This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Caitanya in Santipura (18 P)
Pages in category "Santipura"
The following 20 pages are in this category, out of 20 total.
- According to Sri Narahari dasa, during the last days of his life Acyutananda stayed in his house at Santipura, but during the presence of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu he lived at Jagannatha Puri with Gadadhara Pandita
- After accepting the sannyasa order at Katwa, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu traveled continuously for three days in Radha-desa and, by the trick of Nityananda Prabhu, eventually came to the western side of Santipura
- After three days, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu came to the house of Advaita Acarya at Santipura and accepted alms there. This was His first acceptance of alms. At night He performed congregational chanting there
- Although brahmanas are not the rich men of society, Advaita Acarya, being the leader of the brahmanas in Santipura, was considerably well-to-do
- Although brahmanas are not the rich men of society, Advaita Acarya, being the leader of the brahmanas in Santipura, was considerably well-to-do. Therefore He presented many ornaments to the baby, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- At that time Sri Advaita Acarya Prabhu, in His own house at Santipura, was dancing in a pleasing mood. Taking Haridasa Thakura with Him, He danced and loudly chanted Hare Krsna. But why they were dancing, no one could understand
- Haridasa Thakura was born in a village known as Budhana but after some time came to live on the bank of the Ganges at Phuliya, near Santipura
- Haridasa Thakura was unhappy when he heard that the brahmana Gopala Cakravarti had been attacked by leprosy. Thus after informing Balarama Acarya, the priest of Hiranya Majumadara, he went to Santipura, the home of Advaita Acarya
- He (Lord Caitanya) was in full ecstasy over the idea of going to Vrndavana. However, Srila Nityananda diverted His path and brought Him instead to the house of Advaita Prabhu in Santipura
- In the accounts of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu's dancing in front of the car during the Ratha-yatra festival, Acyutananda's name is to be found many times. It is stated that in the party of Advaita Acarya from Santipura, Acyutananda was dancing
- It appears that Advaita Acarya had two different houses, one at Santipura and one at Navadvipa. When Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was born, Advaita Acarya was residing not at His Navadvipa house but at His Santipura house
- The second son of Advaita Acarya, Krsna Misra, had two sons, Raghunatha Cakravarti and Dola-govinda. The descendants of Raghunatha still live in Santipura, in the neighborhoods of Madana-gopala-pada, Ganakara, Mrjapura and Kumarakhali
- The village Ambika-kalana, which is situated just across the river Ganges from Santipura, is two miles east of the Kalana-korta railway station, on the Eastern Railway. In Ambika-kalana there is a temple constructed by the zamindar of Burdwan
- There was another party (for the Ratha-yatra) that came from Santipura and was formed by Advaita Acarya. Acyutananda was the dancer, and the rest of the men were singers