Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
sister | sisterly | sisters | sister's
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Sister"
The following 118 pages are in this category, out of 118 total.
- A man should not associate with a woman in a solitary place, not even with his mother, sister or daughter, for the senses are so strong that they lead astray even a person advanced in knowledge
- A small child, when he begins to walk, he requires the help of his elder brother or sister or father or mother to catch, and one step, one step, one step, one step... But when he begins to walk independently, then he doesn't require any help
- According to the custom of the Vedic civilization, when a girl is married, the brother takes the sister and brother-in-law to their home
- Adharma, Irreligion, was also a son of Brahma, and he married his sister Mrsa. This is the beginning of sex life between brother and sister. This unnatural combination of sex life can be possible in human society only where there is Adharma, or Irreligion
- Aghasura happened to be the younger brother of Putana and Bakasura, and he thought, "Krsna has killed my brother and sister. Now I shall kill Him along with all His friends and calves." Aghasura was instigated by Kamsa, so he had come with determination
- Although Rukmi was a veritable enemy of Krsna, he had great affection for his sister, Rukmini, and wanted to please her in all respects
- Ambika had a younger sister named Kilimbika who was Narayani
- Any god-brother's wife or any unmarried girl in our society should be always treated as mother and sister. Any married woman should be treated as mother
- As far as Rukmi was concerned, his promise was not fulfilled, nor was his mission successful. He had come from home with his soldiers, military phalanx to defeat Krsna, release his sister, but on the contrary he lost all his soldiers & military strength
- Because Devaki bore Durgadevi in her womb, Kamsa praised both Devaki and her husband. Asuras are very devoted to the goddess Durga, Kali and so forth. Kamsa, therefore, truly astonished, appreciated the exalted position of his sister and brother-in-law
- Because he (Rukmi) was a ksatriya, he could remember his promise that he would not return to his capital city, Kundina, without killing Krsna and releasing his sister, which he had failed to do
- By your gracious connection with your family, all the members of your family, namely, your sister, your two younger brothers, as well as your mother, are coming in contact with Krishna Consciousness
- Daksa was so cruel that he would not save her (Prasuti's) youngest daughter, Sati, from the act of committing suicide in the presence of her sisters
- Devaki must have had some transcendental qualities; otherwise why would the goddess Durga have taken birth from her womb? Under the circumstances, Kamsa, struck with wonder, wanted to compensate for his atrocities against his sister Devaki
- Enmity always blazed in Rukmi’s heart because of his having been insulted by Krsna's kidnapping of his sister, Rukmini, Rukmi could not resist consenting to the marriage ceremony just to please Rukmini when his daughter selected Pradyumna as her husband
- Everyone is advised that one should not freely mix even with one's daughter or with one's mother or with one's sister
- Everyone who is in this material world, forgotten God, or Krsna, he is already intoxicated. Just like intoxicated man, he cannot recognize even his father, mother, or even his sister or mother. It has been practical
- Family means wife and a few children, or one or two children. That is called family. But family does not mean in India like that. Family means a joined family. Joined family, the father, the sons, the nephews, the sister, husbands. They join together
- For the pastimes of the Ratha-yatra ceremony, Lord Jagannatha got aboard one car, and His sister, Subhadra, and elder brother, Balarama, got aboard two other cars
- From deductive, you accept that man is mortal. Your father says man is mortal, your sister says man is mortal, everyone says man is mortal - but you do not experiment. You accept it as a fact that man is mortal
- Having seen his sister (Rukmini) forcibly taken away by Krsna after he had planned to marry her to Sisupala, Rukmi was frustrated
- Having uprooted all relationships with his sister because of intense selfishness, Kamsa, who was sitting on his knees, grasped the newborn child by the legs and tried to dash her against the surface of a stone
- He (Kamsa) was acting as his sister's chariot driver, but as soon as he heard that his self-interest or his life was at risk, he forgot all affection for her and immediately became a great enemy. This is the nature of demons
