Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
slack | slacken | slackened | slackening | slackens | slacking | slackness | slacks
Pages in category "Slack"
The following 42 pages are in this category, out of 42 total.
- Although Jambavan was the strongest living entity of that time, practically all the joints of his bodily limbs became slackened and his strength was reduced practically to nil, for he was struck constantly by the fists of Sri Krsna
- As far as Mother Yasoda's anxieties are concerned, when Krsna was out of the house in the pasturing ground, a devotee once told her, "Yasoda, I think your movements have been slackened, and I see that you are full of anxieties
- I just want to see that these books be printed, whether it be on our own press or by Dai Nippon; that is my ambition. I have become slackened in my dictaphone work because the manuscripts already there are not being pushed ahead
- If a person is carried away by such achievements, then his devotional service becomes slackened. One should, therefore, strictly adhere to the principles of disciplic succession
- If he (a devotee) becomes slack in following any of them, his progress will certainly be checked
- If he could not execute properly, he could not chant sixteen rounds, he could not observe the rules and regulations or for sometimes he could execute and then again, he became slackened. Just like sometimes we see some of our student falls down
- If this routine work is always done nicely and never neglected, then our all success is guaranteed in whatever we do. But if this our regular KC program is allowed to slacken, then everything else we try will fail. That is the simple formula for success
- If we remain Krsna conscious Vaisnavas, then our position is strong, If there is slackness, then they will come to kill us
- In a big machine, even one screw is slack, the machine stops. You know that? So we should not commit such mistake. "Don't care. It is a small screw." No. Even that small screw can stop the whole machine
- In great ecstatic love they both began to cry, and thus their minds were slackened
- In the house of Kasi Misra, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would sometimes be greatly aggrieved, feeling separation from Krsna. The joints of His transcendental body would slacken, and His arms and legs would become elongated
- Inform your husband that I am seriously compiling one book "Nectar of Devotion'' about 400 pages. Therefore I am little slack in sending tapes of S.B
- Its joints are all separated beneath the skin, which is completely slack. No one could see it and remain alive in his body
- Maya can take Krishna's place in our heart as soon as there is a slackness on our part. Otherwise, if Krishna's seated always, maya has no opportunity to occupy the seat. Try to follow this method and you will surely be successful
- Mucukunda told Lord Krsna, "I was very much fatigued due to not resting for many thousands of years, and because of this all my bodily limbs were slack and almost incapable of acting"
- Saubhari Muni thought: I am now feeble because of old age. My hair has become grey, my skin is slack, and my head always trembles. Besides, I am a yogi. Therefore women do not like me
- So many temples. I have given my program how to manage it. Now you see. That is my anxiety, that there may not be any discrepancies or slackness. Am I right or wrong?
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu requested Raghupati Upadhyaya to continue speaking about the pastimes of Sri Krsna. Thus the Lord was absorbed in ecstatic love, and His mind and body slackened
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "When she was churning butter and tightly holding the rope, the bangles on her hands and the earrings on her ears were moving, and from the nice decoration in her hair the flowers were slackening and falling down"
- The ecstatic symptoms manifest in the external body of a person in ecstatic love are called udbhasvara by learned scholars. Some of these are a slackening of the belt and a dropping of clothes and hair
- The first victim of brahminical injustice was Maharaja Pariksit, and thus the protection given by the King against the onslaught of Kali was slackened
- The Lord's body was stretched, and His skin was slack and hanging loose. To lift Him and take Him the long distance home would have been impossible
- The physiological attraction for women is very great, and therefore people are very slack in spiritual understanding
- The vibration of His flute slackens the knots of their underwear even in front of their husbands. Thus the gopis are forced to abandon their household duties and come before Lord Krsna. In this way all social etiquette, shame and fear are vanquished
- The word initiation means "to begin'' not that when he is initiated a disciple becomes slack; rather upon initiation he begins spiritual life in earnest
- Their (the damsels) hair loosened, their clothes slackened, and their garlands began to fall to the ground
- They (different rulers of the world) were very weak due to hunger, and their faces had lost all beauty and luster. The kings' long imprisonment had caused every part of their bodies to become slack and invalid
- Transcendental service to the Lord is not mundane. The service attitude of the devotee gradually increases and never becomes slackened
- We shall not allow us to fall down, but even if we fall down, there is no loss. But that does not mean I shall be slack and allow me to fall down. Yes. We must be very serious. That should be our motto
- When Raghunatha dasa's father and mother saw that their son was acting like a householder, they became very happy. Because of this, they slackened their guard
- When the young girls heard that Lord Krsna, the only object worth seeing, was passing on the road, they were very eager to see this all-famous personality. Their hair loosened, & their tightened saris became slack due to their hastily rushing to see Him