Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
rod | rods | rod's
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Rod"
The following 54 pages are in this category, out of 54 total.
- A petari is a kind of big basket that is carried in pairs on the ends of a rod balanced over the shoulders. The man who carries such a load is called a bhari
- Accepting Advaita Acarya's challenge, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu took a big rod and began to wheel it around and around. Again and again He threw the rod into the sky and caught it when it fell
- After reading the verse, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went into an ecstatic mood. While He was in that state, Srila Rupa Gosvami came and immediately fell down on the floor like a rod
- After this introduction, everyone fell to the ground like rods. Being very merciful upon them all, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced each one of them
- As soon as Kesi reached Him, Krsna pushed His left arm within the horse's mouth, and it looked as though a big snake had entered a hole in the field. The horse felt great pain because Krsna's arm felt to him like a hot iron rod
- At that time, one of Her (Radharani's) friends chastised Her in the following words: "My dear friend, You are allowing Yourself to be churned by the rod of dissatisfaction, so what can I say unto You?"
- At this time Srila Advaita Acarya said, "Please do not be angry. I speak the truth. I shall know that You are a cowherd boy only if You can wheel this rod about"
- Banasura and his company of soldiers saw that the boy (Aniruddha) was standing before them just like the superintendent of death with his invincible rod
- Because the churning rod, Mandara Mountain, was very heavy and was not held by any support in the water, it sank into the ocean, and in this way the prowess of both the demons and the demigods was vanquished
- Having dressed up like cowherd boys, all the devotees carried pots of milk and yogurt balanced on rods over their shoulders. Thus they all arrived at the festival grounds chanting the holy name of Hari
- He wore a sacred thread and a garland of rudraksa beads. He carried a rod and a waterpot, and He was a brahmacari
- How is it that the great sages, who were completely conversant with religious principles, desired to curse King Vena, who himself carried the rod of punishment, and thus awarded him the greatest punishment?
- I was endowed with specific powers to supersede the fortune of all the three planetary systems by being decorated with the impressions of the flag, thunderbolt, elephant-driving rod and lotus flower, which are signs of the lotus feet of the Lord
- In fire the iron becomes warm, warmer, and then at last, it becomes red-hot. When the iron is red-hot, it is no longer iron. It is fire. If you touch anywhere, it will burn. Although apparently it is iron rod, but because it has become red-hot, it is fire
- In great humility, both brothers took bunches of straw between their teeth and, each binding a cloth around his neck, fell down like rods before the Lord
- In Satya-yuga the Lord wore a sacred thread and a garland of rudraksa beads. He carried a rod and a waterpot, and He was a brahmacari
- Iron rod put into the fire, when it is red-hot, it is no longer iron rod. It is fire. Similarly this body, if you constantly keep in touch with spiritual activities, then it is no longer material. It is spiritual. The body's also spiritual
- Nityananda Prabhu also played at whirling the rod. Who can understand how They were ecstatically immersed in the deep emotions of the cowherd boys
- Not finding any other weapon, Aniruddha took hold of a big iron rod and stood up before Banasura and his soldiers. He firmly took a posture indicating that if attacked he would strike all of the soldiers down to the ground with the iron rod
- On Janmastami, Lord Krsna's birthday, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu dressed Himself as a cowherd boy. At that time He carried a balance with pots of yogurt and wheeled a rod about
- One should silently murmur the (dvadasaksara) mantra 108 times and offer prayers to the Lord for His glorification. Then one should circumambulate the Lord and finally, with great delight and satisfaction, offer obeisances, falling straight like a rod
- Seeing the Lord from a distance, the two brothers put two clumps of straw between their teeth and immediately fell down on the ground like rods, offering Him obeisances
- So the waters of the lakes and rivers of Vrndavana were in a happy mood, full of blooming lotus flowers, because the waters were thinking, "How is it that our son, the bamboo rod, is enjoying the nectar of Krsna's lips"
- Sometimes He (Krsna) breaks the churning rod, and sometimes He throws butter on the fire. In this way, he increases the transcendental pleasure of His Mother Yasoda
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wheeled and threw the rod, sometimes over His head, sometimes behind His back, sometimes in front of Him, sometimes to His side and sometimes between His legs. All the people laughed to see this
- The eleventh incarnation of the Lord took the form of a tortoise whose shell served as a pivot for the Mandaracala Hill, which was being used as a churning rod by the theists and atheists of the universe
- The Lord in His tortoise incarnation became the pivot for the churning rod, and thus His ornaments were polished by the turning of Mandara Hill
- The Mayavadi sannyasis take one danda, or one rod, whereas the Vaisnava sannyasis take three dandas, or three rods
- The primeval Lord assumed the tortoise incarnation in order to serve as a resting place (pivot) for the Mandara Mountain, which was acting as a churning rod
- The rope would be the biggest serpent, known as Vasuki, and the churning rod would be Mandara Mountain. Poison would also be produced from the churning, but it would be taken by Lord Siva, and so there would be no need to fear it
- The three rods, or tridanda, indicate that a Vaisnava sannyasi vows to render service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead by his body, mind and words
- Their (the gopis) churning rods, their arms, their earrings, their bangles, their breasts - everything moved, and kunkuma powder gave their faces a saffron luster comparable to the rising sun
- Their bodily effulgence the brothers were dissipating all the darkness of the world, as if They were mountains of sapphire & silver. Without hesitating, Akrura immediately got down from his chariot and fell flat, just like a rod, before Krsna & Balarama
- There were many whisks hanging from golden rods, and many golden thrones with sitting cushions as soft as lotus flowers. In various places there were velvet and silken canopies with laces of pearls hanging all around
- Those who follow the Mayavadi philosophy, headed by Sripada Sankaracarya, accept only one rod, but those who follow the Vaisnavite philosophy accept three combined rods
- When Mandara Mountain was being used as a churning rod in the ocean of milk, it had no support, and therefore although held by the strong hands of the demigods and demons, it sank into the water
- When Ramananda Raya saw the wonderful sannyasi, he was struck with wonder. He went to Him and immediately offered his respectful obeisances, falling down flat like a rod
- When Rupa Gosvami fell down like a rod, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu got up and gave him a slap. Then, taking him on His lap, He began to speak to him
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu whirled the rod in a circle like a firebrand, the heart of everyone who saw it was astonished
- When the Lord saw Govardhana Hill, He immediately offered obeisances, falling down on the ground like a rod. He embraced one piece of rock from Govardhana Hill and became mad
- When the material energy is engaged in the service of the Supreme Spirit, so-called material energy is also transformed into spiritual energy, just as an iron rod becomes fire when placed in contact with fire
- When the ocean was churned by the demons on one side and the demigods on the other, Mandara Hill was taken as the churning rod
- With His (the Lord's) strong, glorious arms, which award fearlessness throughout the universe, He took hold of Vasuki and began churning the ocean, using Mandara Mountain as a churning rod