Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
rigid | rigidly | rigidity
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Our Rigidity (Disciples of SP) (27 P)
Pages in category "Rigid"
The following 62 pages are in this category, out of 62 total.
- A brahmacari, or one who has not accepted the grhastha-asrama (family life), must rigidly avoid talking with women or about women, for the senses are so powerful that they may agitate even the mind of a sannyasi, a member of the renounced order of life
- A materialistic person considers himself free to act as he likes. He does not know that he is rigidly controlled by the stringent laws of nature
- A sannyasi is forbidden to hear songs sung by the fair sex. Yet even in the rigid position of a sannyasi He (Caitanya) recommended the mode of worship preferred by the gopis of Vrndavana as the topmost loving service possible to be rendered to the Lord
- Acarya's disciple becomes acarya when he assimilates the knowledge received from bona fide acarya. So he becomes bona fide to act as an acarya. Acarya means one who has become a rigid disciple of his acarya
- After hearing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the acarya of the Tattvavada sampradaya became very much ashamed. Upon observing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's rigid faith in Vaisnavism, he was struck with wonder
- All of them (great sages who were the sons of fire-gods and rigidly followed the regulative principles in their desire to have conjugal love for Krsna) got Him as their husband
- Although Thakura Haridasa happened to take his birth in a Muslim family, he was elevated to the post of namacarya by Lord Caitanya due to his rigidly attended principle of chanting three hundred thousand holy names of the Lord daily
- At that time, five hundred years ago, the Hindu society was very rigid, and if a member of the brahmana caste accepted the service of a Muhammadan ruler he was at once rejected from brahmana society
- Because a devotee rigidly follows the instructions of Narada Muni, he has no fear of old age, disease or death
- Because human life is meant for tapasya, for self-realization, factual human civilization, as conceived by the system of sanatana-dharma or the school of four castes and four orders of life, prescribes rigid dissociation from woman in three stages of life
- Great sages who were the sons of fire-gods rigidly followed the regulative principles in their desire to have conjugal love for Krsna. As such, in their next lives they were able to associate with the Lord, the origin of all creation
- Great vows of austerity are undertaken by sages to achieve success in self-realization. Human life is meant for such tapasya, with the great vow of celibacy, or brahmacarya. In the rigid life of tapasya, there is no place for the association of women
- He never touched anything to wear except a small torn cloth and a patchwork wrapper. Thus he very rigidly executed the order of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Hindu society was so rigid at the time of Lord Caitanya that if a Hindu were converted into a Muslim, there was no chance of his being reformed. In this way the Muslim population in India increased
- If a devotee, after being initiated, adheres rigidly to the instructions of the spiritual master, he is naturally endowed with the material opulences
- If the disciple follows the principles rigidly and undeviatingly, he will certainly receive the mercy of Krsna. This is confirmed by the sastras
- If those who live in Bharata-varsa rigidly follow the principles of varnasrama-dharma and develop their dormant Krsna consciousness, they need not return to this material world after death
- In India they sometimes come to fight with me that I am making these papa-yoni, namely, the Europeans and Americans... They are considered by the rigid Hindus as a papa-yoni. "They cannot become"
- In our Brahma, Vaisnava sannyasa, there is little leniency. Because they live in Krsna, so there is no need of very strict, rigid following. Although it is stated that they should live like this
- In the Padma Purana there is a statement about ecstatic love born of spontaneous affection. Candrakanti, a celebrated fair-faced girl, rigidly observed celibacy in order to obtain Krsna as her husband
- In the sruti-mantras also it is stated that Angira Muni, who strictly followed the rigid principles of the Atharva Vedas, was the leader of the followers of the Atharva Vedas
- Kardama Muni practiced yoga very rigidly as a brahmacari before his marriage, and he became so powerful and attained so much mystic power that his father, Brahma, ordered him to marry and beget children as a householder
- Krsna continued, "In spite of this rigid regulative principle, I am asking you for the hand of your (King Nagnajit's) beautiful daughter (Satya) just to establish our relationship in return for your great reception of Me"
- Raghunatha dasa Gosvami followed the regulative principles so strictly and rigidly that they were compared to the lines on a stone. As such lines cannot be erased at any time, so the regulative principles observed by him could not be changed
- Rigid and systematic training of the brahmacari
- Rigid disciple
- She tests very rigidly whether you have taken Krsna consciousness to disturb Krsna, or you are actually serious. That is maya' s business. So there will be, in the beginning, test by maya, and you will feel so much disturbances in making progress in KC
- Simply becoming initiated does not elevate one to the position of a high-class brahmana. One also has to discharge the duties and follow the regulative principles very rigidly
- Simply surrender. But people are so rigid and so, I mean to say, doggish, that they do not like to surrender to Krsna. For them only, so many different ways of convincing. Otherwise, the whole purpose is to induce him to surrender to Krsna
- Some of the Gosvamis, like Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, were chanting very rigidly and also offering obeisances very rigidly
- The brahmanas said, "We are very proud because we have such exalted wives who have developed pure transcendental service of the Lord without being shackled by our rigid opposition"
- The demigods, being envious of the austere life of the rigid brahmacaris, would try to cause them to break their vows by dispatching soldiers of Cupid. But in the case of the Lord, it became an unsuccessful attempt
- The four months of the rainy season are called Caturmasya. During this period, the generally itinerant preachers and brahmanas stop at a certain place and live under rigid regulative principles
- The gopis were advised by their superiors to bolt the doors at night, but they were so carefree that they did not carry out this order very rigidly
- The next set of instructions is listed as follows: 1) One should rigidly give up the company of nondevotees
- The personified Vedas continued, "Concentrating the mind upon the form of Visnu and controlling the senses very rigidly, they (mystic yogis) practice the yoga system"
- The purport is that one should execute devotional service rigidly in the association of devotees so that there will be certainty in raising oneself to that ecstatic position
- The so-called vanaprasthas and sannyasis who come out of such grhastha-asramas are easily deviated from the rigid path
- There are many who make as their destination different demigods, and by rigid performance of the strict respective methods they reach different planets known as Candraloka, Suryaloka, Indraloka, Maharloka, etc
- There is no rigid fixture of time, and anyone can chant the holy name with attention and reverence at his convenience. The Lord is so kind to us that He can be present before us personally in the form of transcendental sound
- These austerities accepted by such rigid mundaners are, after all, aimed merely at material sense gratification, and therefore these austerities are useless in the transcendental sense
- Thousands of years ago there was no bar to learning or preaching the transcendental science because of inferior birth. The rigidity of the so-called caste system in Hindu society became prominent within only one hundred years or so
- We are trying to give Lennon and Ginsberg all facilities to understand this philosophy and it will take some time on account of their not following rigidly the rules
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu rigidly declined to hear his explanations, Vallabha Bhatta went home feeling morose. His faith in the Lord and devotion to Him changed
- When such a prince (who was rigidly trained in politics, economics, the military arts, ethics and morality, the sciences, and, above all, devotional service to the Lord) became king, then too he was guided by the advice of good brahmanas