Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
shore | shoreless | shores
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Coast (9 P)
Pages in category "Shore"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.
- A sparrow laid her eggs on the shore of the ocean, but the big ocean carried away the eggs on its waves. The sparrow became very upset and asked the ocean to return her eggs. The ocean did not even consider her appeal
- According to the Indian system of navigation, there is a ceremony on the seashore known as the coconut day. On the coconut day the sea is offered a coconut because she has become peaceful, and from that day on the seagoing vessels sail
- Actually, because you have given your life to Krishna, you are already perfect. But it is just like the ocean, if you are swimming in it you may swim forever and not reach the shore. Similarly, there is no limit to the perfection of Krishna Consciousness
- After performing such wonderful pastimes, Lord Sri Krsna went up on the shore of the Yamuna River, taking with Him all His beloved gopis
- Akrura began to think, "Just as a blade of grass floating on the waves of a river may by chance come near the shore and gain shelter, a conditioned soul carried away by the waves of material existence may sometimes be saved by the grace of Krsna"
- Although one is being carried away by the waves of the river of time, one may eventually reach the shore
- As He (Caitanya Mahaprabhu) floated in the sea, He was washed away to the Konarka temple, where a fisherman, thinking that the Lord's body was a big fish, caught Him in his net and brought Him ashore
- Because of the pastimes in the water, there was great jubilation on the shore, with music, singing, chanting and dancing creating a tumultuous sound
- Bharadvaja: He is one of the seven great rsis and was present at the time of the birth ceremony of Arjuna. The powerful rsi sometimes undertook severe penances on the shore of the Ganges, and his asrama is still celebrated at Prayagadhama
- Brahma can approach the Supreme Lord Visnu, not by seeing Him directly but by standing on the shore of the ocean of milk
- Brahma was accompanied by all the demigods, headed by Siva, and Bhumi also followed. Arriving on the shore of the milk ocean, Brahma began to pacify Lord Visnu, who had formerly saved the earthly planet by assuming the transcendental form of a boar
- For the Lord's appearance, the great sages and the demigods, being pleased, began to shower flowers. At the seashore, there was the sound of mild waves, and above the sea there were clouds in the sky which began to thunder very pleasingly
- From there (Kanyakumari), Balarama went on to visit the pilgrimage city known as Phalguna-tirtha, which is on the shore of the Indian Ocean, or the Southern Ocean
- In the Fifteenth Chapter is a description of how Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu entered a garden on the seashore and mistook it for Vrndavana
- It is not possible to dip into that great ocean, but its sweet mellow fragrance attracts my mind. I therefore stand on the shore of that ocean to try to taste but a drop of it
- Seeing the circumstances, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu finally became calm so that the boat was able to reach the shore of Adaila and land there
- Sri Nityananda Gosvami told him, "I shall take Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to the bank of the Ganges at Santipura, and Advaita Acarya should carefully stay there on shore with a boat"
- Sri Srila Gopinatha, who originated the transcendental mellow of the rasa dance, stands on the shore at Vamsivata and attracts the attention of the cowherd damsels with the sound of His celebrated flute. May they all confer upon us their benediction
- Srinivasa Thakura quickly ran to the seashore. When he saw the tomb of Haridasa Thakura, he immediately fell down offering prayers and almost fainted
- Talking like this, the devotees wandered here and there looking for the Lord. Finally they came to the shore, accompanied by many others
- The energy of the Lord is like a fathomless ocean that remains undisturbed in all circumstances. It is shoreless, without beginning or end
- The energy of the Lord is like a fathomless ocean that remains undisturbed in all circumstances. It is shoreless, without beginning or end; therefore the process which directly manifests from this energy is omnipotent
- The forests on the shore of the Yamuna are all beautiful gardens full of trees of mango, jackfruit, apples, guava, oranges, grapes, berries, palmfruit and so many other plants and fragrant flowers
- The great sages and the demigods, being pleased, began to shower flowers. At the seashore there was the sound of mild waves, and above the sea there were clouds in the sky which began to thunder very pleasingly
- The living entity transmigrating through 8,400,000 species of life is sometimes likened to a log gliding downstream on the waves of a river. Sometimes, by chance, a log washes up on shore and is thus saved from being forced to drift further downstream
- The maha-patra crossed the river with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and when they reached the other shore, the Muslim governor personally received the Lord and worshiped His lotus feet
- The modern astronauts can travel only a few thousand miles away from the earth, and therefore their attempt to travel in the sky is something like child's play on the shore of an expansive ocean
- The pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are just like an unfathomable ocean. It is not possible for me to enter into it. Simply standing on the shore, I am but touching the water
- The shores of Lake Bindu-sarovara abounded with deer, boars, porcupines, gavayas, elephants, baboons, lions, monkeys, mongooses and musk deer
- The Vedic instruction is so nice that the soul, when he jumps over this material ocean, the Vedic instruction teaches him how to swim and come back again to the shore. This swimming process is called sacrifice, charity and penance
- The Viraja, or Causal Ocean, is the border between the spiritual and the material world. The material energy is situated on one shore of that ocean, and it cannot enter onto the other shore, which is the spiritual sky
- Then as soon as he (the elephant) comes onto shore he again takes some dust from the earth and throws it over his body
- They (Sandipani Muni and his wife) decided to ask for the return of their son, who had drowned in the ocean near the shore at Prabhasa-ksetra
- When Brahmaji and other demigods want to consult Lord Visnu, the plenary portion of Lord Krsna, they have to wait on the shore of the ocean of milk where Lord Visnu is lying on White Land Setadvipa
- When Krsna was absent from Vrndavana & was staying in Mathura, Srimati Radharani sent news to Him that His mother, the Queen of Braja, was feeling such separation from Him that there was foam coming from her mouth, like the foam on the shore of the ocean
- When one thinks of Krsna constantly, love for Him manifests within the heart. Even though one may be ignorant, one can reach the far shore of the ocean of transcendental love by Lord Krsna's mercy
- When they arrived at the seashore, they conferred among themselves. Then some of them sought out Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu at Cataka-parvata
- While the Lord was going along the path to Alalanatha, which was located on the seashore, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya gave the following orders to Gopinatha Acarya