- He (Lord Krsna) was nursed by a woman named Ambika, who had a younger sister named Kilimbika. During the time of Lord Caitanya's incarnation, the same Kilimbika used to eat the remnants of food left by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- He (Rukmi) presented himself as a big commander and vowed before all the princes, "Unless I kill Krsna in the fight and bring back my sister from His clutches, I shall not return to my capital city, Kundina"
- His (Kasisvara Gosani's) surname was Caudhuri. His nephew, his sister's son, who was named Rudra Pandita, was the original priest of Vallabhapura, which is situated about one mile from the Sriramapura railway station in the village of Catara
- Hog means he can eat any nonsense thing, whole day working, if he gets sex. Never mind whether mother, sister or daughter or any. You see the hog's family. They are very much sexually inclined, without any discrimination, and eating stool
- However advanced one may be in restraining the senses, it is almost impossible for a man to keep himself controlled in the presence of a woman, even if she is his own daughter, mother or sister
- I am pleased to note that you & your nice sister, Indira Dasi, are making and tending to Lord Jagannatha deities. You should place these deities on sale in Gargamuni's store for selling. In this way, you will make some money for doing your painting work
- I have several times spoken to you that in my, when I was about six months old, I remember, I remember I was lying down on my eldest sister's lap, and she was knitting. I still remember it very vividly
- I remember when I was playing on the lap of my eldest sister, I remember still, and my body at that time six months old. But I still remember my eldest sister, she was nine years older than me, and I was playing on her lap and she was knitting
- I think that because you are unable to tend the Deities in the temple, that you and your sister, Ekayani, may serve the small Radha-Krishna Deities which you will be receiving soon. Try to follow all the rules and regulations of Deity worship
- I was worshiping in my house. Whatever I was eating, I was offering, and I was following the ceremonies of this Radha-Govinda with my small Deity. That Deity is still existing. I have given to my sister. So then I introduced Ratha-yatra
- If somehow or other I can make Krsna and His associates serve as the last offering of sesame and water for the departed souls of my brother and sister, then the inhabitants of Vrajabhumi, for whom these boys are the life and soul, will automatically die
- If you love only your brother or sister, that is not universal love. Universal love means you love everyone. That universal love can be developed by Krsna consciousness, not by otherwise
- In Hajipura there was a gentlemen named Srikanta, who happened to be the husband of Sanatana Gosvami's sister
- In the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika it is mentioned that the gopi named Gunamala appeared as Raghava Pandita’s sister Damayanti
- In the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika it is said that Sikhi Mahiti was formerly an assistant of Srimati Radharani named Ragalekha. His sister Madhavi was also an assistant of Srimati Radharani and was named Kalakeli
- In the primary stage a child loves his parents, then his brothers and sisters, and as he daily grows up he begins to love his family, society, community, country, nation, or even the whole human society
- In the Vedic system of marriage, the importance of the gotra, or family, was stressed. Arjuna also married Subhadra, although she was his maternal cousin-sister
- In this meeting at Kuruksetra, Kuntidevi and Vasudeva, who were sister and brother, met after a long separation, along with their respective sons and daughters-in-law, children and other family members
- In Vrndavana You also have Your father's elder brothers, Your father's younger brothers, maternal uncles, husbands of Your father's sisters and many cowherd men. There are also cowherd boyfriends, and You eat twice a day, morning and evening
- Iravati, being the daughter of Maharaja Uttara, was the cousin-sister of Maharaja Pariksit, but cousin-brothers and -sisters were allowed to get married if they did not belong to the same gotra, or family
- Kalakanya was sent by Narada Muni to Yavana-raja so that she might become his wife, but instead of accepting her as his wife, Yavana-raja accepted her as his sister
- Kamsa said, "My dear sister, having seen your dear son Krsna, I think that He is so strong that He can kill even wrestlers strong as the mountains"
- Kamsa was affectionate toward his sister, and therefore he had become the chariot driver to carry her and his brother-in-law to their home
