Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Significance"
The following 52 pages are in this category, out of 52 total.
- A devotee in full Krsna consciousness appears superficially to be a great karmi, always working, but the inner significance of the devotee's activities is that they are meant for the satisfaction of the Supreme Lord
- A living being and the Lord cannot be distinguished simply by the difference in the magnitude of the body. So the answer depends on the specific significance of the body of the Lord, as distinguished from the body of the common living being
- Although in other places the incarnations are described as bhagavan because of their specific functions, nowhere are they declared to be the Supreme Personality. In this stanza the word svayam signifies the supremacy as the summum bonum
- Although this is figurative language, it conveys the meaning behind the appearance of Caitanya Mahaprabhu. The full significance of His appearance will be explained in later chapters
- At the seventh door they found two doormen of the same age. The significance of the doormen's being of the same age is that in the Vaikuntha planets there is no old age, so one cannot distinguish who is older than whom
- Bhagavan api signifies that this dance is not like the ordinary dancing of young boys and young girls
- Bhakti is not achieved by studying. Bhakti stage is achieved by practice. That is the special significance of our institution, that we are engaging our men in practicing. Therefore they are getting knowledge - not by reading
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared to glorify the significance of the holy name. He is actually the acarya, namacarya, but He transferred His namacarya-ship to Haridasa Thakura
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu requested the blessings of a grhastha. This incident shows the special significance of Caitanya Mahaprabhu's preaching. He gave equal status to everyone, regardless of material considerations. His movement is thoroughly spiritual
- Each and every mantra has its own spiritual significance. The spiritual master has to select a mantra for his disciple according to the disciple's ability to chant different mantras
- Every individual being must have his opinion; that is the significance of individuality, but all such differences of opinions must coincide in Krishna
- I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) was greatly pleased to have the garland signifying the order of the Lord, and then and there I commenced to write this book (Sri Caitanya-caritamrta)
- I was greatly pleased to have the garland signifying the order of the Lord, and then and there I commenced to write this book
- In the Brahma Purana it is said, "The transcendental significance of Purusottama-ksetra, which is the 80-square-mile field of Lord Jagannatha, cannot be properly described"
- In the planet known as Bharata-varsa there are many rivers and mountains, as there are in other tracts of land, yet Bharata-varsa has special significance because in this tract of land there exists the Vedic principle of varnasrama-dharma
- It is said by the Lord that His topics are all full of spiritual significance, and once one properly hears about Him in the association of the satam, certainly one senses the great potency and so automatically attains to the devotional stage of life
- It is significant that Lord Siva personally offered his prayers to the Supreme Personality of Godhead just as he was taught by his father, Lord Brahma. Similarly, he was also preaching to the princes according to the parampara system
- Scientists of the material world have invented atomic weapons, and when tested in a city or some insignificant place on this planet, such powerful weapons create so-called havoc, but if atomic weapons are tested on the sun, what is their significance?
- So the word pavarga signifies our struggle for existence and our meeting with defeat, exhaustion, bondage, fearfulness and, at last, death
- Srila Prabodhananda Sarasvati has analyzed all kinds of benedictions available in this world, and he has clearly declared that for a pure devotee they are all of no significance
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is also a Purana, but the special significance of this Purana is that the activities of the Lord are central and not just supplementary historical facts
- Strictly speaking, both Buddhist philosophy and Sankara's philosophy are but different types of Mayavada dealing on the platform of material existence. Neither of these philosophies has spiritual significance
- The Lord's excellent speech was difficult to comprehend because of its momentous import & its most profound significance. The sages heard it with wide-open ears & pondered it as well. But although hearing, they could not understand what He intended to do
- The real significance of "I" can be realized only when one is situated in the consciousness of "I am the eternal servitor of the Lord
- The saying that the human form of life is the best position for devotional service has its special significance because only in this form can a living entity revive his eternal relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The significance of advancement in transcendental knowledge and detachment from material attraction is exhibited in the personality of a highly advanced devotee
- The significance of being twice-born has been explained in many places in these great literatures, and again one is reminded herewith that birth, executed by the sex life of the father and the mother, is called animal birth
- The significance of offering respectful obeisances to a superior is that the one offering obeisances is obliged to the respected person. In other words, Rukmini implied that she would remain ever grateful to the brahmana
- The significance of spirituality is that everything is eternal and inexhaustible. Everything taken from everything remains everything, or, as has been stated, in the spiritual world one minus one equals one, and one plus one equals one
- The significance of the doormen's being of the same age is that in the Vaikuntha planets there is no old age, so one cannot distinguish who is older than whom
- The specific significance of the (Sudharma) assembly house was that anyone who entered it would be freed from the six kinds of material pangs, namely hunger, thirst, lamentation, illusion, old age and death
- The tongue can thus glorify the name, form, qualities and pastimes of the Lord. The preacher of krsna-katha is always beyond the clutches of death. This is the significance of controlling the urge to speak
- There is similar dance, just like ball dance in your country. But the specific significance of this dance was that Krsna bifurcated Himself in so many boys as many girls there were, and they began to dance in pair
- There is spiritual significance only after one accepts the philosophy of Bhagavad-gita, which culminates in surrendering unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- These symptoms signify that although the gopis' business was not finished, they had become stunned with ecstatic love
- This incident has special significance for devotees. In the beginning, Jambavan could not understand Krsna because his vision was obscured by material attachment
- This specific pastime of the Lord (rasa-lila) has a special significance because anyone who properly learns about this particular pastime of the Lord will certainly be dissuaded from mundane sex desire
- This specific pastime of the Lord (the rasa-lila) has a special significance because anyone who properly learns about this particular pastime of the Lord will certainly be dissuaded from mundane sex desire
- This unique planet, Dhruvaloka, was offered to Maharaja Dhruva. The specific significance of this planet is that until the entire universe is annihilated this planet will remain
- We don't ask you to dance, but the chanter automatically dances. These are the spiritual significance of this movement, and anyone is invited. There is no restriction for any caste, creed and color
- We have to accept this fact and thus understand the historical significance of Bhagavad-gita, without misinterpretation, on the authority of Krsna
- When one is attracted by the transcendental beauty of Radha and Krsna, he is no longer attracted by material feminine beauty. That is the special significance of Radha-Krsna worship
- With a laugh full of deep significance, the worshipful Brahma evolved by his own loveliness, which seemed to enjoy itself by itself, the hosts of Gandharvas and Apsaras