Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Prabhupada Speaks - in Asia, Iran - Tehran
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - in Asia, Iran - Tehran"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- A devotee is only supposed to want service, and sometimes he very much wants to be liberated to be finished with all this difficulty, isn't it?
- After you pass the examination, there is no more test. But before coming to the post of recognized devotee, Krsna tests very severely. That one has to pass
- All the great personalities like Bhismadeva, Lord Krsna, and Vyasadeva, and all of them requested Yudhisthira, "No, there is no fault of you. It was fight. It was right. So you can reign over"
- And how to surrender to God, how to do this?
- And the purpose of sastra is to direct this minute independence so that it is not misused?
- Faith means that you are meant for giving some service to Krsna. You should stick to that service, that path, in spite of all impediments. That is the passing of test
- First of all, you must have faith that, "In this life I shall understand thoroughly about God."Then associate with persons who are busy with God's business.Then you act as they are acting.Then your misconception of material life will be finished
- If my mother would not have been little strict, I would not have gotten any education. My father was very lenient. So she used to force me. One man would take me to school
- If the guru and father and the government, they are themselves rascals and fools, how they will guide? And that is the position. General public, they require guidance, but the guides themselves are rascals and fools, cheaters, bluffers
- If you have taken to Krsna consciousness, your, that current of "do it" or "do not," is stopped. Because you have agreed to do only what Krsna says. If you have actually decided like that, then you are free
- If you want philosophy, the aim of life, the destination of life, then we can talk, what is the destination of life, what is required. If you criticize me, then I can criticize you also
- In the material platform your interest, my interest, sometimes clash. There may be fight. But why fight on religious, mean God consciousness? If everyone is God conscious, where is the question of fight?
- Is there any limit to the number of chances that the disciple has?
- It is instructed in the sastras the one should follow the great authority and the infallible Lord without any personal motive and manufactured ideology
- It was possible for Maharaja Yudhisthira to rule the whole world including the seas, because the principles were infallible and universally applicable to everyone
- The conception of one world state can only be fulfilled if we can follow the infallible authority. An imperfect human being cannot create an ideology acceptable to everyone
- The fool's, rascal's parampara is there. The father is a rogue and the son is rogue. The grandson is a rogue. What is wrong? The parampara is rogue. And if they follow God's parampara, then everything is all right
- The logic of the frog in the well
- The modern elected executive head of the state is just like a puppet because he has no kingly power. Even if he is enlightened like Maharaja Yudhisthira, he cannot do anything out of his own good will due to his constitutional position
- The whole devotional process is purificatory process. The more he is purified, he becomes high-class devotee. But the process is the path of liberation. Just like mango. The green mango, this green mango will be ripe mango. The same mango
- There are so many states over the earth quarreling because of ideological differences or other selfish motives. But a king like Maharaja Yudhisthira had no ideology of his own
- There is so much envy in my heart, and when I'm chanting I'm understanding the envy is causing me so much distress. And yet I can't give it up. I cannot leave off these envious feelings. How is it that the spirit soul...?
- This sankalpa-vikalpa is there as long as we have our independence, though. Even as devotees, that accepting and rejecting? That is there even in devotees?
- You are the greatest teacher in recorded history, Prabhupada, because your movement is so well founded in these books, more so than any religious teacher-Muhammad, Buddha, Jesus Christ. Your movement is perfectly founded even during your own lifetime
- You can do it (to surrender to Krsna) immediately, but unfortunately you'll not do it. What can be done? There is a story, I may narrate it. One poor man was begging on the street, and Lord Siva and Parvati was passing as ordinary man
- You were saying that by intelligence one can just accept what the father says will be good for him and he'll do it, but most people have such a bad experience in the material world, they get cheated so often...
- Yudhisthira Maharaja, he was unwilling to accept the kingdom because he thought that "For me so many men have been killed in the battlefield of Kuruksetra. So I am so sinful, I am not fit for the throne"
- Yudhisthira understood that "When such great personalities (like Bhismadeva, Lord Krsna and Vyasadeva) are giving their opinion, that it was no wrong on my part," then he agreed (to reign the kingdom)