- Kamsa was driving the chariot and controlling the reins with his left hand, but as soon as he heard the omen that his sister's eighth child would kill him, he gave up the reins, caught hold of his sister's hair, and with his right hand took up a sword
- Kamsa was so cruel that he did not listen to the pitiful prayers of his sister Devaki. He forcibly grabbed the newborn child to rebuke his sister and attempted to dash her on the stone mercilessly
- Karna is the half brother of Arjuna, as he was born of Kunti before her marriage with King Pandu. Krpacarya's twin sister married Dronacarya
- King Kamsa was attracted to Krsna because of fearfulness. Kamsa was always fearful of Krsna because it had been foretold that his sister's son, Krsna, would kill him. Sisupala was also always envious of Krsna
- Krpacarya later became a great general like Dronacarya, and his sister was married to Dronacarya
- Krsna and Yogamaya appeared as brother and sister - the Supreme Powerful and the supreme power. Although there is no clear distinction between the Powerful and the power, power is always subordinate to the Powerful
- Krsna means all-attractive, includes everything. Why everything? Because Krsna is the center. Just like in a family, if you love your father, then you love your brothers, sisters, the servant of your father, the home of your father, your mother
- Krsna's father's sister, Kunti, was the mother of the Pandavas, and Kunti was the family daughter-in-law in the Kurus' family. So they were very intimately related
- Kutila said, "Krsna, You are standing here, and Radharani, who has just been married to my brother, is also standing here. Now I know both of You very well, so why should I not be very anxious to protect my sister-in-law from Your dancing eyes"
- Maitreya told Vidura: O great soul, from Dambha and Maya were born Greed and Nikrti, or Cunning. From their combination came children named Krodha (Anger) and Himsa (Envy), and from their combination were born Kali and his sister Durukti (Harsh Speech)
- Mandhata begot three sons in the womb of Bindumati, the daughter of Sasabindu. These sons were Purukutsa, Ambarisa, and Mucukunda, a great mystic yogi. These three brothers had fifty sisters, who all accepted the great sage Saubhari as their husband
- My dear brothers and sisters, do not therefore consider this movement as sectarian or meant for any particular nation or community
- My father was a pure devotee of the Lord, and when I (Srila Prabhupada) was only four or five years old, my father gave me a couple of forms of Radha and Krsna. In a playful manner, I used to worship these Deities along with my sister
- My father was pure Vaisnava, and he gave me and my sister the Radha Krishna Deities to worship, and in this way we were trained
- My sister from Calcutta has addressed me one letter that she has heard by some source that I am coming to Mayapur during the great festival. This means that some of our godbrothers and sisters may be expecting me during the ensuing festival there
- Nanda Maharaja said, "Kamsa's protection is just like the slaughterhouse keeper’s protection of animals he will kill in the future. He is so selfish that he has killed the sons of his own sister"
- Nobody is your father, nobody is your mother, nobody is your sister, nobody. It is simply mayic, illusory combination. Illusory combination, temporary combination. And we are so much attached to this combination
- Now it appears that even the celestial denizens speak lies. Because I (Kamsa) believed in the words of the celestial denizens, I have committed so many sins by killing the children of my sister. My dear Vasudeva and Devaki, you are both very great souls
- Oh, you, you plundered my father in the place of pilgrimage. You gave him some LSD or something, (laughter) intoxication. You took all the money from my father. Now you say that he has promised to offer you my youngest sister. You fool!
- One is subjected to the influence of Yavana-raja and his sister (Kalakanya) due to impious activity
- One should not sit closely with one's mother, sister or daughter, for the senses are so strong that they may attract even a person advanced in knowledge
- Please always talk about Krishna amongst you two sisters, and enjoy life. This is very good opportunity that you are talking and painting about Krishna, so that your mind, hand, and attention are all absorbed in Krishna samadhi
- Please go to the sister of Sikhi Mahiti. In my name, ask her for a mana of white rice and bring it here
- Pradyumna said, "My sisters-in-law will play jokes upon me with sarcastic words" ‘My dear hero, how have you become such a coward? How have you become a eunuch? How have you become so low in the eyes of the fighters who opposed you?'
