Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
polestar | "pole-star" | "polar star"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Ocean of Milk (2 C, 72 P)
Pages in category "Polestar"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- According to astronomical calculation, along with the polestar there is another star, which is called Sisumara, where Lord Visnu, who is in charge of the maintenance of this material world, resides
- After purifying the seven planets near Dhruvaloka (the polestar), the Ganges water is carried through the spaceways of the demigods in billions of celestial airplanes. Then it inundates the moon (Candraloka)
- All the luminaries in the sky circumambulate this planet (the polestar), just as bulls tread around a central pole for the purpose of crushing grains
- All the planets and all the hundreds and thousands of stars revolve around the polestar, the planet of Maharaja Dhruva, in their respective orbits, some higher and some lower
- Although the polestar existed before its occupation by Dhruva Maharaja, it had no predominating deity
- Dhruva Maharaja wanted to have the kingdom of his father, but his father refused even to allow him to get on his lap. In order to fulfill his desire, the Lord had already created a planet known as the polestar, Dhruvaloka
- Dhruvaloka, or the polestar, is the abode of Lord Visnu within this material world. Upon it there is an ocean of milk, and within that ocean there is an island known as Svetadvipa
- Dhruvaloka, our polestar, is the center for all other stars and solar systems, for all of them circle around Dhruvaloka just as a bull crushes grains by walking around and around a central pole
- The Ganges River comes from the Causal Ocean. After the water of the Causal Ocean leaks through the hole created by Lord Vamanadeva, it flows down to Dhruvaloka (the polestar) and then to the seven planets beneath Dhruvaloka
- The polar star of the universe and the circle thereof is called the Sisumara circle, and therein the local residential planet of the Personality of Godhead (Ksirodakasayi Visnu) is situated
- The polestar, called Dhruvaloka, is the pivot of this universe, and all planets move around this polestar. All the stars are planets, as far as we can see, within this one universe
- The seven stars revolving around the polestar at the zenith are called saptarsi-mandala. On these seven stars, which form the topmost part of our planetary system, reside seven sages: Kasyapa, Atri, Vasistha, Visvamitra, Gautama, Jamadagni and Bharadvaja
- The sun is considered to be the eye of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Govinda, and it also has a specific orbit within which it circles. Similarly, all other planets have their specific orbits. But together all of them encircle the polestar
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead continued: My dear Dhruva, I shall award you the glowing planet known as the polestar, which will continue to exist even after the dissolution at the end of the millennium
- The topmost planetary systems consist of planets like Brahmaloka and Dhruvaloka (the polestar), and all of them are situated beyond Maharloka. The inhabitants of those planets are empowered with eightfold achievements of mystic perfection
- There are seven rsis headed by Bhrgu: Bhrgu, Vasistha, Atreya, like that. There are seven great rsis. The seven planets you see on the northern side, they are supposed to be their abodes, bhrgv-adayah, centering Dhruvaloka, the polestar
- Those who are righteous in performing devotional service but who are not pure can attain the planetary system of the polestar, or Dhruvaloka, where Dhruva Maharaja is presiding
- Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura estimates that Dhruvaloka, the polestar, is 3,800,000 yojanas above the sun. Above Dhruvaloka by 10,000,000 yojanas is Maharloka, above Maharloka by 20,000,000 yojanas is Janaloka
- Vrtrasura, who addresses the Lord as follows, "My dear Lord, by leaving Your transcendental service I may be promoted to the planet called Dhruva-loka (the Pole Star), or I may gain lordship over all the planetary systems of the universe"