plaything | playthings
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Plaything"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- A cobra is very fierce before ordinary persons, but before an enchanter who can play with him, he is a plaything. Similarly, a demon may be very powerful in his own domain, but before the Lord he is insignificant
- Anyone who differentiates between Radha-Krsna and Gauranga is to be considered a plaything in the hands of maya
- As a player sets up and disperses his playthings according to his own sweet will, so the supreme will of the Lord brings men together and separates them
- Balarama said, "O you kings of the ants! Why are you hiding yourselves in these holes?" At the same time He also addressed the King of heaven: "O King Indra! You plaything of Saci! Why are you laughing?"
- Bhakti-yoga requires little tapasya, not playthings. Tapasya, that, "We are addicted to so many sinful activities. We must give it up." That is tapasya
- Bhakti-yoga requires little tapasya, not playthings. Tapasya, that, "We are addicted to so many sinful activities. We must give it up." That is tapasya. "We must observe fasting on Ekadasi day, on Lord's birthday." These are tapasya
- Bhakti-yoga therefore requires little tapasya, not playthings. Tapasya, that, "We are addicted to so many sinful activities. We must give it up." That is tapasya
- I see in your country that the girls are being exploited. They are taught to be independent so they become the playthings for sex. So where is the freedom?
- If he's (a child) given some engagement, some playthings, and if his attention is diverted there, then he'll stop mischief-making in the house. Otherwise, idle brain, devil's workshop. He will go on, go on
- If one sees a lotus flower, one can immediately remember Krsna. For example, if one loves one's child and one sees any of the child's garments, or his shoes or a small ship or any of his playthings, one will immediately remember the child
- In childhood Dhruva Maharaja rejected all kinds of toys and playthings, left the protection of his mother and seriously took shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu
- O King Indra! You plaything of Saci! Why are you laughing? I (Lord Balarama) am now prepared to smash the whole universe, and I know that Krsna will not be angry with Me
- Oh, these are my child's shoes. These are my child's playthings. This is his garment. - This is the nature of love. So if one actually loves God, Krsna, one can remember Him always
- The boys surrounded Prahlada Maharaja, giving up their playthings, and sat down to hear him. Their hearts and eyes being fixed upon him, they looked at him with great earnestness
- The example of a player and his playthings should not be misunderstood. One may argue that since the Lord is bound to award the reactionary results of our own actions, the example of a player cannot be applied. But it is not so
- The Gandharvas said: Dear Lord, You are the Supreme Almighty Great; the whole creation is just like a plaything for You. We always accept You as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and we offer our respectful obeisances unto You
- The Lord is not the plaything of such fools - who take Him to be either a superhuman being born with a material body or a historical personality worshiped as God under the influence of anthropomorphism
- They are accustomed to playing on their flutes made of palm leaves, and they all have buffalo-horn bugles ornamented like Krsna's with jewels such as indranila and with gold and coral. They are always jubilant like Krsna
- Those bereft of knowledge of the Lord are bound by the material laws. They are factually addicted to sense gratification, and their target is woman. Indeed, they are actually playthings in the hands of attractive women
- Those who are just like playthings in the hands of a woman (yosit-krida-mrgesu) cannot make any advancement in spiritual realization