Pages in category "Seventeenth"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Above the five senses of perception, the five working senses and the five objects of the senses is the mind, which is the sixteenth element. Above the mind is the seventeenth element, the soul
- Above the mind is the seventeenth element, the soul, the living being himself, who, in cooperation with the other sixteen, enjoys the material world alone. The living being enjoys three kinds of situations, namely happy, distressful and mixed
- The fifteenth branch was Srinatha Cakravarti; the sixteenth, Uddhava; the seventeenth, Jitamitra; and the eighteenth, Jagannatha dasa
- The Seventeenth Chapter (of the fifth canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam) describes the origin of the Ganges River and how it flows in and around Ilavrta-varsa
- The sum and substance of material conditional life is explained in this verse (SB 6.1.51). The living entity, the seventeenth element, is struggling alone, life after life. This struggle is called samsrti, or material conditional life
- The word yoga refers to a certain relationship between the sun and moon as they move in the sky. There are twenty-seven different degrees of yoga, of which the 17th is called Vyatipata. On the day when this occurs, one should perform the sraddha ceremony