Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
roof | roofing | roofless | roofs | rooftop | rooftops
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Dome (3 P)
Pages in category "Roof"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- After composing this verse and putting it on the roof of his house, Srila Rupa Gosvami went to bathe in the sea. In the meantime, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to his hut to meet him
- After composing this verse, Rupa Gosvami wrote it on a palm leaf and put it on the roof of the thatched house in which he was living
- After writing this verse on a palm leaf, Rupa Gosvami put it somewhere in his thatched roof and went to bathe in the sea
- At that time, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went there to meet him, and when He saw the leaf pushed into the roof and saw the verse, He began to read it
- I may suggest that you make one roof garden. On the top of the house you can put soil of six inches and then plant so many tulsi plants and nice bushes. I like garden very much. Just like here in Los Angeles Temple they have made one very nice garden
- I worship Lord Kesava. Coming back from the forest of Vraja, He is worshiped by the gopis, who mount the roofs of their palaces and meet Him on the path with a hundred manners of dancing glances and gentle smiles
- On the top of every house, flags were flapping, and the golden waterpots kept on the roofs shone brilliantly
- Only those who go through life being kicked about by fate, slaving hard to fill their bellies and maintain a roof overhead, can harbor so preposterous a wish as to compete with the omnipotent Supreme Controller. It is ludicrous
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya requested the King, "Go up on the roof of the palace. Gopinatha Acarya knows every one of the devotees. He will identify them for you"
- Some of them (ladies) had been taking their lunch, but as soon as they heard that Krsna and Balarama were in the city, they left their eating and ran to the roofs
- Some of them (ladies) placed their clothes in the wrong place. Some anointed their eyes on one side only, some wore ankle bells only on one leg or wore only one earring. In great haste, not even decorated properly, they went to see Krsna from the roofs
- The Gandharva Visvavasu, while flying in the sky, could see Devahuti playing ball on the roof of the palace. Ball playing was also current, but aristocratic girls would not play in a public place
- The ladies got up on the roofs just to have a look at the procession and the Lord. The ladies did not mix with the crowd on the street, and thus their respectability was perfectly observed. There was no artificial equality with the man
- The procession of elephants, horses, chariots and infantry was very crowded; some of the girls, being unable to see properly in the crowd, got up on the roofs of the houses
- The sinful list we have given, the four principles, illicit sex life, intoxication, meat-eating & gambling. These are the four pillars of sinful life. We request our students first of all break these four pillars. So the roof of sinful life will collapse
- The young queens of Krsna were always dressed with excellent ornaments and garments and were always engaged in sportive activities like dancing, singing or playing ball on the roofs of the palaces
- They (lady) had heard of Krsna, but they had never seen Him, and now their longing was relieved. After going up on the roofs of the palaces of Mathura, the ladies, their faces joyful, began to shower flowers upon Krsna and Balarama
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to the residence of Srila Rupa Gosvami, He accidentally saw the palm leaf on the roof, and thus He read the verse composed by him
- When the news spread that Krsna, Balarama and the cowherd boys were within Mathura City, all the inhabitants gathered, and the ladies and girls immediately went up to the roofs of the houses to see Them
- Within & outside of the houses there were varieties of artistic paintings, done with rice pulp, & scented water was sprinkled everywhere, even on the roads & streets. Ceilings & roofs were decorated with different kinds of flags, festoons & green leaves