Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Prabhupada Speaks - Stories
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - Stories"
The following 84 pages are in this category, out of 84 total.
- A great dramatist, government officer. He wrote one book, Shah Jahan. That is very famous book for theatrical play. So in that Shah Jahan, means the king emperor Shah Jahan. Practically, the name which is given on the book, the hero title, he's the hero
- A hunter spread his net. So some little birds, they fell down in the net and they are crying
- A sawman was cutting wood by the saw. So at the end of business it was half cut so he pulled down a plug so that next day he will come and he'll again begin sawing. So went away. So one monkey came. So monkey sat down there and began to pull on the plug
- A thief asked: "So may I take some of your these ornaments? You are so rich." "No, no, no. My mother will be angry. I cannot..." Krsna as a child. So he became more and more eager for Krsna. And then, by Krsna's association, he had already become purified
- A vaisya will find out some business. He'll find out some business. So there is a practical story
- Alexander and the Cynic
- Alexander and the thief
- All the gopis, girls, before their marriage, they prayed to Katyayani that "You give me Krsna as my husband." So Krsna..., it is not possible socially, but Krsna makes such a plan that He accepted every one of them as His wife. That is vastrana-lila
- All those thousands of people assembled in the market, they have got their sleeping place. They have got their eating place. So by arrangement. There is arrangement. Similarly, there may be millions and millions of living entities; God has arrangement
- Because I have written some book, so I know what is the purpose of writing my book. You cannot know. My purpose you cannot know. There is a small instructive story in this - not story, fact - in this connection
- Bilvamangala and the prostitute Cintamani
- Bilvamangala Thakura voluntarily made himself blind
- Gopal Banh said: "You can pass stool, but you cannot pass urine. If you pass urine, then I shall kill you." Passing stool without passing urine, how it is possible? "So you have come to pass stool. That you can do here, but don't pass urine"
- Gopis were approached: "Oh, Krsna is sick. They want, oh, dust of...?" Immediately: "Please take. Please take." She did not care that "We are going to hell by offering our dust of feet on the head of Krsna. Never mind. We shall go. Krsna will be happy"
- He (a thief) saw Krsna the same way as he was informed by the Bhagavata reader. Then he saw, "Oh, oh, you are so nice boy, Krsna." So he began to flatter. He thought that "Flattering, I shall take all the jewels"
- He (one European gentleman) said that "I find in this temple there is God." "Why? Why you conclude like that?" "That in every temple I saw, that the god, deity, is doing something. But here I see the God is enjoying. He has nothing to do"
- He went to the prostitute, and she was astonished: "Well, Bilvamaṅgala" - his name was Bilvamaṅgala - "how do you dare to come here like this?" Oh, he described, "Yes. I did this, I did this, I did this, I did this." Oh, the prostitute was astonished
- Her (Gandhari's) eldest son, Duryodhana, was advised to see the mother naked. She advised, "My dear son, tomorrow morning when you come to offer your obeisances to me, you come naked. I shall see you and you will be solidified just like iron"
- Her name was Cintamani. So the prostitute said, "My dear Bilvamangala, if you have got so intense love for me, oh, had it been for God, for Krsna, how would have been, your life, sublime." Oh, that struck him: "Yes." He at once left
- Here is Ganges, and you are also present here. So take me as your surrendered soul. I am surrendered to you. So at the present moment let that taksaka, the snake-bird, or anything may come and bite. I don't care for it. Please go on with the krsna-katha
- I saw one hotel man in Calcutta cutting the throat of a chicken; he was laughing and his son was crying
- I will give you one example how Krsna sometimes breaks His promise. It is very nice story
- I wish to narrate one short story, that one man, one boy, was attracted by a beautiful girl. So the girl does not agree, and the boy is persistent
- I'll cite one story. It is very interesting story. If you go to India, you'll find one nice temple in Orissa. It is called the temple of "Witness-Gopala," Saksi-Gopala, Witness-Gopala. This Gopala was situated in a temple at Vrndavana
- If Dhruva Maharaja wanted, he could ask him that "Give me all the money of the universe." He could give. But what did he ask? He said, "Sir, give me benediction that I may remain attached to the lotus feet of Krsna"
- If you make propaganda, if he's not ghost, you can make him ghost. This is propaganda. This is called propaganda. By propaganda you can establish a false thing as real. That's all. This is going on. They know how to do it. They're expert
- In the Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, there is a story... Not story. Fact. It is described there that one brahmana - he was a great devotee - he wanted to offer very brilliant service, arcana, in the temple worship. But he had no money
- It is called vrscika-tandula-nyaya. Vrscika means scorpion, and tandula means rice. So "Life is coming from matter" - this is called vrscika-tandula-nyaya
- It is called vrscika-tandula-nyaya. You know that? Vrscika-tandula-nyaya. Vrscika means scorpion, and tandula means rice. Sometimes we see some heaps of rice, the scorpion is coming. But that is not that the rice has given birth to the scorpion
- It is caught by the net of the hunter. So mother immediately jumped over it to save the children, and she was also captured. Then the father saw, "Now if I go to save them, I'll be captured. Let me go away. Let me take sannyasa. That's all"
- Nature is so strong that you must die. "I am very strong." You may be very strong, that's all right. There is a, I mean to say, joking story that one man thought how to avoid death
- Now this Arjunacarya...that's a very nice story. When he was writing commentaries, oh, he thought, "How is that Lord will come Himself and deliver the goods? Oh, it is not possible. He might be sending through some agents"
- One boy, he went out of home and mixed with yogis for several years. Then, after some time, he came to his village, and all the friends and relatives gathered: "Oh, you have been so many years with yogis. What you have learned?"
