Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Prabhupada Speaks - Room Conversations, 1968
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - Room Conversations, 1968"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- Even in his own apartment one can keep a picture of Krsna and offer a lamp, a candle, and one, I mean to say, incense. He will feel tremendously spiritually advanced
- Everyone should give up family connection at a certain age, after the age of 50. One should not remain in family life. That is Vedic culture
- Expertness is you just try to do which is easily performed by you. You don't accept anything heavy task because Krsna does not want that you have to do this heavy task. Whatever you know, you just apply it. You dovetail it in Krsna consciousness
- Generally we chant this mahamantra, Hare Krsna, and then we deliver speeches from Bhagavad-gita, Srimad-Bhagavatam, and then there are questions, we answer, and in that way the audience and the disciples they become enlightened and they advance
- Generally, at least in, say, three thousand years ago, all the inhabitants of India were strictly followers of Vedic principles. After the advent of Lord Buddha, a different religious system developed
- I also speak from the Bhagavad-gita and the students also speak from the Bhagavad-gita. The Bhagavad-gita is the same in all the centers. But it may be because I have little more experience I can explain them a little more nicely
- I am old man, 73 years old; I may die at any moment. But I am now assured my movement will go on. These boys will carry it. My mission is in that way successful
- I am prepared to talk with any God conscious man. Let us chalk out a program so that people may be benefited, but they want to go in their own stereotyped way
- I say, "Please obey God. Please try to love God." That is my mission. And I give the way how to love God very easily. How to love, provided you agree
- I want to give this culture to the world, and my idea is that America is advanced country. If they accept it, then it will be possible to broadcast the idea throughout the whole world. That is my idea
- I was born in 1896, and I was my father's pet child, so my education began a little late, still, I was educated in higher secondary, high school for eight years. In primary school four years, higher secondary school, eight years, in college, four years
- If somebody comes, "Swamiji, initiate me." I immediately say that "You have to follow these four principles," and he goes away
- In the Bhagavad-gita it is stated that there are three planetary system, upper, lower and middle
- Killing affair is very prominent in the Christian world. They are maintaining slaughterhouse very regularly, and they have manufactured a theory that animals have no soul, they do not feel - because they have to kill. "Give the dog a bad name and hang it"
- Krsna does not say that you have to become like this, like that, like that, then you can serve Him. Does not say
- Nobody is cooperating. Simply these boys, they have kindly come to me and cooperating. So my movement is progressing, but very slowly. But if the leaders of the American people, they come and they try to understand and they try to introduce this system
- Now, if you cooperate, then I can change the whole thing in your country. This Krsna consciousness movement is so nice. Provided you cooperate
- One occupation which is not exactly fitting you, you do not know how to do it, so avyapare suvyaparam yo kartu... If one wants to act in a business in which he is unable to do, then he is killed just like this fool monkey
- Our boys & girls, they are all engaged in Krsna consciousness business, in temple work, painting, typing, recording, so many things. And they are happy. They are not going to cinema, they are not going to club, they are not drinking, they are not smoking
- That foolish person is killed just like this monkey. The monkey's business was not to imitate the sawman, but he wanted to imitate. The result was that he was killed. So that is not expertness
- The modern, so-called advanced boys and girls (in India), they are now after divorce. But before that, even there was misunderstanding between husband and wife, quarrel, there was no question of divorce
- The students are being trained. The students, they also speak the same thing. There is nothing new. I also speak from the Bhagavad-gita and the students also speak from the Bhagavad-gita. The Bhagavad-gita is the same in all the centers
- There's no sermon as we would know in other churches?
- We are simply depending on donation. If you like, you can pay
- What happens in your temples. Do you have services like other religions?
- Who is in charge of a temple when you're not here?
- Why should you say, "Oh, I am Christian. I am Jew. I cannot attend your meeting." Why should you say, "Oh, I cannot allow you to speak in my church." If I am speaking about God, what objection you have got?