Prabhupada Speaks - in Africa, Mauritius
- ♫ Click into a page that catches your attention and start hearing short audio clips of Srila Prabhupada's Vani. Each page has an audio clip of between 1 to 15 minutes.
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - in Africa, Mauritius"
The following 76 pages are in this category, out of 76 total.
- About the creation. I have read it from Bible too, about Adam and Eve. Do you think that it's true?
- All religious system of the world, they are taken from Vedas, from different parts. Therefore they are not complete. The age of Bible is not more than two thousand years. The age of Veda you cannot calculate, millions and millions of years
- All these rascal scientists, they are all frog in the well. They have got little calculation of this planet, and they have no information of... There are so many millions of planets
- Anyone can experience. The body is active so long the soul is there. It doesn't require much intelligence. Simply one can understand what is the difference between the dead body and the living body
- As soon as you accept this material body the suffering is there. So if you want to be happy, then this is the opportunity. This human form of body is the opportunity. Don't waste this human form of body like cats and dogs
- As they have been trained up to rise early in the morning, this will give you spiritual strength. If you simply becomes a gramophone speaker, then it will not be effective. Gramophone or tape record speaker, that will not be. You must be live speaker
- At the present moment you know this is your generation, you cannot do anything, and you are thinking of future generation. How foolish you are
- Empowered by God. God created Brahma, and he was empowered to create the universe
- Enjoy, but where is your enjoyment? Come to the practical point. Where is your enjoyment? You are simply suffering. That is their rascaldom
- Everyone is bad. Without any discrimination you can say. Mandah sumanda-matayo
- Everyone thinks that he is right and everyone is wrong. We do not think like that. We take the words of the authority, that's all. Or we have no respect. This is our program. That is the way of parampara
- Everywhere you go, you will meet only rascals. Manda. The definition is given, manda. Even in our camp there are so many rascals. Just see the report. Even they have come to be reformed, they are rascals. They cannot give up their rascal habits
- Government means, nowadays, all rascals. They are elected by rascals and they are rascals. That is the difficulty. Everywhere you go, you will meet only rascals. Manda. The definition is given, manda
- Gradually we shall develop a society that all these unnecessary rubbish things should be rejected. That is the idea
- I have seen in the Western countries, they are growing food grains for the animals, and the food grains are eaten by the animals, and the animal is eaten by man
- I see in your Mauritius, you have got enough land to produce food grains. I understand that instead of growing food grains, you are growing sugarcane for exporting. Why? And you are dependent on food grains, on rice, wheat, dal. Why this attempt?
- I wanted to say this, Swamiji, that hell also is situated in this world itself, because where do you think that we can pay our debt?... The sin, the debt of our sin. Where do you think that we pay it? In the hell, which is not...
- I was not desiring to take medicine, but my parents desired. That desire should be forced
- If every moment we are killing in breathing and walking and doing so many things, and then it says, "Thou shalt not kill," so then hasn't God given us an instruction which is impossible?
- If there is time and if your population has got sufficient food grains, then you can try to grow other fruits and vegetables for exporting. The first necessity is that you should be self-sufficient. That is God's arrangement
- If you go on constructing your big building on a defective foundation, then it will not stay. There will be danger. So modern civilization is based on this defective idea that "I am this body"
- In my childhood I would not take medicine. Exactly like this, now also. So I was given medicine by force in the spoon. Two men will catch me, and my mother would take me on the lap and then force, and I shall take. I never agreed to take any medicine
- In the Kali-yuga there is no good men at all—all bad. Strong you will have to become to deal with all bad men
- In what way (you have to spend or waste gallons of blood before you can convert a person to Krsna consciousness. It is so difficult task)?
- It has been generalized, manda: "all bad." But only difference is that in our camp the bad's are being reformed; outside there is no reforming. There is hope of their being good, but outside there is no hope. That is the difference
- It is prohibited to consume, consume flesh, meat. It's because there is soul in the body and if we kill it, therefore we are doing a sin. I think it's because that we can't consume meat according to the Vedic literature. But what about plants, Swamiji?
- Man, if he takes nice foodstuff it is painful. If a diseased man, if he takes... More sick. Therefore this life is meant for tapasya, not to accept - voluntarily reject. Then it is nice
- My idea is to preach Krsna consciousness. Because for want of this knowledge, our mission of human life is failing all over the world. Therefore, I am trying to introduce this KC all over the world, without any distinction of caste, creed, color
- Oh, he (Brahma) himself created it (male and female) from...?
- Only hell is located in one place or a prada(?) is located in another place? Do you think so, Swamiji?