- Prasuti, the wife of Daksa, along with the other women assembled, became very anxious and said: This danger has been created by Daksa because of the death of Sati, who, even though completely innocent, quit her body as her sisters looked on
- Raghava Pandita's sister Damayanti was the dear maidservant of the Lord. She always collected various ingredients with which to cook for Lord Caitanya
- Regarding the new names of your sister and mother-in-law - why are you giving them spiritual names? You are not authorized to do this. Spiritual names are given by the spiritual master at the time of initiation. It is not to be done as a whimsical act
- Rukmi continued, "You (Krsna) have stolen my sister (Rukmini); now I shall relieve You of Your false prestige. You can keep my sister in Your possession only until I beat You to the ground for good with my arrows"
- Rukmi said, "This cowherd boy (Krsna) has become proud of His tricky way of fighting with ksatriyas, today I shall teach Him a good lesson. Because He had the impudence to kidnap my sister, I, with my sharp arrows, shall teach Him good lessons indeed"
- Rukmi's sister, Rukmini, understanding that this time Krsna would not excuse her brother, fell down at Krsna's lotus feet and in a very grievous tone, trembling with great fear, began to plead with her husband
- Sati said to Lord Siva: I also (like my sisters) desire to decorate myself with the ornaments given to me by my father (Daksa) and go there (the great sacrificial ceremony of Daksa) with you to participate in that assembly
- Sati said to Lord Siva: I think that all my sisters must have gone to this great sacrificial ceremony (of Daksa) with their husbands just to see their relatives
- Satyabhama is one of the queens of Lord Krsna in Dvaraka, and when she was married to Krsna, the son of her nurse was allowed to go with her because they had lived together from childhood as brother and sister
- Sexual desire is so powerful that one is saturated with it if he stays in a solitary place with any woman, even his mother, sister or daughter
- She (Rukmini) did not want it to be at the loss of her elder brother (Rukmi), who, after all, loved his young sister and wanted to hand her over to one who, according to his own calculations, was a better man
- Sikhi Mahiti's sister was named Madhavi-devi. She was an elderly lady who always performed austerities. She was very advanced in devotional service
- Speaking of "your sister" was an appeal to identity. Speaking about killing a woman raises questions about fame and welfare, and arousing fear of the sinful act of killing one's sister during her marriage ceremony is an aspect of bheda
- Subhadra: Daughter of Vasudeva and sister of Lord Sri Krsna. She was not only a very dear daughter of Vasudeva, but also a very dear sister to both Krsna and Baladeva. The two brothers and sister are represented in the famous Jagannatha temple of Puri
- The brothers had one young sister, Rukmini. She was beautiful and chaste and was meant to be married to Lord Krsna. Many saintly persons and sages like Narada Muni used to visit the palace of King Bhismaka
- The five daughters of King Sura, named Prtha, Srutadeva, Srutakirti, Srutasrava and Rajadhidevi, were Vasudeva's sisters. Sura gave Prtha to his friend Kunti, who had no issue, and therefore another name of Prtha was Kunti
- The husband of one's sister is considered one's brother. By that social relationship, Lord Siva happened to be the younger brother of Kasyapa
- The King of the mlecchas and yavanas requested the daughter of Time, Kalakanya, to become his sister. There was no need to ask her to become his wife, for the yavanas and mlecchas do not make distinctions as far as sex life is concerned
- The King of the Yavanas continued: Here is my brother Prajvara. I now accept you (Kalakanya) as my sister. I shall employ both of you, as well as my dangerous soldiers, to act imperceptibly within this world
- The kings of Avantipura (now known as Ujjain) were named Vindya and Anuvindya. Both kings were under the control of Duryodhana. They had one sister, named Mitravinda, who was a very qualified, learned and elegant girl, the daughter of one of Krsna's aunts
