"second birth"|"second born, birth"
Pages in category "Second Birth"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- According to Vedic civilization, one is offered a sacred thread as a sign of second birth. One takes his second birth by dint of having received instructions in the sastra from a bona fide spiritual master. Therefore, sastra, scripture, is the real father
- After this, Vasudeva had his sons initiated by sacred thread as the token of second birth, which is essential for the higher castes of human society
- As I have several times explained, when initiation is given, the Spiritual Master becomes the spiritual father and the gayatri mantra becomes the spiritual mother and thus second birth takes place
- One birth is calculated during the seed-giving samskara, and the second birth is calculated at the time of spiritual initiation
- One must accept the original instructions of the sastra. According to Vedic civilization, one is offered a sacred thread as a sign of second birth
- One takes his second birth by dint of having received instructions in the sastra from a bona fide spiritual master
- One takes his second birth by dint of having received instructions in the sastra from a bona fide spiritual master. Therefore, sastra, scripture, is the real father. All the sastras instruct that one should end his material way of life
- Taking the path of tapa is the second birth of the desiring disciple
- The first birth is from the womb of the mother, the second birth is the acceptance of the reformatory method, and the third birth is acceptance by the spiritual master (initiation)
- The first birth is made possible by the actual father, and the second birth is made possible by the spiritual master
- The Manu-samhita (2.140) explains the duties of an acarya, describing that a bona fide spiritual master accepts charge of disciples, teaches them the Vedic knowledge with all its intricacies, and gives them their second birth
- The second birth is by the spiritual master and Vedic knowledge. At that time, the second birth means mother is the Vedic knowledge and father is the spiritual master
- The Vedic knowledge is considered mother, and the spiritual master is considered the father. And by the help of the spiritual master, when one gets into transcendental knowledge, that is called second birth
- The Vedic knowledge is mother and the spiritual master is the father. So the second birth. Therefore, they are called dvija, twice born
- This is called dvija, or the second birth. When you catch hold of a bona fide spiritual master just to guide you to act on the spiritual platform, then your second life begins. It is called dvija. So this life is so important that one must begin it
- When a person goes to the spiritual master, that is his second birth because he is born foolish. Take birth by the combination of father, mother - that is material birth - that is a birth of ignorance, just like animals
- When one approaches a bona fide spiritual master, his second birth is there by advancement of spiritual knowledge, and that sacred thread is offered to him