Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Purificatory"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.
- A Krsna conscious person, being naturally purified, has no need of developing any other purificatory process of thought or action
- After the garbhadhana purificatory process, there are certain other samskaras like simantonnayana, sadhabhaksanam, etc., during the period of pregnancy, and when the child is born the first purificatory process is jatakarman
- As long as a child is joined with the mother by the navel pipe, the child is considered to be of one body with the mother, but as soon as the pipe is cut and the child is separated from the mother, the purificatory process of jatakarman is performed
- If one is not purified by the process of the seed-giving ceremony, or garbhadhana-samskara, he is immediately classified amongst the sudras because only the sudras do not undergo this purificatory process
- It is stated in the Vedic literature that by birth everyone is born a sudra, that by accepting the purificatory process one becomes twice-born, that by studying the Vedas one becomes a vipra, which is the preliminary qualification for becoming a brahmana
- Karabhajana Muni addresses King Nimi and says, "As such, if by chance or mistake he does something which is forbidden, there is no need for him to perform any purificatory ceremonies"
- King Yudhisthira, who was very satisfied with the birth of Maharaja Pariksit, had the purificatory process of birth performed. Learned brahmanas, headed by Dhaumya and Krpa, recited auspicious hymns
- Maharaja Santanu, while engaged in chase in the jungle, picked up the children and brought them up to the brahminical status by the proper purificatory process
- Modern householders are practiced to different modes of life, namely to rise late and then take bed tea without any sort of cleanliness and without any purificatory practices as mentioned above
- Sannyasa, or any purificatory process, is to help reach the ultimate goal of becoming Krsna conscious, without which everything is considered a failure
- Sex life without the purificatory process of Krsna consciousness is merely the seed-giving process of the sudras or the animals. Krsna consciousness is therefore the best process of purification
- The highest purificatory process is knowledge of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the purest of the pure
- The purificatory activities begin even before the birth of a child, and the seed-giving reformatory process is called Garbhadhana-samskara
- The purificatory process, we are taking the essence of all Vedic literatures, that four principles, namely: no illicit sex, no intoxication, no meat-eating and no gambling. This is called tapasya
- The Vedic social situation is so planned that persons accepted as sudras can gradually be elevated to the position of brahmanas by the cultural advancement known as samskara, or the purificatory process
- The verdict of the Vedic scriptures is that no one becomes a brahmana or a mleccha simply by birth; by birth everyone is accepted as a sudra. One has to elevate himself by the purificatory process to the stage of brahminical life
- The word juhuvuh means that the chanters of the holy name have already performed all kinds of sacrifices. Sasnuh means that they have already traveled to all the holy places of pilgrimage and taken part in purificatory activities at those places
- There is no need for him to perform any purificatory ceremonies. Because the Lord is situated within his heart, He takes compassion for the devotee's accidental mistake and corrects him from within
- There is no performance of the purificatory processes known as samskaras, which begin from the time of the mother’s pregnancy and continue up to the point of the individual’s death