatic love
- Usually they describe the Lord's impersonal aspect, but they hardly know that the Lord's personal feature is worshipable. They are undoubtedly lacking this knowledge
- Vijuli Khan also fell down at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and the Lord placed His foot on his head
- Vijuli Khan became a greatly advanced devotee, and his importance was celebrated at every holy place of pilgrimage
- Vijuli Khan was very young, and he was the son of the king. All the other Muslims, or Pathanas, headed by Ramadasa, were his servants
- What ordinary living being can describe the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu? I have only indicated the general direction in the form of a summary
- Whatever arguments he put forward, the Lord refuted them all. Finally the person became stunned and could not speak
- Whatever you desire, I must do. Wherever you take Me, I shall go
- When Balabhadra Bhattacarya asked to see Krsna at Kaliya-daha, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu mercifully slapped him, saying, "You are a learned scholar, but you have become a fool, being influenced by the statements of other fools"
- When he saw the Lord's ecstatic love, Vallabha Bhattacarya was certainly very much astonished. He was also astonished by the Lord's knowledge of the essence of devotional service, as well as by His personal beauty and influence
- When Krsnadasa saw that Caitanya Mahaprabhu was drowning, he cried and shouted very loudly. Balabhadra Bhattacarya immediately came and pulled the Lord out
- When Rupa Gosvami stayed at Mathura, he was accompanied by Gopala Bhatta Gosvami, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami and Lokanatha dasa Gosvami
- When that person tried to establish the impersonal Brahman conception of the Absolute Truth on the basis of the Koran, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu refuted his argument
- When the Lord regained His senses, He began to roll on the ground. He would sometimes laugh, cry, dance and fall down. He would also chant very loudly
- When the Lord saw Govardhana Hill, He immediately offered obeisances, falling down on the ground like a rod. He embraced one piece of rock from Govardhana Hill and became mad
- When the Lord shouted very loudly in ecstatic love, it appeared to the Muslim soldiers that their hearts were struck by thunderbolts
- When the people of the village saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu taking His bath in those two ponds in the middle of the paddy fields, they were very much astonished. The Lord then offered His prayers to Sri Radha-kunda
- When the people saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, they actually saw Krsna, but because they were following their own imperfect knowledge, they accepted the wrong thing as Krsna
- Where they are seeing Krsna is their mistake. It is like considering a dry tree to be a person
- While considering how Akrura remained within the water, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately jumped in and stayed under water for some time
- While the Lord was unconscious, ten cavalry soldiers belonging to the Muslim Pathana military order rode up and dismounted
- While walking, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, understanding that the others were fatigued, took them all beneath a tree and sat down
- Whoever argues about this is a great fool. He intentionally and personally brings a thunderbolt down upon his head
- Whoever bathes just once in Radha-kunda attains Srimati Radharani's loving attraction for Sri Krsna. Who within this world can describe the glories and sweetness of Sri Radha-kunda
- Whoever got to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would feel himself overwhelmed with ecstatic love and would begin to chant the Hare Krsna mantra
- Whoever met Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became a Vaisnava, and whoever met that Vaisnava also became a Vaisnava. In this way, all the towns and villages became Vaisnava, one after the other
- Why would Krsna appear in the Age of Kali? Foolish people who are mistaken are simply causing agitation and making a tumult