Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
scorching | scorched | scorches | scorchy | scorch
Pages in category "Scorching"
The following 35 pages are in this category, out of 35 total.
- A great soul may forgive offenses, but Krsna does not excuse offenses to the dust of that great soul's feet, just as one can tolerate the scorching sunshine on one's head but cannot tolerate the scorching sunshine on one's feet
- A strong government is compared to the scorching sunshine in the autumn season, the lilies are compared to unwanted persons like robbers, and the lotus flowers are compared to the satisfied citizens
- Although the sunshine was scorching hot, Vrsabha felt it to be like the moonshine
- Desiring to congratulate its superior friend, the cloud poured not water but small flowers and covered the head of Krsna just like an umbrella to protect Him from the scorching sunshine
- Due to the reduced water and scorching heat from the sun in the autumn, the small creatures living in small reservoirs of water are very much disturbed; they are exactly like uncontrolled persons who are always unhappy from being unable to enjoy life
- During daytime in the autumn, the sun is very scorching, but at night, due to clear moonshine, people get relief from the day’s fatigue. Similarly, one who takes shelter of Mukunda can be saved from the fatigue of misidentifying the body with the self
- During the autumn, the lotus flowers in the lakes grow in large numbers because of the absence of lilies; both the lilies and the lotus flowers grow by sunshine, but during the autumn season the scorching sunshine helps only the lotus
- In India, after the scorching heat of the summer, the rainy season is very welcome. The clouds accumulating in the sky, covering the sun and the moon, become very pleasing to the people, and they expect rainfall at every moment
- In other words, because of the scorching heat, the swans are leaving the lakes. This metaphor is used to describe the condition of the devotees separated from Krsna
- In the Skanda Purana a devotee tells Lord Krsna, "My dear Lord, as the sun evaporates all the water on the ground by its scorching heat, so my mental state has dried away the luster of my face and body, due to separation from You"
- It is said that at the end of creation the sun becomes twelve times more scorching than usual. This twelve-times-hotter temperature is called Siva-jvara
- It is stated that during the reign of Maharaja Yudhisthira there did not even exist severe cold or scorching heat, nor did the citizens suffer from any kind of mental anxiety. This is the standard of good government
- Krsna said, "Individually they (the trees of Vrndavana) are tolerating all kinds of natural disturbances, such as hurricanes, torrents of rain, scorching heat and piercing cold, but they are very careful to relieve our fatigue and give us shelter"
- Krsna was once informed, "It is as if the lakes filled with lotus flowers have dried up from the scorching heat of separation from You"
- The boy showed Madhavendra Puri the bush and said, "I reside in this bush, and because of this I suffer very much from severe cold, rain showers, winds and scorching heat"
- The gopis said, "As the lotus flower, although very delicate and soft, enjoys the scorching heat of the sun”
- The happiness of family life, friends and society is compared to a drop of water in the scorching desert. The entire material world is busy trying to attain happiness because happiness is the prerogative of the living being
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana were never disturbed by the scorching heat of the sun or the high summer temperatures
- The instructions given to King Rahugana by Jada Bharata are very valuable. They are like the medicine that can save one from a snakebite. The Vedic instructions are like nectar and cool water for one suffering from scorching heat
- The Lord distributes His mercy in the form of rains on the scorched earth at times of dire necessity. He supplies rain when we are practically on the verge of death for want of water
- The scorching heat of the autumn sunshine was sometimes intolerable, and therefore the clouds in the sky appeared in sympathy above Krsna and Balarama and Their boyfriends while They engaged in blowing Their flutes
- The tree delivers its fruits, flowers and whatever else it possesses to anyone and everyone. It tolerates scorching heat and torrents of rain, yet it still gives shelter to others
- The welfare state imposes upon citizens scorching taxes - income, sales, land, terminal, and many other taxes. But in due course, when the taxes accumulate into a large sum of money, they are utilized for the welfare of the citizens in various ways
- Thereafter Sanatana Gosvami met the Lord again, and the Lord tested him in scorching heat during the month of Jyaistha
- To counteract the scorching heat of the Siva-jvara, there is no other weapon but the Narayana-jvara. Therefore, when Lord Krsna saw that the Siva-jvara had been released by Lord Siva, He had no recourse other than to release the Narayana-jvara
- When after the dense, dark night there is finally sunrise in the morning, it is very pleasant; when there is scorching heat, cold water is very pleasant
- When Vasudeva was sustaining the form of the Supreme Personality of Godhead within his heart, he appeared just like the glowing sun, whose shining rays are always unbearable and scorching to the common man