- One day the king asked him, "Gopala, what is the difference between you and an ass?" So he immediately measured the distance from the king. He said, "It is three feet only, sir. The difference is only three feet." So everyone began to laugh
- One intelligent person, he thought, "I shall be free from the touch of Yamaraja by one tactics." What is that? "Stool is very obnoxious. Nobody comes to stool. So let me smear my body, whole body with stool so that Yamaraja will not come and touch me"
- One occupation which is not exactly fitting you, you do not know how to do it, so avyapare suvyaparam yo kartu... If one wants to act in a business in which he is unable to do, then he is killed just like this fool monkey
- Shah Jahan
- She (one old woman) began to call God, "God, help me." And God came, "What you want?" "Kindly help me to get this bundle on my head." (laughter) Just see. God came to giving benediction, and she wanted to "Give this bundle again on my head"
- Simply wonderful
- Stag and the jackal
- That foolish person is killed just like this monkey. The monkey's business was not to imitate the sawman, but he wanted to imitate. The result was that he was killed. So that is not expertness
- That was the quarrel between the father and the son. The son (Prahlada) was a great devotee and the father (Hiranyakasipu) was a great atheist
- The important visitor is waiting for one hour. So this is enjoyment. The Prime Minister is not the horse, but he is enjoying taking his grandchild on the back and he was playing like a horse and the grandchild was, 'Hut Hut Hut Hut'
- The lion asked the jackal: 'So who are you, sir?' 'I am sent by God to rule over you.' 'Oh' So they began to worship him as God, as leader. Then one day other jackals, they were crying, 'Wa, wa', but the jackals cannot stop. If others jackals cry
- The logic of the frog in the well
- The mother said, "My dear son, we are so poor, we cannot give anything. But if Krsna gives, He is dina-bandhu, the friend of the poor. So if He gives something to you, you can promise"
- The rabbit killed a big lion by intelligence
- The story of the learned scholar and the boatman
- The story of the potter. The potter is planning. He has got few pots and he is planning, "Now I have got these four pots and I will sell. I will make some profit. Then there will be ten pots. Then I'll sell ten pots, I'll make some profit"
- The thief who wanted to plunder child Krsna's jewels
- There are many stories. One of them I am citing. It is very interesting. Visvamitra Muni. Visvamitra Muni, he was a great king, ksatriya, but his priest, Vasistha Muni, he had great spiritual power. So he renounced his kingdom. He wanted to advance
- There is a cartoon picture in New York. One old man and his wife, sitting together. The wife is requesting the husband, old husband, "Chant, chant, chant," and the husband is replying: "Can't, can't, can't"
- There is a nice story about Sanatana Gosvami, of whom we are now studying. Sanatana Gosvami and Rupa Gosvami, two brothers, they went to Vrndavana for devotional service
- There is a story in Sanskrit, udarendriyanam. Udarendriyanam. There was a meeting of all the parts of the senses, that, "We are working, and the stomach is sitting idly, and he is simply eating. So let us get into strike. We shall not work."
- There is a story in this connection (be very much eager to see God). It is very instructive; try to hear. One professional reciter was reciting about Bhagavata, and he was describing that Krsna, being very highly decorated with all jewels
- There is a story Savitri-Satyavan. It is not a story. It is historical fact that one gentleman, he was a king's son, prince. His name was Satyavan. But he was to die at a certain age his horoscope said. But one girl Savitri, she fell in love with that boy
- There is a story that a mouse approached a saintly person
- There is a very humorous story that one man... He was a yogi
- There is a very nice interesting story that the big Prime Minister Gladstone...
- There is an instructive story about a saintly person blessing, "You may either live or die"
- There was a prostitute whose charges was one lakh of pieces of diamond. It doesn't matter, a big diamond or small diamond. That was her charges. So one man was suffering from leprosy
- These foolish scientific men, "You can speak, but if you use microphone, then I'll kill you." Yes. The Gopala Banh's policy. They would not say: "Not allow." But in a different way
- These sixteen thousand wives, how they became wives? You know the story, that many beautiful, sixteen thousand beautiful, I mean to say, king's daughters were kidnapped by the asura. What is the name of that asura? Bhaumasura
- This chaste girl would not allow the husband's body to go away. Then Yamaraja told, "It is my duty that I should take. You give it up. Otherwise, you'll be also punished." So she gave and she was following Yamaraja. So Yamaraja became compassionate
- This is gopi. It doesn't matter the whole world is going to hell, but if Krsna is satisfied, a devotee's prepared to do that. That is, that is called uttama bhakti
- We are doing the same thing. When we go to God we ask Him, "Kindly give me the bundle on my head. My family become may happy. I may have a large amount of money to enjoy material things." We ask that. That is our foolishness
- We are simply dreaming. With few pots we are simply dreaming that "These pots will be increased into so many pots, so many pots, so many pots," then finished. Don't make imagination
- When Gandhari saw, she saw that he was not fully naked, so she regretted, "O my dear son, I asked you to come before me naked. Why you have got this...?" "No, Krsna advised." Then she began to smile, that "My attempt is failure." So Krsna knew it
- When he was arrested and he was being judged by Alexander, the thief pleaded that "What is the difference between you and me? You are a great thief. I am a small thief." So Alexander understood it and got him released, "Yes." This is generosity
- When I take this Bhagavad-gita book, I see one picture, that Krsna is so kind that He has taken the chariot driver, sarathi, of Arjuna. He is His devotee. So Sri Krsna is so kind that He can accept the position of a servant because Arjuna was ordering