Pages in category "Raivata Manu"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total.
- All these twenty-five great sages (the seven great sages, the four other great sages, named Sanaka, Sananda, Sanatana and Sanat-kumara, and the fourteen Manus) are known as the patriarchs of the living entities all over the universe
- Almost all the Manus selected to rule the manvantaras came from the family of Maharaja Priyavrata. Three of them are particularly, namely Uttama, Tamasa and Raivata
- In Hari-vamsa, Satyabhama, feeling slighted by Rukmini's high position, said, "My dear Krsna, the Raivataka Mountain is always full of spring flowers, but when I have become persona non grata to You, what is the use of my observing them?"
- In his other wife, Maharaja Priyavrata begot three sons, named Uttama, Tamasa and Raivata. All of them later took charge of manvantara millenniums
- In the Raivata-manvantara, the avatara is named Vaikuntha, and in the Caksusa-manvantara, He is named Ajita
- The brother of Tamasa Manu was the fifth Manu, named Raivata. His sons were headed by Arjuna, Bali and Vindhya
- The Manus who are prominent within this universe are as follows: Yajna as Svayambhuva Manu, Vibhu as Svarocisa Manu, Satyasena as Uttama Manu, Hari as Tamasa Manu, Vaikuntha as Raivata Manu, Ajita as Caksusa Manu
- The various Manus existing in one day of Lord Brahma are as follows: (1) Svayambhuva, (2) Svarocisa, (3) Uttama, (4) Tamasa, (5) Raivata, (6) Caksusa