Category:Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, Antya-lila Chapter 12 - The Loving Dealings Between Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Jagadananda Pandita
Pages in category "Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, Antya-lila Chapter 12 - The Loving Dealings Between Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Jagadananda Pandita"
The following 153 pages are in this category, out of 153 total.
- Accepting the sandalwood pulp and garland, the Lord sat down and said, "Now, in front of Me, you must eat"
- Advaita Prabhu and Lord Nityananda Prabhu submitted these words at the lotus feet of the Lord: "The entire world is naturally obligated to You for Your transcendental attributes"
- After breaking the jug, Jagadananda Pandita returned to his residence, bolted the door and lay down
- After eating the food, the Lord says, 'Today Mother has fed Me up to My neck'
- After finishing His noontime ritualistic duties, the Lord arrived for lunch. Jagadananda Pandita washed the Lord's feet and gave the Lord a sitting place
- After saying this, Jagadananda Pandita took the jug of oil from the room and threw it down before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in the courtyard and broke it
- After saying this, Sivananda Sena went to Nityananda Prabhu, who then stood up and kicked him
- After saying this, Srikanta, who was only a boy, left the group and traveled on alone to the residence of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- After Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had said this and left, Jagadananda Pandita spoke to Govinda
- After Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said this and left, Jagadananda Pandita got up from his bed, bathed and began to cook varieties of vegetables
- Again and again when the Lord wished to get up, Jagadananda Pandita would feed Him more vegetables
- All glories to Advaita Acarya, who is also an ocean of mercy! All glories to all the devotees of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, whose hearts are always filled with mercy
- All glories to Jagadananda Pandita! He is so favored by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu that anyone who meets him thinks, "Now I have gotten the association of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu directly"
- All glories to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who is all-merciful! All glories to Nityananda Prabhu, who is an ocean of mercy
- All My devotees come here just for Me. Leaving aside their homes and families, they travel by very difficult paths to come here in great haste
- All the devotees engaged in the cleansing ceremony of the Gundica temple and danced in front of the Ratha-yatra chariot, just as they had done in the past
- All the devotees from Bengal would regularly invite Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for lunch, and the Lord would speak to them in very sweet words
- An intimate relationship sometimes makes a person overstep formal etiquette. Thus Paramesvara actually pleased the Lord in His heart by his simple and affectionate behavior
- Anyone who hears about the loving exchanges between Jagadananda Pandita and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, or who reads Jagadananda's book Prema-vivarta, can understand what love is. Moreover, he achieves ecstatic love of Krsna
- As a wooden doll dances to the will of a puppeteer, everything is accomplished by the will of the Lord. Who can understand the characteristics of the Supreme Personality of Godhead?
- As Govinda was warning Srikanta, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Don't bother him. Let Srikanta do whatever he likes, for he has come here in a distressed state of mind"
- As he (Srikanta Sena) described the Vaisnavas, therefore, he did not mention Lord Nityananda's kicking Sivananda Sena. Meanwhile, all the devotees arrived and went to meet the Lord
- At last the Lord respectfully submitted, "My dear Jagadananda, you have already made Me eat ten times more than I am used to. Now please stop"
- Because He will personally eat the food, Krsna makes you cook so nicely
- Because Nityananda Prabhu was preaching in Bengal, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had ordered Him not to come to Jagannatha Puri. That year, however, He went with the rest of the party to see the Lord
- Being very much pleased by Nityananda Prabhu's behavior, Sivananda Sena began to arrange residential quarters for all the Vaisnavas, headed by Advaita Acarya
- Deliver the oil to the temple of Jagannatha so that it may be burned in the lamps. Thus your labor in preparing the oil will be fruitful
- Deliver this oil to the temple of Jagannatha, where it may be burned in the lamps. In this way, Jagadananda's labor in manufacturing the oil will be perfectly successful
- During the day, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu engaged in various activities with His devotees, but at night He felt great separation from Krsna and used to cry