- The name of the wife of Daksa was Prasuti, and she was the daughter of Svayambhuva Manu. Her sister, Devahuti, was married to Kardama Muni, and Kapiladeva, the Personality of Godhead, became her son. Prasuti, then, was the aunt of Lord Visnu
- The news of her (the sparrow's) activity spread, and at last Garuda, the gigantic bird carrier of Lord Visnu, heard it. He became compassionate toward his small sister bird, and so he came to see the sparrow
- The princesses, being attracted by Saubhari Muni, gave up their sisterly relationship and quarreled among themselves, each one of them contending, "This man is just suitable for me, and not for you"
- The senses are so mad and strong that they can bewilder even the most sensible and learned man. Therefore it is advised that one should not indulge in living alone even with one's mother, sister or daughter
- The senses are so strong that when one becomes infatuated, the senses do not consider the relationship of daughter, mother or sister
- The son said, "Oh, you are most degraded! You want to marry my sister, just like a dwarf who wants to catch the moon"
- Thinking of her (Kunti's) birthplace and beginning to cry, she asked Akrura whether her father, mother, brothers, sisters and other friends at home still remembered her. She especially inquired about Krsna and Balarama, her glorious nephews
- This contact of the living entity with the material manifestation has neither integration nor disintegration. My (Balarama's) dear chaste sister-in-law (Rukmini), the spirit soul is, of course, the cause of this material body
- Those who are in Krsna consciousness and are engaged in devotional service under the instructions of Narada Muni are not subjected to the influence of Yamaraja and his sister Jara
- Those who do not follow the Vedic principles are unrestricted as far as sex life is concerned. Consequently they sometimes do not hesitate to have sex with their sisters. In this age of Kali there are many instances of such incest
- To show his prestige, Rukmi promised all the returning kings, "You could not help Sisupala marry my sister, Rukmini, but I cannot allow Rukmini to be taken away by Krsna. I shall teach Him a lesson. Now I am going to follow Him
- Vasudeva talked with Kamsa in such an illuminating way, Kamsa became very much pleased, and his guilt for killing his nephews subsided. With the permission of his sister Devaki and brother-in-law Vasudeva, he returned to his home with a relieved mind
- Vrddhasarma, the King of Karusa, married Kunti's sister Srutadeva, and from her womb Dantavakra was born. Having been cursed by the sages headed by Sanaka, Dantavakra had formerly been born as the son of Diti named Hiranyaksa
- What was described as Kalakanya should be understood as old age. No one wants to accept old age, but Yavanesvara (Yavana-raja), who is death, accepts Jara (old age) as his sister
- When he heard the prophecy that he would be killed by her eighth son, this uncivilized man, Kamsa, was immediately ready to kill his innocent sister on the occasion of her marriage
- When the mother Vedas (sruti) is questioned as to whom to worship, she says that You are the only Lord and worshipable object. Similarly, the corollaries of the sruti-sastras, the smrti-sastras, give the same instructions, just like sisters
- When the negotiation of the marriage of Aniruddha with Rocana was complete, big marriage party accompanied Aniruddha & started from Dvaraka. They traveled until Bhojakata, which Rukmi had colonized after his sister had been kidnapped by Krsna
- When Vasudeva saw that Kamsa was determined to kill his sister Devaki, he thought to himself very deeply. Considering the imminent danger of death, he thought of another plan to stop Kamsa
- While Kamsa was speaking to his brother-in-law and sister, tears flowed from his eyes, and he fell down at their feet. Believing the words of Durga-devi, whom he had tried to kill, Kamsa immediately released his brother-in-law and sister
- Within this world, Caitanya Mahaprabhu had three and a half very confidential devotees. The three were Svarupa Gosani, Sri Ramananda Raya and Sikhi Mahiti, and Sikhi Mahiti's sister, Madhavidevi, being a woman, was considered the half