Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
spices | spice | spiced | spicy
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Spices"
The following 21 pages are in this category, out of 21 total.
- She (Rukmini) also offered fruits, sugarcane, betel nuts and spices. With great devotion, Rukmini offered them to the deity (Durga) according to the regulative principles, directed by the old brahmana ladies
- She powdered fried grains of fine rice, moistened the powder with ghee and cooked it in a solution of sugar. Then she added camphor, black pepper, cloves, cardamom and other spices and rolled the mixture into balls that were very palatable and aromatic
- So far as controlling "kam" or lust, best thing is don't eat any highly spiced food stuffs and always think of Krishna. Chant regularly and get yourself married as soon as possible, and live a peaceful householder's life in Krishna Consciousness
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "These ingredients, such as sugar, camphor, black pepper, cardamom, cloves, butter, spices and licorice, are all material. Everyone has tasted these material substances before"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stood up and washed His hands and mouth, while Jagadananda Pandita brought spices, a garland and sandalwood pulp
- The Deity (Madhavendra Puri's Gopala deity) was first offered many varieties of food, then scented drinking water in new pots, and then water for washing the mouth. Finally pan mixed with a variety of spices was offered
- The Lord was then given spices to purify His mouth. Afterwards He was made to rest, and Vallabha Bhattacarya personally massaged His legs
- The use of pan, haritaki, betel nuts, various spices used in pan-making, tobacco, LSD, marijuana, opium, liquor, coffee and tea is indulged in to fulfill illicit demands
- They (gopis) first ate havisyanna, a kind of food prepared by boiling together mung dal and rice without any spices or turmeric. According to Vedic injunction, this kind of food is recommended to purify the body before one enacts a ritualistic ceremony
- When Akrura finished eating, Balarama gave him betel nut and spices, as well as pulp of sandalwood, just to make him more pleased and comfortable
- When all the Vaisnavas had finished eating, Vallabha Bhatta brought a large quantity of garlands, sandalwood pulp, spices and betel. He worshiped the devotees very respectfully and became extremely happy
- When the milk and curd are kept high on a swing hanging from the ceiling and Krsna and Balarama cannot reach it, They arrange to reach it by piling up various planks and turning upside down the mortar for grinding spices
- With regard to this problem I recommend that in your diet you take no spices. Furthermore you should see that the bowels are cleared daily