- For four consecutive months, the devotees observed all the festivals. The wives, such as Malini, extended invitations for lunch to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- From Bengal the devotees had brought varieties of Bengali food that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu liked. They also cooked various grains and vegetables in their homes and offered them to the Lord
- Have I taken sannyasa for such happiness? Accepting this oil would bring My ruination, and all of you would laugh
- He (Jagadananda Pandita) had cooked fine rice, mixed it with ghee and piled it high on a banana leaf. There were also varieties of vegetables, placed all around in pots made of banana tree bark
- He also personally ate the remnants of food left by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Then the Lord again sent Govinda
- He complained, "Sivananda Sena has not arranged for My residence and I am so hungry I could die. Because he has not come, I curse his three sons to die"
- He offered obeisances to Sacimata in the name of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and informed her of all the Lord's submissive prayers to her
- He prepared a large jug of it in Bengal, and with great care he has brought it here
- He said, "As long as Sivananda Sena's wife and children stay in Jagannatha Puri, they must be given the remnants of My food"
- He said, "Even when you cook in an angry mood, the food is very delicious. This shows how pleased Krsna is with you"
- He said, "Go quickly and massage the Lord's feet, You may tell Him, The Pandita has just sat down to take his meal"
- Headed by Sivananda Sena, Advaita Acarya and others, all the devotees assembled in Navadvipa
- Hearing the name of Mukundara Mata, Lord Caitanya hesitated, but because of affection for Paramesvara, He did not say anything
- Hearing these words of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Govinda remained silent. The next morning, Jagadananda went to see the Lord
- Hearing this curse, Sivananda Sena's wife began to cry. Just then, Sivananda returned from the toll station
- I am a mendicant and have no money. How can I clear My debt for the favor you have shown Me
- I go there and eat the food My mother offers, but she cannot understand that I am eating it directly. She thinks that this is a dream
- I have only this body, and therefore I surrender it unto you. Now, if you wish, you may sell it anywhere you like. It is your property
- I ordered Sri Nityananda Prabhu not to leave Bengal, but He has transgressed My order and come to see Me. What can I say
- I shall keep some remnants of the Lord's food for you. When He is asleep, come and take your portion
- I want you personally to cook My lunch today. I am going now to see the Lord in the temple. I shall return at noon
- I would like to forbid you to do this, but I enjoy your company so much that My desire for your association only increases
- If someone passing on the road smelled this oil on My head, he would think Me a dari sannyasi, a tantric sannyasi who keeps women
- In great happiness, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then accepted the lunch. When He had tasted the vegetables, He again began to speak
- In this way the Lord spent the four months of the rainy season in various pastimes, and then He ordered the Bengali devotees to return to their homes
- In this way, Jagadananda Pandita and mother Saci talked day and night about the happiness of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- It is his desire that Your Lordship apply a little of this oil on Your head so that blood pressure due to bile and air will be considerably diminished
- Jagadananda Pandita continued to offer the Lord varieties of vegetables. Out of fear, the Lord said nothing but continued eating happily
- Jagadananda Pandita eagerly forced the Lord to eat so much that He ate ten times more than on other days
- Jagadananda Pandita met all the other devotees in Nadia. They were all very happy to have him present
- Jagadananda Pandita replied, "He who will eat has cooked this. As far as I am concerned, I simply collect the ingredients"
- Jagadananda Pandita replied, "Who tells You all these false stories? I never brought any oil from Bengal"
- Jagadananda Pandita said, "My dear mother, sometimes the Lord comes here and eats all the food you have offered"
- Jagadananda Pandita stayed at the house of Sivananda Sena for some time, and they prepared about sixteen seers of scented sandalwood oil
- Jagadananda Pandita thereafter went to meet Advaita Acarya, who also was very happy to have him
- Jagadananda Pandita thus distributed remnants of the Lord's food to Ramai, Nandai, Govinda and Raghunatha Bhatta
- Jagadananda replied, "My Lord, You go take rest. I shall take prasadam after I finish making some arrangements"
- Jagadananda's coming pleased mother Saci very much. As he talked of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, she listened day and night
- Meanwhile, all the devotees journeyed from their homes in Bengal to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- My dear Lord, Your chastising me is Your causeless mercy. Who within the three worlds can understand Your real character
