Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
plow | plowed | plowing | plowlike | plowman | plowmen | plows | plowshare | plowshares
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsi-raksya (1 P)
Pages in category "Plow"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- As soon as He (Balarama) saw the demon, Lord Balarama prepared to attack him. He first considered how He could smash the great demon to pieces. Lord Balarama then called for His plow and club, and they immediately appeared before Him
- At that time Baladeva took up His plow weapon and gazed upon Jarasandha with colored eyes
- Balarama represents plowing the land for agriculture and therefore always carries in His hand a plow, whereas Krsna tends cows and therefore carries a flute in His hand. Thus the two brothers represent krsi-raksya and go-raksya
- Balarama said to Yamuna, "You wretched river! You didn't care for My order. Now I shall teach you a lesson! You didn't come to Me voluntarily. Now with the help of My plow I shall force you to come. I shall divide you into hundreds of scattered streams"
- Enter like a needle and come out like a plow
- Every year the plowman plows over his grain field, completely uprooting all weeds. Nonetheless, the seeds lie there and, not being completely burned, again come up with the plants sown in the field. Even after being plowed under, the weeds come up densely
- Farm development is Krsna and Balarama. Krsna is tending cows, and Balarama is plowing
- From Hrasvaroma came a son named Siradhvaja (also called Janaka). When Siradhvaja was plowing a field, from the front of his plow (sira) appeared a daughter named Sitadevi, who later became the wife of Lord Ramacandra. Thus he was known as Siradhvaja
- He (Balarama) immediately wanted to scratch the land near the river with His plowshare (because Yamuna neglected His order)
- He (Balarama) stood up steadily and, taking His plow in His hand, began striking the earth with it, separating the whole city of Hastinapura from the earth, and then He began to drag the city toward the flowing water of the river Ganges
- Her (Putana's) fallen body extended up to twelve miles and smashed all the trees to pieces, and everyone was struck with wonder upon seeing this gigantic body. Her teeth appeared just like plows, and her nostrils appeared just like mountain caves
- Jayadeva Gosvami sung as follows: "He (Krsna) has annihilated all the dynasties of the ksatriyas in the form of Parasurama. He has killed all the demons in the form of Lord Rama. He has accepted the great plow in the form of Balarama"
- Just like father earns money for feeding the children, similarly, the bulls help producing, plowing, producing food grains, and the cow gives milk, mother. And what is this civilization, killing father and mother? This is not good civilization
- Take more land and engage them in agriculture, plowing by the bulls instead of tractor. Bulls can be engaged in plowing and transporting. Nice bullock carts village to village for preaching
- The brahmana priests and sages in charge of the sacrificial ceremony constructed the sacrificial arena as usual with a plow of gold, and they initiated King Yudhisthira as the performer of the great sacrifice, in accordance with Vedic rituals
- The demon Balvala was flying in the sky, and at the first opportunity Lord Balarama dragged him down with His plow and angrily smashed the demon's head with His club
- The Europeans have invented tractors, and the bull is a problem. Therefore they must be sent to the slaughterhouse. So we can not create that problem. How the bull should be utilized? They should be used for transport and plowing
- The gorilla was striking Him with his hands, Balarama would not strike him back with His own weapons, club or plow
- The river Yamuna still has many small branches due to being scratched by the plowshare of Lord Balarama
- This time He (Balarama) wanted to bring the Yamuna by force, and He took the help of His plow. He wanted to punish the Yamuna because she did not come in obedience to His order