Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
petition | petitioned | petitioning | petitions
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Petition"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- Arjuna prayed to see Krsna's form of four hands (tenaiva rupena catur-bhujena). After revealing this form, Krsna, when petitioned by Arjuna, again assumed His original humanlike form (manusam rupam)
- As in the previous year, one of the inhabitants of Kulina-grama submitted a petition to the Lord (Caitanya), saying, "My Lord, kindly tell me what my duty is and how I should execute it"
- As long as a person is illusioned by material gains, he petitions the respective demigods to draw some particular benefit which is, after all, illusory and nonpermanent
- As soon as he heard my petition, he immediately granted me a pension without reductions. Thus the King granted me a full salary as a pension and requested me to engage without anxiety in the service of Your lotus feet
- If all the devotees associated with the Lord are favorably disposed toward me, they can submit my petition at the lotus feet of the Lord
- In this letter the King requested Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, "Please appeal to all the devotees associated with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and submit this petition to them on my behalf"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya continued, "I shall submit your petition when there is an opportune moment. It will then be easy for you to come and meet the Lord"
- Srimati Sacimata thought that the body of Nimai was being smashed when He fell down so. She cried, "Alas!" and petitioned Lord Visnu
- Suta Gosvami said: Maharaja Pariksit, thus being petitioned by the personality of Kali, gave him permission to reside in places where gambling, drinking, prostitution and animal slaughter were performed
- When Balarama and Krsna were thus petitioned by Their intimate friends, They were inclined to please them, and with smiling faces They proceeded toward the forest, surrounded by all Their friends
- When he was petitioned by mother Sita, the fire-god, Agni, brought forth an illusory form of Sita, and Ravana, who had ten heads, kidnapped the false Sita. The original Sita then went to the abode of the fire-god
- When the Lord heard the humble petition made by the people, His heart softened. Being very merciful, He immediately came out and gave audience to all of them
- Whenever Krsna is requested to fulfill one's desire, He undoubtedly does so, but He does not award anything which, after being enjoyed, will cause one to petition Him again and again to fulfill further desires