- My uncle is well known as one of the associates of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, but Lord Nityananda Prabhu asserts His superiority by kicking him
- O devotees, may the transcendental life and characteristics of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu always be heard, chanted and meditated upon with great happiness
- On the rice and vegetables were tulasi flowers, and in front of the Lord were cakes, sweet rice and other prasadam of Jagannatha
- Once before when Sivananda Sena had visited Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu at His residence, the Lord had told him, "When this son is born, give him the name Puri dasa"
- One day when the party was being checked by a toll collector, the devotees were allowed to pass, and Sivananda Sena remained behind alone to pay the taxes
- One of Sri Nityananda Prabhu's characteristics is His contradictory nature. When He becomes angry and kicks someone, it is actually for his benefit
- Out of His causeless mercy upon Me, Advaita Acarya has also come here. I am indebted to Him for His affectionate behavior. This debt is impossible for Me to liquidate
- Sacimata said, "I wish Nimai would eat all the nice vegetables I cook. That is my desire"
- Seeing that Jagadananda Pandita was indeed eating, Govinda informed the Lord, who then became peaceful and went to sleep
- Sivananda Sena introduced his three sons to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Because they were his sons, the Lord showed the boys great mercy
- Sivananda Sena managed the payment of tolls at different places. Maintaining everyone, he guided all the devotees in great happiness
- Sivananda Sena replied, "You crazy woman! Why are you needlessly crying? Let my three sons die for all the inconvenience we have caused Nityananda Prabhu"
- Sivananda Sena took care of everyone and gave each devotee places to stay. He knew all the paths leading to Orissa
- Sivananda Sena touched the lotus feet of Nityananda Prabhu and led Him to His residence. After giving the Lord His quarters, Sivananda Sena, being very pleased, spoke as follows
- Sivananda Sena's nephew, Srikanta, the son of his sister, felt offended, and he commented on the matter when his uncle was absent
- Sometimes I think that Nimai has eaten them, but afterwards I think that I was only dreaming
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu dared not forbid him to feed Him more. He just continued eating, fearful that Jagadananda would fast if He stopped
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu inquired from Srikanta about all the Vaisnavas, and the boy informed the Lord about them, naming them one after another
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the fully independent Personality of Godhead and makes everyone dance as He likes. Leaving His company, therefore, all the devotees returned to their homes in different parts of the country
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu kept His hands raised and would not accept the prasadam until Jagadananda Pandita, with great affection and love, spoke the following words
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu received them all, just as He had in previous years. The women, however, saw the Lord from a distance
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said to Jagadananda Pandita, "My dear Pandita, you have brought Me some oil from Bengal, but since I am in the renounced order, I cannot accept it"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Paramesvara, may you be blessed. It is very good that you have come here." Paramesvara then informed the Lord, "Mukundara Mata has also come"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stood up and washed His hands and mouth, while Jagadananda Pandita brought spices, a garland and sandalwood pulp
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then told Govinda, "You remain here. When the Pandita has taken his food, come inform Me"
- Srivasa Thakura was also there with his three brothers and his wife, Malini. Acaryaratna was similarly accompanied by his wife
- The affectionate loving exchanges between Jagadananda Pandita and Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued in this manner, exactly like the exchanges between Satyabhama and Lord Krsna related in Srimad-Bhagavatam
- The child was named Paramananda dasa in accordance with the Lord's order, and the Lord jokingly called him Puri dasa
- The devotees first saw Sacimata and took her permission. Then in great happiness they started for Jagannatha Puri, congregationally chanting the holy name of the Lord
- The devotees of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began their journey crying, while the Lord remained morosely at His residence
- The dust of Your lotus feet is not attainable even by Lord Brahma, yet Your lotus feet have touched my wretched body
- The inhabitants of Kulina-grama and Khanda village also assembled at Navadvipa
- The Lord again arranged for the residential quarters of all the devotees and thereafter called them to partake of the remnants of food offered to Lord Jagannatha
- The Lord ate lunch in the company of all the devotees, and after washing His hands and mouth He gave an order to Govinda