- Our appeal is that throughout the whole world people should come, try to understand Bhagavad-gita, and set up examples and do the needful. Then everything will be peaceful. This is the peace formula
- Our Krsna consciousness movement is not on the bodily concept of life. It is the movement on the basic principle of the soul - what is the soul, what is the soul's necessity, how the soul will be peaceful, happy
- Sex life, even it is not illicit, still, it is painful, aftereffects. You'll have to take care of the children. You have to bear children. That is painful. You have to pay to the hospital for delivery, then education, then doctor's bill - so many painful
- So far we are concerned, we shall live very simple life, simply in Krsna consciousness. That is brahmana
- Suppose when your, this shirt is torn, you have to purchase one shirt. Now, that shirt you have to purchase according to your price. If you have good price, then you get a good shirt. If you have no money, then you get a bad shirt. That's all
- Swamiji, do you think that Bible, about the Adam, Adam is Brahma? It has been copied from the Indian philosophy to put it there in different name?
- Swamiji, is there any hell, or rather this is hell...?
- The frogs in the well, they cannot understand. You should be not a frog in the well; you should be liberal to hear from the authorities, Vedas. Then you will understand
- The governments today are supporting the most outrageous, sinful activities. So how is it possible to reform the general mass of people?
- The logic of the frog in the well
- The same pleasure potency is there in the living being in little quantity, and as soon as they utilize it, it becomes painful. And the same pleasure potency in the spiritual world, Krsna's dancing with gopis, that is not painful. That is pleasing
- The spiritual master is the captain, and you take advantage. Your, this human body is a good boat. So good boat, favorable condition, good captain—take advantage of crossing this ocean. Otherwise you are committing suicide
- The sun, you see, is a ball of fire. Nothing can exist there
- There should not have been two people, a male and a female, to create everything?
- Therefore (Brahma is the first creature in the universe, created by God), by himself he could create everything, Swamiji?
- Therefore (they say that man has to dominate over the animals) you should kill and eat them. Very good reasoning. "The father should dominate over children; therefore the children should be killed and eaten up." So rascals
- They must be moved. Government means, nowadays, all rascals. They are elected by rascals and they are rascals. That is the difficulty
- This body is just like a machine, motorcar, and Krsna is the driver, charioteer. And as you are desiring, He is driving your car in the same way or He is supplying different types of car
- This human form of life is meant for inquiring about the Absolute Truth
- This pleasure, sex pleasure, is followed by so many painful things. Tapa-kari
- Those who are sinful, they do not take immediately birth. They first of all trained up in the hellish planet how to suffer to become accustomed and then they are taken birth, then suffer
- Unfortunately, modern education is giving stress on the outward, external body or to the dress and not to... They do not understand who is the person who is dressed or who has got this body
- Unfortunately, we rascals, we do not take Bhagavad-gita as it is. We want to change it according to our whims. This rascal havoc has ruined the whole world. Otherwise, if they would have preached BG as it is, the world situation would have been different
- Unless we understand what is the wrong on the active principle of the body, the problems cannot be solved, just like if you cannot diagnose the disease, simply by symptomatic treatment you cannot make the man healthy. That is not possible
- We have to live. The same thing: we are also working, we are also eating, we are sleeping, we are also marrying - but according to Krsna's direction. Then it is Krsna conscious life and perfect life
- We take the words of the authority, that's all. Or we have no respite. This is our process. That is the way of parampara. Not only we accept, but our previous acaryas, all the big, big acaryas, they have accepted
- What is the idea of Adam?
- What Krsna says, that is recorded in the sastra, especially in the Bhagavad-gita. So you act what is said in the Bhagavad-gita; then you remain free from all sinful reaction
- When our soul gets out from our body, it goes to the hell or... hemisphere or it take birth immediately afterwards?
- When you are spiritually strong, if you speak something on spiritual subject matter, then it will be effective. Otherwise it will be just like tape record playing. So this is required
- Who is Brahma?
- Why is it, Prabhupada, that in earlier parts of the Kali-yuga no one like yourself came throughout the rest of the world and preached Krsna consciousness?
- You don't find all these things in our Society. We don't drink Coca-cola. We don't drink Pepsi-cola. We don't smoke. So many things which are selling in the market in huge quantity by advertisement, by victimizing the poor customer
- You have to spend or waste gallons of blood before you can convert a person to Krsna consciousness. It is so difficult task
- You have violated from the very beginning the orders of Christ, 'Thou shall not kill,' and you are killing, only killing. So what you have not done?
- You learn from the sastra. You learn from Bhagavad-gita what Krsna says and do it. Then you are not responsible for anything. Just like there is lawbook
- Your calculation of the world. If it is preached anywhere, that is preached on the world. It was not spread, you can say, but it was preached