Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
shiver | shivered | shivering | shivers
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Shivering"
The following 26 pages are in this category, out of 26 total.
- A devotee once said, "It is very astonishing that since I have seen this Personality of Godhead who is washed by the tears of my eyes, there is shivering of my body, and He has made me a failure in executing my material duties"
- Advaita Acarya led the sankirtana party, and with great pleasure He sang this verse. There was a manifestation of ecstatic perspiration, shivering, raised hairs, tears in the eyes and sometimes thundering and bellowing
- After seeing the transcendental Personality of Godhead (Maha-Visnu), Akrura immediately became overwhelmed with joy and great devotion, and all over his body there was transcendental shivering
- Gauranga Bolite Habe, 1968 Jan 5 - Pulaka-sarira means shivering on the body. When one is factually situated in the transcendental platform, sometimes there are eight kinds of symptoms: crying, talking like a madman, and shivering of the body
- Gauranga Bolite Habe, 1969 Jan 9 - As soon as one will chant the name of Sri Krsna Caitanya, there will be shivering. This is the first symptom that one is getting advanced in the perfectional stage of Krsna consciousness
- I shivered in fear and shed tears. My voice faltered, and all the hairs on my body stood up
- If one's heart does not change, tears do not flow from his eyes, his body does not shiver, and his bodily hairs do not stand on end as he chants the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, it should be understood that his heart is as hard as iron
- In that stage, when one hears about the transcendental pastimes of the Lord, there may be shivering in the body
- In this connection, there is a statement in the Tantras that ecstasy is the first symptom of pure love for the Personality of Godhead, and in that stage one is sometimes found shedding tears or shivering
- There are eight kinds of transcendental changes in the body - tears, shivering of the body, perspiration, restlessness, throbbing, choking of the throat, etc. - and all were manifested by Uddhava in the presence of Vidura
- These symptoms are activities of ecstasy. They are visible in the shivering of the body and the shedding of tears. After the outward appearance of these ecstatic symptoms, they stay within the mind, and continuation of the ecstasy is called samadhi
- When harsa is present, the body shivers, and one's bodily hairs stand on end. There are perspiration, tears and an outburst of passion and madness. The mouth becomes swollen, and one experiences inertia and illusion
- When there is shivering of the body and the hairs of the body stand up, it is to be understood that the devotee is nearing perfection
- When they (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Sri Ramananda Raya) embraced each other, ecstatic symptoms - paralysis, perspiration, tears, shivering, paleness and standing up of the bodily hairs - appeared. The word "Krsna" came from their mouths falteringly
- While this scene (Kaliya and Krsna) was taking place on the bank of the Yamuna, there were ill omens manifest. The earth trembled, meteors fell from the sky, and the left side of men’s bodies shivered. All these are indications of great immediate danger
- With tears in his (Hiranyakasipu's) eyes, his whole body shivering, he began praying in a humble mood, with folded hands and a faltering voice, to satisfy Lord Brahma