- The Lord bound everyone by His transcendental mercy. Who can repay his debt for the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The Lord replied, "A sannyasi has no use for oil, especially perfumed oil such as this. Take it out immediately"
- The Lord said, "All of you come to see Me every year, to come here and then return must certainly give you great trouble"
- The Lord said, "Spread another leaf with a helping of rice and vegetables so that today you and I may take lunch together"
- The Lord specifically advised Nityananda Prabhu, "You should not come here again and again. You will have My association in Bengal"
- The Lord told him, "Go see whether Jagadananda Pandita is eating. Then quickly return and let Me know"
- The Lord would cry, "O My Lord Krsna, My life and soul! O son of Maharaja Nanda, where shall I go? Where shall I attain You? O Supreme Personality who play with Your flute to Your mouth"
- The mind of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was always morose because of a continuously manifested feeling of separation from Krsna
- The party went into a village and waited beneath a tree because no one but Sivananda Sena could arrange for their residential quarters
- The previous year, Jagadananda Pandita, following the Lord's order, had returned to the city of Nadia to see Sacimata
- The son was in the womb of Sivananda's wife, and when Sivananda returned home the son was born
- The wife of Sivananda Sena also came, along with their three sons. Raghava Pandita joined them, carrying his famous bags of food
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu peacefully calmed them all and bade each of them farewell
- There is no fatigue or trouble for Me, for I stay here at Nilacala, Jagannatha Puri, and do not move at all. This is the favor of all of you
- There was a resident of Nadia named Paramesvara, who was a confectioner living near the home of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- They filled a large earthen pot with the aromatic oil, and with great care Jagadananda Pandita brought it to Nilacala, Jagannatha Puri
- They heard confidential narrations about Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu from the mouth of Jagadananda Pandita and forgot themselves in the great happiness of hearing about the Lord
- This oil was placed in the care of Govinda, and Jagadananda requested him, "Please rub this oil on the body of the Lord"
- This was His situation day and night. Unable to find peace of mind, He passed His nights with great difficulty in the company of Svarupa Damodara and Ramananda Raya
- Three days later, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to the door of his room and said, "My dear Jagadananda Pandita, please get up"
- Today my birth, my family and my activities have all become successful. Today I have achieved the fulfillment of religious principles, economic development, satisfaction of the senses and ultimately devotional service to Lord Krsna
- Today You have accepted me as Your servant and have properly punished me for my offense
- Vasudeva Datta and Murari Gupta were so pleased to see Jagadananda Pandita that they kept him at their homes and would not allow him to leave
- Vasudeva Datta, Murari Gupta, Vidyanidhi and many other devotees went to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. All together, they numbered two or three hundred
- Very pleased at being kicked, Sivananda Sena quickly arranged for a milkman's house to be the Lord's residence
- When all the devotees heard these sweet words of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, their hearts melted, and they began to shed incessant tears
- When Govinda informed Jagadananda Pandita of this message, Jagadananda remained silent, not saying even a word
- When he arrived, he offered prayers at her lotus feet and then offered her the cloth and prasadam of Lord Jagannatha
- When he offered his obeisances to the Lord, he said, "I am the same Paramesvara." Upon seeing him, the Lord asked him questions with great affection
- When Lord Nityananda heard this, He was very happy. He rose and embraced Sivananda Sena in great love
- When Srikanta offered obeisances to the Lord, he was still wearing his shirt and coat. Therefore Govinda told him, "My dear Srikanta, first take off these garments"
- When Srikanta Sena heard the Lord say "He is distressed," he could understand that the Lord is omniscient
- When ten days had passed, Govinda again told Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "It is the desire of Jagadananda Pandita that Your Lordship accept the oil"
- When the Lord heard this, He angrily said, "Why not keep a masseur to massage Me"
- When the Lord was a boy, He would visit the house of Paramesvara Modaka again and again. The confectioner would supply the Lord milk and sweetmeats, and the Lord would eat them
- Whenever Jagadananda Pandita went to visit a devotee's house, that devotee immediately forgot himself in great happiness
- Who can estimate the limit of Jagadananda Pandita's fortune? He himself is the example of his own great fortune